Its time for a TMI thread....weak stomachs need not read lol. - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 259 Old 10-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh my goodness I have not read this thread in quite some time & I am freakin' laughing my ass off!!!

Right after dd was born the ob had to fly to another delivery & couldn't stitch me immediately so until he could come back I stayed in bed just bleeding away on this special bed pad they had (I swear it looked like a blood bath when I finally got up) & every few minutes a nurse would come in to check my bleeding - so odd.

I went from 9 months of constipation to incredible bowel flow - I swear my digestive system system has sped up exponentially. The strangest part is that I can actually feel it moving through my bowels.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#182 of 259 Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Golly. Postpartum brings SO much more material for this thread.

I got 4 stitches from a decent tear. HOLY FREAKING CRAP they hurt. And the peri squeeze bottle just stings like hell. So far the best method I've found to soothe the pain of trying to pee is a wet, warm paper towel applied immediately afterwards. Ugh. Sucks. It's such a production, too. Takes forever just to pee. And goodbye constipation. It's unbelievable how quick that happened. Within 24 hours I've gone from practically nothing to wayyyy overactive in the bowel department. That doesn't help with the stitches either.

And this isn't a personal TMI... but you should have seen the look on DH's face when Eli had his first poo. It had been a long time coming (3 days after birth) so it wasn't straight meconium--I was relieved by how easy it was to clean. But it was HUGE and DH has never seen a poopy diaper. Then partway through cleanup Eli started peeing on me, which I don't mind, it's happened before. Just as DH was recovering from THAT Eli decided he wasn't done pooping and squirted out some more. And then peed again. DH was holding onto the bookshelf to stay upright. The man does NOT do well with bodily fluids. I don't think he'll ever change a poo diaper.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#183 of 259 Old 10-23-2011, 12:06 PM

Do you know the toilet paper tube trick?
You hold a cardboard tube up to your urethra to steer the pee away from a perineal tube.
If you don't have toilet paper tube, undo a wrapping paper and cut the tube in segments.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#184 of 259 Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 PM

Hello, I've got one!

Last night me and baby were awake more or less from midnight to 5 AM doing a fuss 'n feed.  At some point I got the fussy baby attached to my breast, and then got a strong intestinal cramp.  DH was asleep and my sleep-deprived 3 AM brain thought, well, if I put the baby down next to him and run to the bathroom, she'll start wailing and he'll wake up and that's not nice for DH... so, I took her with me and rushed to the pot.  A minute later, there I am, sitting on the toilet, basically covered in shit, still holding a baby.  What was I thinking?  

I called out to DH, who woke up and came to the bathroom to rescue me.  shake.gif  Real glamour moment there in my life.

bcblondie likes this.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#185 of 259 Old 10-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

Hello, I've got one!

Last night me and baby were awake more or less from midnight to 5 AM doing a fuss 'n feed.  At some point I got the fussy baby attached to my breast, and then got a strong intestinal cramp.  DH was asleep and my sleep-deprived 3 AM brain thought, well, if I put the baby down next to him and run to the bathroom, she'll start wailing and he'll wake up and that's not nice for DH... so, I took her with me and rushed to the pot.  A minute later, there I am, sitting on the toilet, basically covered in shit, still holding a baby.  What was I thinking?  

I called out to DH, who woke up and came to the bathroom to rescue me.  shake.gif  Real glamour moment there in my life.

Oh my! I had a very similar issue this morning. Weird. I ended up putting the baby in a bouncy that we hadn't used yet. He was alright.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#186 of 259 Old 10-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Hello, I've got one!

Oh my! I had a very similar issue this morning. Weird. I ended up putting the baby in a bouncy that we hadn't used yet. He was alright.

signcirc1.gif

#187 of 259 Old 10-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Hello, I've got one!

Ahhh, married life is so romantic and glamorous, isn't it?  twins.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#188 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

So Im two week, 3 days out from my c-section and last night we attempt some real sex ( we had been surviving on hand jobs and one hell of a vibrator)....SERIOUSLY!!!???

I had a flipping c-section, no labor or anything vaginal...WHY DOES MY COOTER FEEL LIKE THE LAND OF KNIVES AND STABBY THINGS!!???

Could it be from where I had my membranes sweeped?

I only ever dialated to 2 centimeters...

Poor husband barely got two thrusts in before I had to call it quits...he is being so patient...

Also, he is convinced...CONVINCED...that making ice cream from  my booby juice is a great idea...yeeeaaaah...gross.

bcblondie likes this.
#189 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

every few minutes a nurse would come in to check my bleeding - so odd.

Eh, thats nothing!

I had a c-section so I was numb for about 12-18 hrs after the surgery....so the (super awesome,amazing) nurse had to keep coming in and wiping me down...back and front...oh god the horrors.

Also, they shaved me...THEY SHAVED ME POONANNER!!!

Mortified forever.

#190 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinket90 View Post

I got 4 stitches from a decent tear. HOLY FREAKING CRAP they hurt. And the peri squeeze bottle just stings like hell. So far the best method I've found to soothe the pain of trying to pee is a wet, warm paper towel applied immediately afterwards. Ugh. Sucks. It's such a production, too. Takes forever just to pee.

What is in your peri bottle? With my second I had no stitches but several minor tears that were not stitched. I used an herbal preparation in my peri bottle that was cooked up for me and then I used half that, and half warm water. (maybe you could get a family member to make it for you?) It felt really good actually, When it ran out, I used warm water with a little squirt of hydrogen peroxide. My healing was so much faster. I second Jane's idea of steering pee away from stitches. With my first I had stitches but they were in the front, and I was able to lead my pelvis forward enough to keep them out of the stream. It hurt like heck though until they healed some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyMom View Post

Also, he is convinced...CONVINCED...that making ice cream from  my booby juice is a great idea...yeeeaaaah...gross.

Did he hear about this place? http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/02/25/134056923/breast-milk-ice-cream-a-hit-at-london-store

There is a woman in NYC doing an art project making breastmilk cheese.

Heck if your freezer is full anyway, why not let him. Its probably healthier than normal ice cream anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyMom View Post

Also, they shaved me...THEY SHAVED ME POONANNER!!!

Mortified forever.

Yikes?!? Why? I mean, what are they doing down there if you have a c/s anyway?

I love this thread.

Nothing extra gross lately. Hemarhoids are getting worse. Despite nursing my 2yo I am getting leaky colostrum boobs. Frequently pee myself a tiny bit. The usual.

DH said, "do we have anything protecting our mattress for if you pee all over it when you go into labor, or whatever that is?" I was like, do you mean if my water breaks before labor starts? And he was like, "yeah, that" NICE. Baby #3 and he is still confused between pee and amniotic fluid? To be fair, my water broke right before giving birth both times so it was at a time when so much stuff was shooting out of me (and all over him, especially the first time, I guess it kind of flooded his who pant leg, and we didn't have extra clothes along for him!), that how was he to know what was what.

dissertating mom to three

#191 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Dragonflymom, that sounds so weird! I have no idea why you would be in pain there--so sorry!

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#192 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 02:36 PM

dragonfly - omg - you make me laugh!!! Try some lube. Bfing dries us out - lube helps a lot. And yeah, the nurse asked the ob if she needed to shave me when he was going to stitch me up - before my shocked self could reply he waved her away - thank goodness!!!

trinket - I didn't have a peri bottle with ds (they didn't have them available at all) & I just did a LOT of baths. I was in the bath at least 3 times a day but it was so soothing. This time I tried the peri bottle but I couldn't get the hang of squirting it right - I always seemed to miss & it was just aggravating so I gave up & went back to multiple baths every day.

Ok - I know it's still early but seriously something is not right with how my perineum is healing. There is a giant ridge down the length of it that was NOT there before. Doesn't hurt at all but feels & looks weird as hell. I'm somewhat obsessed with it - think of it at the weirdest times & worry. I am not looking forward to the exam & conversation at my 6 week pp check - so awkward.

#193 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 02:47 PM

I had forgotten about how dry bf makes you. Oh, and I had NO sex drive for the first 2 YEARS of bf.

#194 of 259 Old 10-24-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

Yikes?!? Why? I mean, what are they doing down there if you have a c/s anyway?

To get hair out of the way of the incision I guess, its really nice and low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Dragonflymom, that sounds so weird! I have no idea why you would be in pain there--so sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

dragonfly - omg - you make me laugh!!! Try some lube. Bfing dries us out - lube helps a lot. And yeah, the nurse asked the ob if she needed to shave me when he was going to stitch me up - before my shocked self could reply he waved her away - thank goodness!!!

I have been having AWFUL leg cramps....never thought about it being from dehydration due to BF...also yeah..my vajayjay is totally a desert...breaking out the lube next time but it really felt more like cervical pain.

#195 of 259 Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM

nak - I have to bring this thread back. 

How come I heard about all the crazy things that happen to your body during pregnancy... but people left out all the weird postpartum stuff? I heard a few things, like hair falling out or breakouts. But this is ridiculous. I'm breaking out, but also have scaly dry patches on my arms, and my lips are super chapped. The change of seasons doesn't help but my skin is going nuts! Even worse... body odor. This is just embarrassing. Normally I can shower and put on deodorant in the morning, and I'm good till the next morning's shower. Now, I put on my deodorant and by the time I go to bed I stink. Like BAD. What's up with that? I'm hoping it's just my body cleaning itself out and it'll go away. But yuck!

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#196 of 259 Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 PM

Postpartum grossness > pregnancy grossness (sorry, it's the math teacher in me)

I've been offline for about a week (screaming baby means that at least one hand is always busy holding/nursing/making obscene gestures behind dh's back), but I keep a mental list of things to add to this thread.  Because seriously, nothing could have ever prepared me for postpartum body betrayal

I had explosive diarrhea for all of my pregnancy, but now that I have hemorrhoids for the first time ever, I am completely constipated and basically crap out rocks every morning.  But just because I am constipated doesn't mean that I don't have to run to the bath room - oh no, the urgency is still there, and I have crapped while holding the baby (have I mentioned that she WON'T LET ME PUT HER THE EFF DOWN?!).  Multiple times.  And not enough that I am bleeding out of my twat, now I am bleeding out of my ass as well.  I understand that is normal for hemorrhoids, but just because it's normal doesn't mean it's not WRONG.

The whole area where dd actually came out of is fine, even the stitches, but that doesn't stop my clit from feeling like a knife is sticking in it - why is that fair?!??!  Oh yes, and then comes the yeast infection from hell, which I am prone to and now that I am bleeding constantly (I was so psyched to avoid 9 whole menstrual cycles, blissfully unaware that all 9 would come one after another as soon as dd was out) I am cherry red and SO irritated and then there is the SMELL from the lochia!  WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?

But the piece de resistance?  The cherry on top?  Here it is...  I have zits on my labia.  Nasty-ass whiteheads that actually pop.  Lots of them.

Sex?  Not on the likely.  Not for a loooong time.

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

#197 of 259 Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 PM

izzybelly - thanks for your frankness - made me smile, but only 'cause I can totally relate. It does all seem a little unfair.

#198 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
~pi

Izzybelly, lol.gif

For what it's worth, a very bad smell to the lochia was on the list of reasons I was given to call my health care provider, as it can be a sign of infection. I was told that if it smells like a menstrual period, that's fine, but otherwise, call.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#199 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Izzybelly, I made the midwife check my clitoris because it hurt like..a mother.. (no pun intended) during and after delivery and she said it was okay, just scraped up. Doesn't feel ok though! Sorry about your booby zits.

#200 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 AM

Yeast infections up on the clit burn and hurt like a knife, just FYI. In the post partum period, it's often better to get the diflucan, because the suppositories are off limits usually.

#201 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 AM

My clit still feels off from my last delivery. I'm not sure what it is.. it has just felt.. weird since then.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#202 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Yeast infections up on the clit burn and hurt like a knife, just FYI. In the post partum period, it's often better to get the diflucan, because the suppositories are off limits usually.

but a scrape would just make it feel a little bit sore, right?

#203 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM

Well, a variety of sore, yes. It might be knifelike the first few times you pee, but yeah, just sore after that.

#204 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 04:03 PM

ok, well mine hasn't been at all knifelike. thanks for clearing it up.

#205 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 06:17 PM

I'm constantly aware of my boobs. Nursing all day and night, of course, doesn't help. They feel tingly itchy, normal, achy, full, heavy, leaky, etc... They just FEEL all day long. It's a bit exhausting. I also have a milk blister that will not go away. I'm looking forward to them getting used to nursing so I don't walk around feeling like my boobs are bigger than my head.

signcirc1.gif

#206 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 PM

My clit hurts too. It doesn't stab or burn... it aches. Feels like I pulled a clit muscle. But I'm pretty sure clits don't have muscles! blush.gif

DH wants to dtd... I've, ehem, taken care of him a few times since DS was born and I'm sexually/emotionally so ready... but physically I don't know if I can handle it. The stitches are gone and everything (except the aforementioned clit) feels fine most of the time. But when the area where the stitches were gets tugged or stretched it stills stabs. Doesn't bode well for sex. 

thinks is crazy!

#207 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM

I had to have phySical therapy after ds1 was born in order to have sex that wasn't painful. It worked wonders. It just hurt whenever we tried. My pt said that the vagina goes throgh more trauma giving birth than a linebacker getting sacked in a football game.

signcirc1.gif

#208 of 259 Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

I have not showered/bathed in a week....

I have not brushed my teeth in two days...

The other night my husband and I got "it" on with Jasper in the bassinet in the same room and I felt so guilty...

#209 of 259 Old 11-07-2011, 04:33 AM

I felt weird the first time we dtd with ds in the room, but we got used to it. Only when he was asleep.

#210 of 259 Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

I felt weird the first time we dtd with ds in the room, but we got used to it. Only when he was asleep.

Oh yeah, he was asleep...but I still felt....odd. lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page