So excited!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This has been SUCH a good week!

Gorgeous weather all week.  Yesterday, we hired a midwife (yay!).  Today, my DH got a job offer!!!  He's been unemployed for a year and a half, and has had such a long and frustrating job search.  And add a new baby on the way on top of it all, and things were looking pretty stressful!  But a company interviewed him a week ago today, and already decided to give him a job!  We're thrilled!  It's going to be a 90-day contract through the recruiting company, and then they'll hire him personally and permanently if they decide they like him well enough (and I don't doubt they will!). 

I'm so thrilled!

But at the same time (and I don't doubt pregnancy hormones are playing at least a slight part in this), I'm dealing with some sadness.  I've had a whole year and half to have my husband around practically 24/7, helping me with the house, helping me with the kids, keeping an eye on the littles if I need to run an errand.... and now he'll be gone almost all day (especially since it will be about ~1hr commute each way), and I know I'll miss his company, and I'll definitely miss his help.  And especially since I'm pregnant, I'll have to push myself not to fall behind on things around the house, or get too lazy to play with my youngest.  And it's all happening so fast!  They wanted him to start on Monday - in FOUR DAYS! - but he got it pushed to Wednesday so he'd have a little extra time to hunt for a 2nd vehicle (so I'm not stranded at home on top of being lonely!).

Okay, but seriously!  I'm still thrilled!  It's been SO LONG since we've had a job, and we needed it SO much.  DH needed it especially - not working has been such a strain on his self-worth and self-esteem.  And it will be so nice knowing we can actually afford this baby, lol!! 

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 AM

Congrats to your hubby on the new job! I'm sure there will be an adjustment period for everyone, but I hope it goes smoothly orngbiggrin.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#3 of 6 Old 03-04-2011, 05:50 AM

Congrats!! I hope the adjustment doesn't take you too long. My Dh works at home so I feel you. I would be super sad if he had to go work in an office.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#4 of 6 Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Congratulations!  That is a huge deal.  I just moved to Boston last March (wow, a year ago!) and spent my first 6 months here unemployed (and planning our June wedding, getting settled in a new place etc).  It is stressful not having a job in many ways, but also going back to work was a huge adjustment for me.  I wish I were independently wealthy, but nope, not this time around!  I can totally relate to the sudden "loss" for going back to work, and for having mixed feelings.  Getting a paycheck is always nice, having time demands and a commute is hard.  However, it sounds like it will also take a huge amount of stress away for your family, so that is really positive.  And, it sounds like you are already a super resilient and flexible family, so I am sending you good thoughts that the adjustment is as easy as it can be on all of you! Thank you for sharing the good news with us all too :)

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#5 of 6 Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy May View Post However, it sounds like it will also take a huge amount of stress away for your family, so that is really positive.  And, it sounds like you are already a super resilient and flexible family, so I am sending you good thoughts that the adjustment is as easy as it can be on all of you! Thank you for sharing the good news with us all too :)

Thank you for all the congratulations.  I really am so excited.  ;)  Yesterday, I felt like making a large sign and attaching it to my head so everyone who I passed would be able to know how thrilled I am, lol!  Today, I've been telling everyone I can think of!

But yes, this will be a HUGE relief of stress for our family.  I know it's taken its toll on me - I gained somewhere around 30lbs this past year, doing nothing different but experiencing stress.  Heck, I was even been eating better, because I wasn't able to afford fast food or having treats on hand at home, etc.   And I guess we have been pretty resilient, to make do the best we can for a year and a half while we waited for things to come through.  It's really helped us to be back in Colorado near our family.  If we had been dealing with this all in Maryland, thousands of miles away from everyone, it'd have been way worse for DH. 

And again, thanks for the congrats!  I hope the transition will be smooth.  :)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#6 of 6 Old 03-04-2011, 09:14 PM
~pi

Congratulations!!! And best of luck with the transition. I totally understand feeling some trepidation -- that's a big change.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page