Any Green Smoothie Mamas Out There?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started drinking green smoothies over 2 years ago and they have made me feel so amazing. This will be my first pregnancy drinking them. I'm 7 weeks now and still able to tolerate them (and still crave them). I'm wondering if anyone else out there plans to drink them consistently through your pregnancy? I have only missed a handful of days in the past 2 years. So far I don't have much nausea, and I am hoping it stays that way. I am still exhausted though! I was hoping the smoothies would alleviate that. Maybe I need to up them from my normal quart a day and see if that helps. I'm happy this baby will be getting the benefit of sooo many greens. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 PM

ME! Well up until a month before I got pregnant I was drinking them daily but lost my taste for them and started doing all fruit and then cut them out completely. Just tonight I made some almond mylk and saved some with the thought of making a yummy green smoothie tomorrow morning. I definitely want to get back in the habit especially since I am not liking my prenatal vitamins!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:12 PM

I would love to know what you guys put in yours.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 PM

Yeah, this seems like a good idea.  What goes into a green smoothie? 

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 PM

I put chopped raw kale, frozen blueberries, a banana, a splash of orange juice, a splash of carrot juice, and full-fat yogurt in mine. Sometimes I add some milk, or sub out the fruit for other fruit like a chopped apple, strawberries, or a pear. You can use other greens, too--spinach or dandelion.

The only thing you have to watch is the milk products plus all the fruit adds up to a lot of sugar if you drink it all at once. For this reason, I try to drink a cupful at a time and keep some in the fridge to "snack" on during the day when my blood sugar is getting low. You can also add hemp seed powder or other protein powders for extra protein (just make sure they don't have a bunch of added vitamins in them).

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

User Tag List