Anyone have a nickname for their baby In utero? Lol - Mothering Forums
1 2 
October 2011 > Anyone have a nickname for their baby In utero? Lol
Tourneymama's Avatar Tourneymama 09:47 PM 03-09-2011

I know our baby cannot hear yet, being that my wife is only 7 weeks pg, but I still talk to her belly every night, and plan on doing so, every night, for the entire time she is pregnant, lol....So anyhow maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, we were talking and she said something about the baby only being the size of a poppy seed. For some reason, that just stuck in my mind, so now I refer to the baby as "Poppy"

Whenever I call from work to check on her, I'll say "How are you & Poppy doing?" or when I talk to her belly, I'll say "Hellooooo Poppy, mama loves you!" ROTFLMAO.gif

I hve a feeling that the nickname will stick around, even after the baby is born...Even though, obviously.....It won't be the size of a Poppy seed anymore! ;)

~pi's Avatar ~pi 10:00 PM 03-09-2011

love.gif I love it. (I actually once knew a woman named Poppy. She was a lovely person.)

Our nicknames tend to be of the temporary variety. DS had a personal name when he was on the inside; the current one is niblet. I don't see us calling the kid cob when she or he is on the outside, though we may make jokes about husking at some point.

niamama's Avatar niamama 11:00 PM 03-09-2011

Because ours is due October 29th, the little one is currently called Pumpkin!

NDFanatik's Avatar NDFanatik 11:56 PM 03-09-2011

My little one is currently dubbed "Fi Fi the Ferocious Fetus" thanks to my coworkers, lol.  So Fi Fi it is until we find out gender and can give him/her a proper name :)

Veronika01's Avatar Veronika01 12:52 AM 03-10-2011

Ours is called Squiggle.  :D

capretta's Avatar capretta 01:27 AM 03-10-2011
The sprog.
mingus's Avatar mingus 04:26 AM 03-10-2011

Ours is The Passenger. DS was called Rowdy in utero, and part of me would still like to find something a little more name-like for this one, but Passenger seems to be sticking (DH thinks it is funny).

livacreature's Avatar livacreature 06:03 AM 03-10-2011

Gizmo.  :) 

Apparently this is not an exceptable given name according to some people (person) in my household.  :-P

Amy May's Avatar Amy May 06:43 AM 03-10-2011

Ours is Omee.  Think "Brangelina." 

My very dear friends called hers Cletus (as in Cletus the Fetus) and Generic (and they thought of it as either Jenny or Rick).

I think it is really fun having something to call this little person while it is still growing- I love hearing all your names too!  How fun!

theboysmama's Avatar theboysmama 06:44 AM 03-10-2011

Boo!

As in I know you were contracepting and not expecting a baby but I am here anyways SO BOO!

livacreature's Avatar livacreature 06:55 AM 03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

Boo!

As in I know you were contracepting and not expecting a baby but I am here anyways SO BOO!

This had me laughing so hard!  Brilliant! 

kdabbler's Avatar kdabbler 07:26 AM 03-10-2011

We joked that we're naming this one Trey as it's baby #3.

emmaegbert's Avatar emmaegbert 08:01 AM 03-10-2011

I love these names- I might steal one! Thinking we'll tell our DS this weekend and maybe he'd like to come up with a name with us?? we didn't really have names for the other two- though Rowdy would have been a good one for #1. He was an acrobat in utero.

I like that rhyme too... contracepting and not expecting... describes us too...

sunanthem's Avatar sunanthem 08:07 AM 03-10-2011

I have dubbed the new bean "the tiebreaker" since we already have a boy and a girl...

Tourneymama's Avatar Tourneymama 08:51 AM 03-10-2011

Lol, thanks so much for sharing ladies, I loved reading through all of these!! :-) Its neat how everyone has their own little names for cute reasons!!

baby.fatty's Avatar baby.fatty 11:44 AM 03-10-2011

This one doesn't have a nickname that has stuck yet (we are mostly calling it "number 2" - not cute) - but our first was Cletus the Fetus - ha!  We used it so consistently that lots of folks thought we were *actually planning to name our child Cletus*.  Dear god.

JoyfulWife's Avatar JoyfulWife 11:48 AM 03-10-2011

We're calling the little one jellybean. I have had a couple ultrasounds so far (to rule out ectopic b/c of cramping and one to check on baby because I've been SO dehydrated) and on the first one the baby looked just like a little jellybean. It stuck. :)

AKChix0r's Avatar AKChix0r 12:52 PM 03-10-2011
DH and my mother object to me calling it "the parasite," so we mostly just call it "the baby."

However, and this is possibly TMI, when we were TTC, DH would pick a different boys name each time we DTD and we'd cheer that name on - "Go Carlos, go!" It was during one of these times that we figured out a name we really liked, so the two of us have basically been calling the baby by its actual name (if it's a boy) since it was a sperm. lol
brennan's Avatar brennan 01:33 PM 03-10-2011

DD was (and still is) Boo and so this one is BooToo! (Or BooTwo....really either makes sense)

Though, my sister who is also pg calls hers boo as well...so maybe mine should be boothree as she's due before me...

capretta's Avatar capretta 01:53 PM 03-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

DH and my mother object to me calling it "the parasite," so we mostly just call it "the baby."

However, and this is possibly TMI, when we were TTC, DH would pick a different boys name each time we DTD and we'd cheer that name on - "Go Carlos, go!" It was during one of these times that we figured out a name we really liked, so the two of us have basically been calling the baby by its actual name (if it's a boy) since it was a sperm. lol
lol.gif
StephandOwen's Avatar StephandOwen 02:34 PM 03-10-2011

These are too cute!

DS was Moon Rocket. When we got the billion questions on what his name would be I always answered Moon Rocket. Nobody even knew any names we were considering.

Still working on a name for this one.... none have stuck yet....

yellowdart's Avatar yellowdart 08:36 PM 03-10-2011

Mine is El Gordo.   He's small right now, but give him a couple months!

~pi's Avatar ~pi 08:05 AM 03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by capretta View Post

The sprog.

love.gif DS was sproglet on the inside, sprog once out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

biglaugh.gif

StephandOwen's Avatar StephandOwen 11:21 AM 03-20-2011

This little critter now has an official name... Sunburst love.gif DS was Moon Rocket before he was born so we decided to stick to the space theme winky.gif

Snugglebugmom's Avatar Snugglebugmom 08:05 AM 03-21-2011

Our sproutling has a nickname too. Courtesy of his/her oldest sister, who decided that the new baby will be a baby brother and should be called Bobo. So... Bobo it is, at least until Bobo arrives earth-side, and then we are soooo changing it! 

leaves's Avatar leaves 05:43 PM 03-21-2011

Haha, these are all hilarious, cute & creative. Loved reading all of them! We didn't have a nick-name for DS, but we're calling this baby "caterpillar" until we figure out a name... no reason, my husband started calling it caterpillar and it stuck. :)

corrabelle's Avatar corrabelle 09:56 AM 03-23-2011

so far we've used several...(Not sure why...) but we've used "Bug", "sea monkey", "sprout", "kumquat", "beaner"....my husband has a different name for the baby everyday.lol (some were  in reference to the actual size/stage of pregnancy...)

I think sea monkey and kumquat are the keepers though, those seem to be the most often used.

I have this weird thing with not wanting to call a baby by it's name until after it's born, so even if we find out what it is, we won't be calling it by it's chosen name until after.

~pi's Avatar ~pi 11:07 AM 03-23-2011

I love sea monkey. What a great name!

StephandOwen's Avatar StephandOwen 05:08 PM 03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrabelle View Post

I have this weird thing with not wanting to call a baby by it's name until after it's born, so even if we find out what it is, we won't be calling it by it's chosen name until after.

We don't/won't call the baby by anything but the nickname until after birth as well. Part of it is because I don't want to call it a name then look at the baby and decide that's not the name (the only name I seriously considered for ds just was not him when I saw him so I totally changed it to something I'd not even considered). The other reason is because we don't tell anyone the name until after the birth, it helps avoid a lot of the "I don't like that name", "you should name it this instead" crap.

corrabelle's Avatar corrabelle 08:13 PM 03-23-2011

Steph, that's pretty much the same way we feel. Same reasons;) Besides, it's also kind of fun to announce the name at the birth!

1 2 

Up