Who else is cloth-diapering? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 129 Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the monkeyhugz link!  I ordered a few different styles to get a really up close look at them and decide what we liked.  I'm really excited about the whole CD thing.  They are so stinkin cute!

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#122 of 129 Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

Thanks for the monkeyhugz link!  I ordered a few different styles to get a really up close look at them and decide what we liked.  I'm really excited about the whole CD thing.  They are so stinkin cute!

I did the same thing.  smile.gif  This is the first purchase I've made for the baby, and I can't wait to get them.  The diapers going to be so cute, and $15 new wool covers seems like a great find.  Yay!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#123 of 129 Old 04-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I just remembered that out of all the covers I had, for wetness and leak control I liked Bummis Super Whisper Wraps. So I'll probably start out with prefolds and those--I like prefolds on newborns. I have a bunch of size medium aio that I can use later.

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#124 of 129 Old 05-07-2011, 07:20 PM

this is my first and i really want to use cloth...mostly what i have looked into is gdiapers. they seemed the most newborn-compatible compared to others i saw on the site, plus they're super cute, and they have a cotton/hemp cloth insert or biodegradable/compostable/flushable refill option! anybody using/used them and have comments?? (:

#125 of 129 Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 PM

gdiapers are not so awesome, in my opinion. The paper inserts are more expensive than a whole disposable diaper, they can't go down septic systems or older pipes, composting is a joke, really, and the shells don't wash up very nice. The waterproof snaps in with these tiny straps on thin plastic, and much of the diaper isn't waterproof. The advantage is that the colors are awesome, and they sell them lots and lots of places.
I'd suggest Flip or GroVia as alternatives with a disposable or cloth option. The covers are just better, more durable, and flexible for other options.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#126 of 129 Old 05-08-2011, 05:12 PM

I'll be CDing and part-time ECing...and I have recently purchased a few diapers I am madly in love with! (I've CDed all of my kiddos, and this is my 4th...)

They are Itti Bitti Tutto One-size. Now, obviously I've never actually USED them, but they have answered a ton of the complaints I've had with previous CDs. AND with all the adjustments and the ability to modify the absorbency, I am sooo excited! I thought about using GroVia, but I don't like the plastic-y outside of the PUL diapers, and the minky outsides and soft bamboo inners of these diapers are incredible!!

They are the best selling diaper in Australia. Note: They are made in China, however I contacted the company and they visit the factory once each month, and the workers are paid well and the working conditions are excellent.

I'm placing a second order-for the rest of my diapers-tomorrow! :) Since we know we're having a girl now, I get to buy some of the cute girly colors!

(I'm ordering from The Baby Marketplace, because they have flat rate $5 shipping.

:)

nicolian likes this.

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#127 of 129 Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Gabesgrrrl, those Itti Bitti Tutto One-size diapers look pretty amazing. I think I need to invest!

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#128 of 129 Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 AM

I did EC with my son and plan to do it again with this baby but I will use cloth for backup. I like the favorite EC pant from www.theecstore.com. I also like the simplypullon they sell for the newborn period. Just stuff with a prefold and slip it on.

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#129 of 129 Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM

I CD twin girls and plan on CD'ing baby 3 when she arrives in Oct.  I have a strange array in my stash.  Lots of perfect size Fuzzi Bunz, flats, prefolds.  Covers of all shapes and sizes....Mommy's Touch OS, GenY Universal, Flip, Kissaluvs Marvels OS, Thirsties, swaddlebees and I think a couple Blueberry Coveralls.  They rotate on a not so regular basis.  The only ones that we've liked throughout our course of CD'ing were the Mommy's Touch OS with the aplix closures...they've been the easiest and most truely OS for both our girl.  I got turned on to them cause my aunt bought us two NB size budget bottom shells and like 8 of the velour inserts.  For the NB stage with baby 3, I think I am going to get a couple of more of the Mommy's Touch budget bottoms and maybe another 8 of the inserts as well.  We really liked these.  Probably will also get a few of the bigger budget bottoms and some inserts for our 'big' girls cause these were the easiest for us to go out and travel with.  We really like the BG pockets too.  We got to test out some well-cared for ones that were at the end of their life for free which was nice...they were convenient, but a little more bulky than the MT ones

I think it's a bunch of trial and error no matter what anyone says.  I got so many different opinions and got so overwhelmed I bought more than I should :)

bryttni likes this.

Tags
Cloth Diapers , Diaper , Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page