Its time for a TMI thread....weak stomachs need not read lol. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 259 Old 10-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why do I know about the poo stick?  I have NO idea.  I wish I didn't lol.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#122 of 259 Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 PM

Katico- I saw your post on the top of the page and had to hurry back to page six. wasn't quite sure if I wanted to know about the poo stick (or stick of poo as I read it) lol.gif

glad I am not the only one that wouldn't drain for pee. bag.gif

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#123 of 259 Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 PM

well, the midwife recommended that I not put garlic in my girlie bits unless I use string or something...

well tonight I cut the clove in half and dipped it in acidophilus powder put it right up there with an acidphilus capsule chaser!

MW said canesten is okay but I am afraid of going into labour with that stuff in my vajayjay

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#124 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 AM

Well, we've reached a new level of indignity around here.  My SPD is getting worse and my bladder is getting more squished.....so TWICE last night, it took me so long to get my legs to work enough to get to the bathroom that I started peeing before I could get there.

All glamour all the time.

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#125 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 AM

haha DH and I had a good laugh over the poo stick, thanks for the link! Actually the comments are as good as the commercial itself. Then I laughed so much it totally made me have to poo. (but my apartment is so darn small, no problem making it there in time). This morning he mentioned it as a joke at the breakfast table (NICE!) so we had to explain it to our son (EVEN NICER!) and then our son mentioned that it sounded like a good idea to him, he has a hard time reaching around sometimes.

So I told DH about this TMI thread and wow! Very good for him to know its not just me.

We unpacked the birth pool the other day and I commented, "there's the poop net" to DD when she picked it up, and DH was looking askance at it and said, "really, mom isn't joking". Luckily since DD is 2, she doesn't even think that is gross :)

dissertating mom to three

#126 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Well, after almost a two week hiatus my husband and I finally felt up to doing the dirty last night.

I have been telling him I want to do it for semen purposes but I just dont feel into it because its so uncomfy...he was so nervous about hurting me and the entire time I was like "DONT STOP, JUST FINISH!!"

Then, half way through I could not take it on my back anymore so I flipped over....Im fairly certain he was humping babies head....and the funny/not so funny part was that he was all "It feels good like this..somethings different" and I did not have the heart to tell him until afterwards that it was because Jasper is so low and engaged that he was feeling his head.

Lols, he was so mortified...I dont think I will be getting any anymore :(

#127 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 08:54 AM

ROTFLMAO.gif  I am blushing to admit that this has happened to me. What a terrible feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Well, we've reached a new level of indignity around here.  My SPD is getting worse and my bladder is getting more squished.....so TWICE last night, it took me so long to get my legs to work enough to get to the bathroom that I started peeing before I could get there.

SAHM to Abraham (9) Gillian (5) Adrienne (3) and baby boy coming in October! 

Always missing our Gianna, lost during fullterm labor (8/23/04)
Sticking together through the good and the bad with dh of 10 yrs!

#128 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Oh my. DH would flip out. He was panicked about that when I was like three months along. I didn't even look pregnant yet and he was all worried about hurting the baby!

Now that I've informed him of the semen benefits, he keeps saying afterwards "you should just stay laying there" or "maybe put your legs in the air so it really gets in there". Good heavens. He wants this baby out so bad. It just gets weird sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyMom View Post

Well, after almost a two week hiatus my husband and I finally felt up to doing the dirty last night.

I have been telling him I want to do it for semen purposes but I just dont feel into it because its so uncomfy...he was so nervous about hurting me and the entire time I was like "DONT STOP, JUST FINISH!!"

Then, half way through I could not take it on my back anymore so I flipped over....Im fairly certain he was humping babies head....and the funny/not so funny part was that he was all "It feels good like this..somethings different" and I did not have the heart to tell him until afterwards that it was because Jasper is so low and engaged that he was feeling his head.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#129 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinket90 View Post

Oh my. DH would flip out. He was panicked about that when I was like three months along. I didn't even look pregnant yet and he was all worried about hurting the baby!

Now that I've informed him of the semen benefits, he keeps saying afterwards "you should just stay laying there" or "maybe put your legs in the air so it really gets in there". Good heavens. He wants this baby out so bad. It just gets weird sometimes. 

Lol!

I actually attempted to do the "legs in air" position afterwards but my back was too far gone :(

I joked with him this morning that baby is going to have a penis shaped soft spot....I thought he was going to cry!!

So funny.

On a cute, but unrelated note, I discovered today that he changed one of his passwords on the computer to "Jasper2011"...SO FREAKING ADORABLE!!!

If not completely non-secure...lol.

saoirse2007 likes this.
#130 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Well it's a lot less secure now that you've posted it online!!

But very sweet.

My hubby and I have been trying to make sex work, but it's the angle that has us beat!  Every position we try works for like one minute and then we have to shift - either my hip hurts, or his back hurts, or too much pressure on his knees, or I get heartburn - basically, we're too old and broken to have pregnancy sex.  So sad!

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

#131 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 02:22 PM

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in all of these TMI's!!! lol Seriously, I can relate to just about all of this stuff. 

Sex has still been happening, but only in the same one position for the last 4 months. lol. I would say on average we have sex twice a week, and that's probably because we only see each other 2-3 times a week. Last week at my midwife appointment she told him that we should be having lots of sex.....and he seems to be taking it very seriously...ROTFLMAO.gifwhich is fine with me. Anything that will help this baby come out I am open to. 

As far as shaving goes.....there hasn't been too much of it lately. I can't see the girly parts to see what is going on there, but I can only imagine. I'm a little embarrassed about how it is going to look during labor/delivery, but I guess that my midwife and nurses have seen it all and won't care. My legs have only been getting shaved up to my knee's, so that I can still wear my capri leggings. Good times. 

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

#132 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 02:42 PM

About sex, since we're going there, what works best for DH and me atm is a side-lying spooning type position.  Baby is still pretty high up, and I don't think DH can feel any difference.  Now that I'm full term we're trying to do it more often.  I really want to avoid an induction!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#133 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

About sex, since we're going there, what works best for DH and me atm is a side-lying spooning type position.  Baby is still pretty high up, and I don't think DH can feel any difference.  Now that I'm full term we're trying to do it more often.  I really want to avoid an induction!

This is all that works for us too!  I can manage the other positions but I always pay for it later with a really sore back/hips

#134 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

haha DH and I had a good laugh over the poo stick, thanks for the link! Actually the comments are as good as the commercial itself. Then I laughed so much it totally made me have to poo. (but my apartment is so darn small, no problem making it there in time). This morning he mentioned it as a joke at the breakfast table (NICE!) so we had to explain it to our son (EVEN NICER!) and then our son mentioned that it sounded like a good idea to him, he has a hard time reaching around sometimes.

So I told DH about this TMI thread and wow! Very good for him to know its not just me.

We unpacked the birth pool the other day and I commented, "there's the poop net" to DD when she picked it up, and DH was looking askance at it and said, "really, mom isn't joking". Luckily since DD is 2, she doesn't even think that is gross :)

Quote:

Now this is why I read this thread....you guys rock!!!

I always smile when I read this threadorngbiggrin.gif

AFM: I am feeling pretty proud of myself! this morning I was able to not only find the garlic, but retrieve it!!!! felt like humming hte theme to ROCKY!!!!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#135 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 04:16 PM

You know you're a real woman when you find AND retrieve the vaginal garlic!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#136 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM

The only position that works for us is doggy style.....ROTFLMAO.gif

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

#137 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:

I woke up peeing on my knee pillow. peace.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Lol!

I actually attempted to do the "legs in air" position afterwards but my back was too far gone :(

I joked with him this morning that baby is going to have a penis shaped soft spot....I thought he was going to cry!!

I am laughing so hard I'm going to pee on my knee pillow while awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeclipse View Post

As far as shaving goes.....there hasn't been too much of it lately. I can't see the girly parts to see what is going on there, but I can only imagine. I'm a little embarrassed about how it is going to look during labor/delivery, but I guess that my midwife and nurses have seen it all and won't care.

Hey, if I shaved, it would be like a crotch varicose vein display case chart1new.gif

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#138 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

We have tried that but uh...hubby is has a big belly and not so big...wee wee...does not always work out so well :(

I want to avoid an induction so bad too, my 40 week appointment is tomorrow and Im hoping things have progressed internally.

#139 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:

We have tried that but uh...hubby is has a big belly and not so big...wee wee...does not always work out so well :(

I want to avoid an induction so bad too, my 40 week appointment is tomorrow and Im hoping things have progressed internally.

Dude, between this and his soft-hearted password, you're really outing him today, aren't you?!  ROTFLMAO.gif

Rosemary:   I totally feel better now thanks.gif

#140 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Dude, between this and his soft-hearted password, you're really outing him today, aren't you?!  ROTFLMAO.gif

Rosemary:   I totally feel better now thanks.gif

Eh, he jokes about it a lot too so I dont feel too bad lol!

#141 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM

twins.gif best thread ever.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#142 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Husband goes "OMG DID YOU JUST SHIT IN THE BATHTUB!?? WHY WOULD YOU DOOOOO THAT!!??"

I laughed so hard I peed. ROTFLMAO.gif

So much amusement in this thread.  The comfort wipe commercial also cracks me up.  The difficulty of wiping was not something that I was prepared for going into pregnancy for the first time!

#143 of 259 Old 10-06-2011, 09:35 PM

I don't really have trouble reaching to wipe (long arms!), but between numb fingers and having.. uh.. loose stools every time I sit on the toilet some days and overall pregnancy juiciness, I just get tired and sore from all the wiping.  I take a LOT of showers.  They're great for back pain, anyway.  

#144 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

I have more issues wiping for number 1's because of my SPD and big belly...butt is not so hard/painful to reach.

#145 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM

What I find personally amusing is that I used to push the gross parts of pregnancy to the back of my mind, trying to focus on the positive, blah blah blah.  NOW, I find myself searching my brain for what gross things happened yesterday so that I have something to post - almost excited when something particularly nasty crops up!  What is WRONG with me!??!  nut.gif

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

#146 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Lol, Im just happy to have found some like-minded people on here!!

As I said when I started this thread, my husband and I have a warped sense of humor so I was pretty afraid this thread would die young and I would be labeled a weirdo (is that so bad?)....glad to see that has not happened!

In other news, last night on the toilet I thought I was done, wiped up and flushed and then Jasper moved and I pooped involuntarily...YAY!

#147 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 06:25 AM

I wish I would poop involuntarily. Well, not really, but pooping is always so hard for me. irked.gif

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#148 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybelly View Post

What I find personally amusing is that I used to push the gross parts of pregnancy to the back of my mind, trying to focus on the positive, blah blah blah.  NOW, I find myself searching my brain for what gross things happened yesterday so that I have something to post - almost excited when something particularly nasty crops up!  What is WRONG with me!??!  nut.gif

bouncy.gifyeahthat.gif

This thread is the best!

#149 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 11:13 AM

lol! my DH would not find the idea of this thread so amusing if he thought I was posting any TMI about *him*

luckily since I am so blond, the whole hair issue is not so bad. I mean, its there (hairy knees?!?) but I just don't get much, and its basically the same color as my skin. I did a scissor trim (blind) a couple weeks ago on the girlie parts, afraid I wouldn't even be able to manage that for much longer so I know its not all out of control. I am sure the MWs have seen worse... totally sure of it. They don't care.

I totally have to shower to get properly clean butt sometimes. I have decided to stop the iron supps until birth b/c I am so afraid of gross sticky iron-infused poop in the birth pool. And all over me and the baby. ew.

I am so sore and uncomfortable by the end of the day, we aren't having much sex. I can barely tolerate being touched. I get very painful random contractions when I am tired and my hips and back hurt so much I can barely walk sometimes. So... I count it good to get maybe 1-2x per week... blah. After my conference next week, if I am still preggers, we'll make and effort. That will be almost 39 weeks. Side-lying has worked. Other things work too but it has to be quick or I am way too uncomfortable. We moved the 2yo out of our bed but so far the main benefit is just letting me stretch out more.

dissertating mom to three

#150 of 259 Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 PM

So after being at the OB office today for a check-up I have one to add to this thread.

Yes, please hand me a cup the size of a shot glass and send me in to leave a urine sample. Are you aware that I can no longer SEE what is happening in the nether parts? I bravely bent over, poised over the potty like some giant aquatic animal out of water, stuck the cup down in the general vacinity and let loose. The good news? I managed to fill the cup! The other good news - there was foaming antibacterial soap for my hands when I was done. Sheesh. What was it you said, Katico - 'All glamour, all the time'?

And for the first time in ages last night, dh and I DTD. I am very glad I do not have the session recorded, although it would make for GREAT side-busting laughs someday I'm quite sure. I have gotten positively hubungo this time (I am only about 5'2", and I have polyhydramnios. My last fundal height measurement was 48. Yeah.) So anyway, hubby gets all romantic and thinks a little lovemaking would be in order. Talk about a logistical nightmare. Finally, after lots of completely ungraceful maneuvering and failed attempts, we got the job done, but lord it wasn't pretty.

I am so excited for baby and all the pain/suffering has been totally worth it for the end result, but can I just say, "I WANT MY BODY BACK NOW, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SAHM to Abraham (9) Gillian (5) Adrienne (3) and baby boy coming in October! 

Always missing our Gianna, lost during fullterm labor (8/23/04)
Sticking together through the good and the bad with dh of 10 yrs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page