Spotlight/getting to know you sign-up thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I figure since not everyone will be interested in being known lol.gif we could do a sign up thread for those who are interested. And then we can get started!

So, post here if you would like to be spotlighted!! Once we see how many are interested, we will know how many to do per week. love.gif

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#2 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 AM
~pi

The current plan for spotlight is that everyone will be included, so no need to sign up!

See http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1299886/spotlight-getting-to-know-you-threads#post_16295406

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#3 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 AM

I'm interested!

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#4 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM

I'm interested!

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#5 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

The current plan for spotlight is that everyone will be included, so no need to sign up!

See http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1299886/spotlight-getting-to-know-you-threads#post_16295406

Yea, I saw that. I just figured it didn't seem as though everyone was interested as there weren't many responses to the thread. :) Only those who want to be spotlighted should be.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#6 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#7 of 9 Old 03-03-2011, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolian View Post

Yea, I saw that. I just figured it didn't seem as though everyone was interested as there weren't many responses to the thread. :) Only those who want to be spotlighted should be.

I kinda liked ~pi's plan. I figure anyone who doesn't want to answer questions can just not. Plus, I think everyone who responded to the poll said she was interested.
#8 of 9 Old 03-03-2011, 07:01 AM
~pi

For what it's worth, the reason I thought to automatically include everyone is that I organized these last time for my DS' DDC and no one said no. Going and asking everyone, however, was a massive pain in the butt. (So many PMs!)

The original thread did not ask people to sign up, and it was pretty clearly a positive response from the beginning, so if anyone thought, "Sure, sounds fun!" all you had to do was leave the thread alone. I wouldn't take lack of hundreds of responses as a sign of disinterest. From my perspective, there was an overwhelmingly positive response.

I personally prefer not having a thread as a sign-up list, as I favour a very inclusive approach, and there is good evidence that not everyone has time to check the forum every day, nor to open every thread, so it's very easy to miss sign-up. I will also plan to put a little text at the top to PM me if you don't want to be included, and I will take people out of the list if they don't want to participate. As soon as the first thread gets going, it will be fairly obvious, and the preamble text will explain when everyone's turn will be, so it will give people a chance to bow out ahead of time if they so desire. And again, if one (or even, in a rare event, two!) people from each group of four doesn't want to participate, it will still be a lively thread with the two or three who do.

Finally, I am totally happy (really! smile.gif) to do this some other way if someone else wants to organize it. I just proposed this approach based on my experience organizing these in the past and my personal preference to be as inclusive as possible while not making too much unnecessary work for the organizer. winky.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#9 of 9 Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

No, mama. Sounds good to me. Go for it. :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page