Boy or Girl. Which do you think you are having? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I *know* I am having a boy. Does anyone else have an impression what they are having? Let's write it down and check back later to see if we were right. heartbeat.gif

#2 of 32 Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 PM

I've never felt one way or another during a pregnancy before, but I find myself feeling at least 80% sure that I'm having a girl.  I hope I'm right!  It seems right.  I think the whole family would be happy with another little girl, grandparents/aunts/uncles included!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#3 of 32 Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 PM
~pi

I don't have much of a feeling, but DH thinks girl. He is 8 for 8 so far (for me last time plus seven different friends' pregnancies) so I'd put my money on girl. We shall see.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#4 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 02:35 AM

DH feels its a Girl. He was right last time. I have no feelings either way. I would love a girl, but also would love another boy. I guess we will have to have more :)

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#5 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

I don't have much of a feeling, but DH thinks girl. He is 8 for 8 so far (for me last time plus seven different friends' pregnancies) so I'd put my money on girl. We shall see.

Wow! That is a real talent ~pi. Does he predict other things, have super special intuition?

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#6 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 AM

I really want a girl, but knowing my luck, it will be a boy, so I vote boy.. but I haven't really had any feelings yet toward one or the other.. maybe I will when the sex is actually forming? I KNEW last time it was a girl, and I was right, but this one I can't place yet.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#7 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 AM

I am thinking one of each, but DH thinks it is twin girls. He said to me the other day " Do you realize if we have girls that they are going to be teenagers at the same time?!?!" I think the thought of 2 girls scares him much more than the thought of boy/girl, or boy/boy.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#8 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 05:22 AM

I think I'm having a girl, but only b/c my betas were a LOT higher this time than last time.  Of course, the fertilized egg could have just implanted a day or two earlier this time, too.  Or I guess it could be twins, but I'm pulling for a girl. ;)

Homebirthing mama of 2
#9 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 05:53 AM

This is exactly the same for me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post

I really want a girl, but knowing my luck, it will be a boy, so I vote boy.. but I haven't really had any feelings yet toward one or the other.. maybe I will when the sex is actually forming? I KNEW last time it was a girl, and I was right, but this one I can't place yet.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#10 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 06:25 AM

DH and I both want a boy, but every single friend and relative says girl, and I had a dream it was a girl. If you follow the old wives tale about heart rate though, at 7w I was in "boy" zone, but I'm not holding my breath...

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#11 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 AM

I'm putting it on the internet for all to see: my vote is a boy.

After two girls, this pregnancy seems different. Also two weird things happened before I got pregnant.

My 4 yo dd#2 asked me in December, "When am I going to get my baby brother?" Odd choice of words.

Over Christmas, my parents stayed in our bedroom (due to all our stairs). My mother told me that she had a very vivid dream that I had a baby boy. Mind you, dh and I hadn't even done the deed yet!!!

Also, dh and I were able to come up with only girl names for the first two pregnancies. This time around, boy names seem to be the only ones coming to mind. Hmmmm.

#12 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 07:28 AM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagirl View Post

Wow! That is a real talent ~pi. Does he predict other things, have super special intuition?

Hmm, interesting question. I would say no overall, although he's extremely observant of detail, and will do things like bring me a glass of water before I ask for it, etc. 8 for 8 is pretty good, but still not that far outside the realm of reasonable chance (i.e., it could just be luck.) We'll see how prediction #9 turns out!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#13 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM

I have never had a feeling before until this one. The day before (or after can't remember which now) I had a random vision of a light skinned girl with long,straight black hair at about 5 years old. Only saw the back of her though. I "feel" like I am carrying a girl but it might just be wishful thinking. Based on when I ovulated and DTD the baby will likely be a boy. My intuitive son did say I was having a girl or twins...I hope he was right about the girl...but not twins because as much as I always wanted them I don't think I could handle that now, on my own!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#14 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm pretty sure this is another girl. I've had a very strong girl feeling right from the start. I'd be absolutely thrilled, although I can already imagine everyone in the world saying:"Oh, still trying for a boy, huh?!" when we finally tell them.  rolleyes.gif  Not so much, my dream is having three little girls! 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#15 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 11:18 AM

I sort of think boy, but I've thought I would have a boy since long before I actually got pregnant.  I have had a couple of vivid images of a little boy here, too.  But mostly girl names keep popping into my head.  I guess we'll see . . . but if I had to guess, I'd say boy, right now.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#16 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 11:48 AM

I'm putting my money on another boy because:

* The last two years that I was teaching (the year before pregnant with DS and the year I was pregnant with DS) my classes were 70% boys.  I figured the universe was trying to get me ready for living in a Boy House.  Almost everyone we knew thought I'd have a girl, and I kinda was wishing for one, but I just knew it would be a boy.

* My mom had two kids, both the same sex.  My mom's sister had 2 kids, both the same sex.  My maternal grandmother had 2 kids, both the same sex.  DH's mom had 2 kids, both the same sex.  So, I kinda figured that's where we're headed.

* Last time around DH's grandmother was one of the few who was sure we'd have a boy -- so that her family would be all equal, gender-wise.  She has 1 son, 1 daughter.  2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons.  She had 2 great-granddaughters...but only 1 great-grandson.  So we had to have a boy to make it even again.  It'll be interesting to hear her guess this time. 

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#17 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM

Last time I really wanted a girl at first, and then I found out we were having a boy.  This time I'm rooting for a boy, but I have had NO dreams about the baby at all.  Last time I had mostly boy dreams.  So...I don't know.  I felt that I was pregnant long before I could test, and I felt like it was a girl.  We'll see!

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#18 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM

I think I'm having a girl.  No reason, just a feeling.

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#19 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm having a girl.  I've been right every time I've been pregnant.

#20 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 05:32 PM

I'm thinking (maybe it's hoping...) girl. That said, I have been wrong EVERY time so far. I thought DS1 was a girl, thought DD was a boy and was SURE DS2 was a girl... so I'm not holding my breath! LOL!

Beth )O( Homeschooling Mama to blahblah.gif DS (7) luxlove.gif DD (5) and sleepytime.gif DS (1) & #4 on the way in October!!! love.gif
 homebirth.jpgecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFbf.jpgsewmachine.gifrainbow1284.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifphotosmile2.gif

#21 of 32 Old 02-25-2011, 05:47 PM

Right now, my guess would be a girl. The only reason is the nausea. I did not have hardly any sickness with my first two, both boys. Just the odd wave, and it was gone. I was really tired though.

With this one, the nausea is really really reallly (can I stress it enough?) BAD.

My mom asked me this morning if anything sounded good at all, I told her "club soda and ice cubes."

OOoh, forgot to add, My son insists it's a girl. When I told them we were pregnant, he said that he had been praying that we would have a girl.lol

I told him that you don't really get a choice, and that we'd be happy with either. He said "that's fine mom. I'm not worried. It's a girl."

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#22 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 08:04 AM

I think I've got a boy.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#23 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 09:56 AM

If I was forced to guess (lol) I'd say girl. This pregnancy is just totally different than with ds.

DS guesses a girl. DH wants a boy. I would be happy either way, but I'm really thinking girl just because of the difference between pregnancies.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#24 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm thinking boy. Both because my pregnancy is so different this time than last with DD (symptoms are pretty mild, I feel mostly ok) AND because my good friend was seeing a serious psychic last year and she told her that she saw a little boy spirit waiting to come through to my family. Only time will tell, though!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#25 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM

I'm a little over eight weeks pregnant, and call me crazy, but I KNOW I'm having a boy! I can't explain how or why, I just have this inner knowing that I'm having a little boy. This is my first so I was praying for a girl, but I really think it's gonna be a little boy. I think it IS possible for some people to know without an ultrasound what they're having, but I also think alot of women don't! I also have this feeling it may be multiples, but that I'm not so passionate about... Congrats! <3

#26 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdabbler View Post

I'm putting it on the internet for all to see: my vote is a boy.

After two girls, this pregnancy seems different. Also two weird things happened before I got pregnant.

My 4 yo dd#2 asked me in December, "When am I going to get my baby brother?" Odd choice of words.

Over Christmas, my parents stayed in our bedroom (due to all our stairs). My mother told me that she had a very vivid dream that I had a baby boy. Mind you, dh and I hadn't even done the deed yet!!!

Also, dh and I were able to come up with only girl names for the first two pregnancies. This time around, boy names seem to be the only ones coming to mind. Hmmmm.

Wow, my story is similar! When my dd(4) was around 2 she started having dreams every night about "the baby boy." I then started having the same dreams. She would always tell me there was going to be a baby boy in my belly. I was in no way ready to have another at that point. Well, the dreams continued off and on and I've always felt this baby boy "around" me(same thing happened with my dd). I have not told me dd that I am pregnant yet, but last week I was getting her ready for bed and she said "When you have the baby I'm not going to help you clean him up, but he can use my old high chair if he wants." I asked her what she was talking about and told her I am not having a baby(cause I don't want her to know yet!) and she said "Yes you are, and you are going to get really fat soon!" So, we've got a bit of intuition going on here. If it is not a boy I will be so shocked. My dd "followed" me around long before she was conceived and I knew exactly what she looked like. I had a vision of her standing next to my oldest ds's crib as a baby too. So I'm just trusting that this will be the baby boy we've been dreaming of for two years. :)

#27 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 04:21 PM

I am nearly certain that it is another girl :) I would love a boy but really I don't have a preference either way. I just really feel the same way I did with my other 3 girls no different symptoms ;)

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#28 of 32 Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunieMoon View Post

Wow, my story is similar! When my dd(4) was around 2 she started having dreams every night about "the baby boy." I then started having the same dreams. She would always tell me there was going to be a baby boy in my belly. I was in no way ready to have another at that point. Well, the dreams continued off and on and I've always felt this baby boy "around" me(same thing happened with my dd). I have not told me dd that I am pregnant yet, but last week I was getting her ready for bed and she said "When you have the baby I'm not going to help you clean him up, but he can use my old high chair if he wants." I asked her what she was talking about and told her I am not having a baby(cause I don't want her to know yet!) and she said "Yes you are, and you are going to get really fat soon!" So, we've got a bit of intuition going on here. If it is not a boy I will be so shocked. My dd "followed" me around long before she was conceived and I knew exactly what she looked like. I had a vision of her standing next to my oldest ds's crib as a baby too. So I'm just trusting that this will be the baby boy we've been dreaming of for two years. :)

And time will tell hearts.gif

#29 of 32 Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 AM

I feel very much drawn to all things boy.  When browsing in stores, I am drawn to boy/gender neutral things, whereas before I got pregnant, I was inclined to think if I had a child, I'd really like a girl.  Either one is pretty cool, but my gut says this lo is packing an XY punch.

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#30 of 32 Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM

This is an interesting subject. There's some family politics involved with anticipating the gender of this baby, but here's what I think:

I think it's a Boy, (and I will be very happy with a healthy boy!) but as it's my last, my heart longs for a little girl. SOME things point to girl, but today my sister in law (who knows I'm expecting) said her mom (my MIL) who doesn't even know I'm pregnant, called from Uruguay and told her she had a dream I was pregnant with a boy. (She has some psychic ability...) My sister in law had a dream about me having a boy...but a friend's teenage daughter is sure it's a girl.

That being said, I usually know for sure by around 11 weeks, and I'm in week 9, and I don't have feelings strong enough that I'd put a wager-:)

This is fun though! 

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page