thank you breastmilk! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

To the many advantages of breastfeeding, add the ability to clear up pink eye!

My kids had pink eye setting in last night, no doubt about it.  Of course, this hit on the ONE DAY OF THE YEAR we don't have insurance (my husband started a new job yesterday and is out in California at training...leaving morning sick me home with no insurance and 2 sick kids.  Blah).  So because I knew I couldn't take them in until later today, I squirted breastmilk in their eyes and sent them to bed.  (and no, this was not as easy as it sounds...and no, I didn't not think to express it into a cup and use an eye dropper until this morning...it had been a long day)

Lo and behold, they woke up with bright (mostly) clear eyes this morning. 

Yea for breastmilk! 

amyandelle likes this.

SAHM to Matias (3) and Violet (18 mo), and avid homemaker, seamstress, gardener, knitter and cook.
#2 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 07:43 AM

Yay! It works for ear infections too ;)

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#3 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Nice!!!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#4 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 PM

I recently figured out that it also works for stuffy noses... just squirt a little up there and blow in his face so inhales it... much better than having to get up for the saline drops at 4am...

#5 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM

I keep it in the freezer just for that purpose!! It is the best on pink eye.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page