Livid. A Rant - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How obnoxious!!!! To add to the anecdotes here, I had a lovely CNM assisted, unmedicated hospital birth with my first. I had a really awful, traumatic homebirth with a CNM with my second that I am still working through. So, ya know, she can put that in her pipe and smoke it.

#32 of 35 Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Banned

Honestly, I don't think it has a damn thing to do with HB or having a hospital birth.

Your "friend" is what is (gulp for even using this stupid word) known as a "frienemy"....You aren't really friends apparently, because she thinks she is in a competition to win mommy of the year award. HB vs. Hospital births are somewhat beside the point, which is how she acted and what she really meant by what she was saying...Ick ick ick. What a miserable woman, or at least at that moment she was, maybe she is still a nice lady...

Anyway I had a hospital birth and I had PPD, I don't really think it had anything to do with being in the hospital, i had a MW and had an unmedicated/intervention free birth. It was just the way I was afterward. My hormones couldn't settle down for a long time and I didn't feel like "me" for a long time.

Sorry you even had to deal with that crapola, so not fair to you!

#33 of 35 Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM

Just lurking here (2x October mama :)

Had to throw in my two cents. When I was pregnant with my daughter I wanted so bad to have a home birth. However several months into the pregnancy my placenta was not cooperating and I remained with a very low lying placenta until delivery and the safest option was the hospital. I believe everything happens for a reason. My hopes for a home birth were dashed and I was sad about it but when it came time to deliver I was met with the most wonderful nurse in the world. I had just lost my mom prior to getting pregnant with my daughter. My mother was just 47 when she died and I cannot even describe the shock and pain I endured from losing my mom. While in labor all I could think of was "I wish my mom was here" and this nurse came in and we started talking. Turns out she too had lost her mom recently. She remained with me throughout her entire shift and then stayed afterwards! We talked well into the night and instead of focusing on my mom not being there, I felt I had been sent an angel to help me along with my first ever birth. Never had I forged such a strong bond with an absolute stranger in such a short time. It felt like I'd known her forever. She was so loving, caring and we talked for hours. I'm tearing up now thinking about it. The Lord does work in mysterious ways and I'm convinced that this woman, a complete stranger that I bonded with so strongly that night, was heaven-sent and that she was meant to help me through it as my own mother would have. I did not feel like I missed out afterwards, my hospital birthing experience with my daughter is one of the most beautiful memories I have.

#34 of 35 Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

Honestly, I don't think it has a damn thing to do with HB or having a hospital birth.

Your "friend" is what is (gulp for even using this stupid word) known as a "frienemy"....You aren't really friends apparently, because she thinks she is in a competition to win mommy of the year award. HB vs. Hospital births are somewhat beside the point, which is how she acted and what she really meant by what she was saying

And if she is starting the competition before your baby is even born, just think how she might be when she can give you her "opinions" on your parenting.

#35 of 35 Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM

I had a not great hospital experience with my first (induction at 41+6 weeks, ended up as a c-section for a multitude of "reasons) and had no PPD what so ever.

While I would really love to have a homebirth, finding a midwife to attend a VBAC in my area is pretty darn impossible, and I am not quite ready to go UC. (now, should baby becoming super fast and easy, can't say I'd be in a rush to go to the hospital either . . .) so I will be having a hospital birth with this baby as well. Your "friend" doesn't seem very friendly or helpful. you were very right to hang up on her.

OTOH I wish I knew some really crunchy people IRL! I have the polor opposite. When I told DH's aunt I was seeing a midwife group for my first pregnancy, she said "you aren't having the baby at home are you?" I said no, the plan was to birth at X hospital. her reply, "I'm so relieved!"

Oh, and sushi - if you want it, eat it! I take the opinion of one of the PP midwives/OB's - Japanese women don't cut back, so why should I? I do tend to consume more of the cooked things, and less tuna, but really the amount of fish you really consume when eating sushi is pretty minimal.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page