Things Never to Say to a Pregnant Woman - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 04-30-2011, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Mainebirdgirl, no way!

Amy Mae, I have seen your pics and you're no way, shape or form massive at all, at all, at all. You look so fantastic, and not massive (did I mention great? And slim all over except where the BABY is???) Sheesh.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#62 of 69 Old 04-30-2011, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainebirdgirl 
First off- I am amazed at how many people tell me stories of people they know that were puking throughout their whole pregnancy when they find out I've been sick a lot.Hello? How does that help? It's very uncommon to be sick the whole time and I don't need to be afraid of that as I'm wondering when I'll ever feel better. My DH has been amazing overall, but the other day he said something that made me want to shake him.I have been sick a lot and it has been very difficult with the work I'm doing. Work has been very stressful as I have my summer staff and I'm trying to lead by example, but meanwhile have to run off to puke or take time to sit and recuperate. I'm training the new staff, plus organizing the beginning of the field season, plus being sick frequently- plus we just bought a new house, and we are moving, and painting, and DH is leaving for Ireland for over a week today. So- things are stressful. When I am puking and feel miserable, it's extra stressful and I worry about my job and things.The other night, as I couldn't even keep toast down, DH says "don't worry about work. Have you ever thought about how the stress you're feeling is negatively impacting the babies? Just relax."Umm- so as I'm puking and feeling miserable and wondering how I'm capable of doing my job in this condition- thinking about how my stress is affecting the twins just makes things waaaaaaay worse!! Now I REALLY can't relax.Sheeesh.

Whoa. Wow. Way to add MORE stress! I am so sorry he said that to you hug2.gif . That's just horrible.

#63 of 69 Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Is this an unplanned pregnancy? I had two people ask me that.

signcirc1.giffly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif

Proud mom of an inquisitive, breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping 9 month old boy and a talkative curious 4 year old girl.

#64 of 69 Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM

I was complaining on my Facebook wall about my son flooding the bathroom and then while I was cleaning that up painting himself with chocolate almond butter in the kitchen. I actually found it a bit humorous (he is 2 after all) but the comment I got from a friend of my moms was "and your having ANOTHER one. WHY?". 

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#65 of 69 Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Holly, chocolate almond butter sounds delicious! 

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#66 of 69 Old 05-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

I was thinking the same thing. lol

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#67 of 69 Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Holly, you've gotta come up with a snappy comeback for that rudeness (a mean version is: "for the same reason I'm now unfriending you: because I want to.")

And yeah, I'm headed to the store all of a sudden for chocolate almond butter.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#68 of 69 Old 05-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

Yes it is! I eat a spoonful right out of the jar when a chocolate craving hits..guilt free yum!winky.gif

I did answer her back saying "my life would be so dull without all the excitement" and she said "I guess when you get older you don't want that kind of excitement"

She also asked me if she could be a "grandma" to the baby because my mom is gone and her grandson is so far away...But we don't see eye to eye on ALOT of things so I don't think that would work..I just avoided the question and hope she got the hint.

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#69 of 69 Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 AM

From my last pregnancy...

Him: "How far along are you?"

Me: "Halfway"

Him: While staring at my belly "Wow, you are going to be huge by the end!"

Me: Stunned silence (he was a co-worker so I didn't want to be rude back)

Inside my head this was my response:

"Yes, I am growing an entire human inside of my body. What exactly is your excuse for the gut, too many donuts?"

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page