movement - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is pregnancy #4 for me. In preg #3 I was feeling the baby move at 10 weeks. I've been feeling this one move already, too!(I'm 11 weeks) I have felt each baby earlier and earlier. It was confirmed with #3 when I went to the doctor and by now I know what it feels like and it's consistently in the same spot. I'm loving this :) I feel so lucky to have been able to feel my babies so early. When I was pregnant with #2, I felt her around 16 wks and one day I went to the doctor because it had been 2 days and I hadn't felt movement. The doctor checked her heartbeat, then went into the hall and laughed at me and made fun of me to a nurse for "thinking I felt the baby this early". It was humiliating. I knew what I was feeling.

I can't wait until the baby's big enough for our bebe sounds monitor to work! My husband hooked it to the guitar amp so it would be really loud and tested it. He's quite fun! So in a few weeks the baby's heartbeat will be booming throughout the house! ROTFLMAO.gif

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#2 of 18 Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Awww, that is awesome!! I cant wait till my DW gets far enough along, that *I* can feel the baby through her belly! I look forward to it so much!

I dont quite recall how many weeks I was with my kiddos, but they are all older & my memory of it isnt great. I know it wasnt way early though...Lucky you!! Love the amp idea, how cool mama!!

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

#3 of 18 Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Oooh! I can't wait to feel. I don't remember when I did with my guys.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#4 of 18 Old 03-11-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

I'm excited for others to be able to feel it!! My 8 year old(the baby) likes to feel my belly and talk and sing to the baby and I know she'll just be thrilled when she can feel it kicking her.

I noticed your kids' ages...Mine are 15, 14 and 8. When the baby gets here they will be 16, almost 15 and I'm due 2 weeks before the youngest's 9th birthday. It all feels crazy sometimes!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#5 of 18 Old 03-11-2011, 09:28 PM

That is so cool that you're feeling your baby move already! During my pregnancy with DS, I started feeling him moving at 13 weeks. This was right after we had our first ultrasound and he was flipping around during the whole ultrasound. So I knew he was really mobile and it was so cool to start feeling it. But the next time I saw my OB, I told her that I was feeling the baby move (she asked) and she told me that it was probably just gas and then she marked on my chart that I was not feeling movement yet. irked.gif I can't wait to feel this baby move, but I'm only 7 weeks, so it'll probably be a little while yet. 

SAHM to DS (11/09) with a little girl coming in October stork-girl.gif familybed1.gif

#6 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

I hate when they won't believe you...with #3 I showed them exactly where I was feeling her and they did find her right there. We aren't stupid, I hate it being blamed on gas! Maybe since you felt the last one so early you will be lucky this time, also! It's so exciting :) I laid in the bed last night and almost cried feeling him/her wiggling. It's not all the time or anything but yesterday was a really active day for the wee one!

#7 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 05:05 AM

Same here! They told me I was feeling DS at 14 weeks but I knew I was! joy.gif Silly doctors!

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#8 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 05:18 AM

I really like the dr we saw a few weeks ago, except he made a comment like "you won't feeling any movement until at least 16 weeks. Anything before that is gas". What?!? That's bull. I told dh when we left that I agreed with everything he had said except that. Sorry, but he doesn't have a uterus, how the h*ll can he tell women what they are and aren't feeling if he's never experienced it?

Can't wait to feel this one squiggling around! Though I probably won't mention it to the dr until after 16 weeks just to avoid any arguments eyesroll.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#9 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 AM

I've felt something a couple times...I'm just over 10 weeks...I'm not positive it's not gas....but at least once I was thinking there was a good possibility it was lo, I won't tell anyone but you gals till I'm more sure tho... Happy swimming little ones....Jenny

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#10 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 11:10 AM

I was just going to post on this. Last pg I felt movement 10-11 wks, and my very senior OB totally believed me. In this pregnancy, I am now 7.5 weeks and can feel flutters, and have been since about 6 wks. Same spot, NOT gas! Any one else find this plausible?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#11 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 02:15 PM

That is exciting!!! I felt ds (#2) move around 12-13 weeks and I'm really hoping this one will be that early too. It still feels a little surreal that I'm actually pregnant (I mostly just feel like I have a perpetual hang over) so feeling the baby move will hopefully help that. I'm 10 weeks today so hopefully soon!

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

#12 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Baby 1 - 16 weeks

Baby 2 - 14 weeks

Baby 3 - 13 weeks

So I'm hoping another month or less and I'll feel this little monkey!

#13 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad there's others who felt it so early also! When I googled the subject I mostly got questions and answers where all the replies were telling the mom she was only feeling gas or her own pulse, it was all in her head, just condescending replies. I think it's totally possible to even feel it earlier but it be so faint we don't notice it or really do think it's just gas bubbles! My first was felt at 20 weeks, my second at 16 and my third at 10. I'm not telling many people that I've been feeling this one yet as I know most don't believe it.

Everyone else post when you do think you start feeling yours move, it's so exciting!! And it really helps make all the yuckiness/hangover feelings we've felt seem worth it :) This is REAL!!

#14 of 18 Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I'm 13 weeks and I've started feeling random little tickles - there's really no other good way to describe it. Like being tickled from the inside out! I only feel it when I'm very still, when I've been sitting or laying down for awhile. It's definitely a very different feeling from having gas, in my opinion. But I absolutely cannot wait until I start feeling strong, regular movement - all the easily identifiable kicks and jabs. :-) It's worth all the constant sickness, I think.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#15 of 18 Old 03-13-2011, 05:29 AM

I am 10 weeks and I KNOW I felt the baby the other day while laying in bed with DS. I had an anterior placenta with DS and really didn't feel movement until well into my pregnancy with him, so this is fun. I seem to remember it being called something; the little tickles, something like the quickening? Am I nuts, or has anyone heard it called this too?

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#16 of 18 Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 10 weeks now & can't say I feel movement exactly but when I lie still I am very aware of a heavy throbbiness in my uterus.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#17 of 18 Old 03-13-2011, 11:45 PM

I told my doctor I thought I felt my baby move, she said it was gas.  but if I sit still i can feel a weird fluttery tickle.  it makes me so excited! half the time i start crying.  I'm just so glad he/she is moving, it's reassuring.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#18 of 18 Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 AM

With my first I noticed movement at 13 weeks, for this LO I noticed it a few days ago around 10 weeks :).

Knitting mama to Crabby Patty and Lovebug .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page