Subchorionic Hemorrhage.... anyone else have this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I woke up lightly spotting this morning so after a few hours I decided to head to the ER just to be on the safe side. The baby looks great measuring 10 weeks 6 days and his/her heartbeat is strong and at 174bpm :)  The ER doc told me though that they saw a Subchorionic Hemorrhage and that my OB will have to follow it closely. She said I need to be on complete pelvic rest at least untilI see my OB. I have my first OB appointment on Monday so I am trying not to freak out. The ER doc made it sound like it was no big deal but when I looked it up online of course you find all the info going from very mild to serious stuff..... I am going to try not to think about it too much until I talk to the OB and hopefully she will be more informative and put me more at ease....

Anyone else going through this?

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM

Sorry, I know nothing about this, but I didn't want to read and not reply.

Stop reading on the internet about it!  Right now, you have a healthy babe in there and orders for rest.  If what was said was that your doctor will need to keep an eye on it, then you're already well on your way, with your first appointment in only two days.  Probably if the doctor didn't seem to think you should worry too much, you shouldn't . . . and even if you should, it won't help, right?  So just try to rest and be calm.

I'm hoping that your doctor tells you it was a false alarm and that there's nothing wrong at all, or failing that that it's very minor . . . and tells you that there's nothing to worry about.  Hugs!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mama (((((HUG)))))

I am chillin out right now and it feels pretty good :) We are about to watch a movie and my Mom has the big girls overnight for a slumber party ;)

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 03-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Hi, just wanted to lend some reassurance. My third child had a SCH and is fine! My friend had one as well and turned out fine! Hang in there!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 03-06-2011, 08:12 AM

I had one with my second. The spotting lasted for a long time- 6 to 16 weeks. It made my pregnancy feel really uneasy. She was born full term with no other complications whatsoever. At the homebirth, my midwife even found the spot on the placenta where the bleeding originated from--pretty cool! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes, I have/had one. They found it at my 5w u/s. It's been shrinking since, with no bleeding. The RE thought it would resolve on its own because it had shrunk so much. He said it's a finding in 20% of normal pregnancies.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

Old 03-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I lost my last pregnancy at 17 weeks due to a SH-- losses can and do happen with these, and are more common in older moms (35+).  When I was 28 I also had a SH pregnancy and I carried to term.  Don't have intercourse, no orgasm, no lifting.  Rest a lot.  You might want to ask your OB/ MW about baby aspirin, I have been taking it daily this time around and so far no clots.  I am 10 weeks due 10/1.

It may also be linked to a folic acid deficiency so if you are not taking prenatals take at least 800 mcg folic acid.

User Tag List