Anyone have a nickname for their baby In utero? Lol - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ha, forgot to mention, the kids came up with a new one today. "Wet Willie" haha. Ironically appropriate.

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

DH and my mother object to me calling it "the parasite," so we mostly just call it "the baby."

However, and this is possibly TMI, when we were TTC, DH would pick a different boys name each time we DTD and we'd cheer that name on - "Go Carlos, go!" It was during one of these times that we figured out a name we really liked, so the two of us have basically been calling the baby by its actual name (if it's a boy) since it was a sperm. lol

I have been told to stop calling our twins "the parasites" as well, even though that's kind of what they feel like sometimes...and my husband strenuously objected to my referring to them as a "terrorist cell." He said it was "too dark." For now, we've been referring to them as Thing 1 and Thing 2, but only between ourselves.

I like everyone else's lighthearted, sweet and funny names. One of these days, I'll get with the program and start feeling lots more positive! :-)

#33 of 35 Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear abbey View Post

One of these days, I'll get with the program and start feeling lots more positive! :-)

Give yourself some time, honey. It's a lot to deal with. hug2.gif

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#34 of 35 Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 AM

Mighty Baby is what we call ours...because in the moment we learned I was pregnant, a Mighty Baby song was playing. I don't even know this band. I asked "Is that a Grateful Dead song?" (it sounds like that...) and my husband looked at the computer to check, and said "No, it's a band called....Mighty Baby."  And we looked at each other and smiled...... 

It is also fitting because if this baby makes it to birth- which I really believe it will- it is surely MIGHTY!  It is a long journey these 9 months, but I keep thinking "this baby is so Mighty...we'll be fine!"

Lisa, living in Asheville, NC, married to my best friend for 7 years partners.gif, remembering our angel in heaven angel1.gif, having so much fun raising our DS (10/10/11) thumb.gif and so excited to meet our new baby this October blush.gif !

#35 of 35 Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 AM

We call our baby "Baby Valentine" because Daddy told me I was pregnant on Valentine's Day, over V-Day dinner actually, and we got the official BFP the next day.

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page