Its time for a TMI thread....weak stomachs need not read lol. - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 259 Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Dragonflymom, I feel for you. So sorry.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 259 Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

I'm still bleeding though finally less. And my 2.5 yo now calls pads "blood diapers for mamas"

my 2 year old calls them - shin pads for mama's vulva ;)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#243 of 259 Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

my 2 year old calls them - shin pads for mama's vulva ;)

...oh my goodness. once when I was a lot younger and lived in a loft with multiple roommates (3 guys and 2 gals), a male friend of one of the roommates had slept over, and had scraped his shins in the night. He showed up at the breakfast table with a pantiliner taped to his leg. "I used one of these lightdays that I found in the bathroom because you don't have any bandaids" he told us... I always remember that he used the brand name to describe it, as if us girls didn't know what it was! anyway, that guy is a really successful painter now...

dissertating mom to three

#244 of 259 Old 11-14-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

So I pulled out too much frozen BM yesterday and was tossing a tube of the leftovers this morning when hubby goes "NO!! WAIT!!"

I have already come to terms with his addiction to drinking the stuff so I thought nothing of it and handed it over.....came back into the kitchen about 10 minutes later to find him shaking the damn thing in order to make butter...SERIOUSLY!!?

I shit you guys not, this morning the man had breastmilk butter on his freaking waffles....YUCK!

And yes, I know its somewhat hypocritical so be pro-breastfeeding/anti-cows milk and think this is gross...but it is!!

#245 of 259 Old 11-14-2011, 12:48 PM

ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyMom View Post

So I pulled out too much frozen BM yesterday and was tossing a tube of the leftovers this morning when hubby goes "NO!! WAIT!!"

I have already come to terms with his addiction to drinking the stuff so I thought nothing of it and handed it over.....came back into the kitchen about 10 minutes later to find him shaking the damn thing in order to make butter...SERIOUSLY!!?

I shit you guys not, this morning the man had breastmilk butter on his freaking waffles....YUCK!

And yes, I know its somewhat hypocritical so be pro-breastfeeding/anti-cows milk and think this is gross...but it is!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#246 of 259 Old 11-14-2011, 01:37 PM

dragonfly, your dh has gone round the bend!

#247 of 259 Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

dragonfly - that's funny. And, I'm with you, a little icked out by it. I haven't even tried my own (& I agree it's silly).

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#248 of 259 Old 11-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

I'm still bleeding though finally less. And my 2.5 yo now calls pads "blood diapers for mamas"

ROTFLMAO.gif

#249 of 259 Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 AM

yeahthat.gif

I laughed so hard at this, Emma!  I have been totally at a loss at how to explain my pads to my 2.5 yo.....I just keep telling her they keep my underwear clean....trying to avoid her picking up a phrase like "blood diapers"  biglaugh.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#250 of 259 Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 PM

"Blood diapers" is almost as gross as pads actually are. I hate pads. I hate them! And the "wings" have made a chafe mark that hurts!

#251 of 259 Old 11-16-2011, 01:18 PM

I actually don't mind pads that much (though wings NO WAY). But yeah, "blood diapers" was all my girl. Well, except I probably did refer to the pads as diapers... they are after all...

Anyway, she's a creative gal! (she called the doctor's office "the shot store" on Saturday).

#252 of 259 Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Ugh. I hate pads. But I absolutely can't deal with pads without wings. I had a pack of big old postpartum pads without wings and they were practically useless.

We live with my parents, and I guess my dad tends to be the one who empties the trash cans in the house. Apparently the second week after DS was born, my dad pulled my mom aside and asked her if I was okay. He said, "I just noticed that there are still a lot of pads in the trash, and I know she was really private about being in labor, and I just wanted to make sure she was okay and wasn't bleeding too much still." Of course, I was just fine, I just  hate having a dirty pad (who doesn't?). My mom told me about it, and I couldn't decide whether to be creeped out that my dad was paying that much attention to the contents of the bathroom trash, or touched that he was worried about me so much. I hated having my pads and my peri squeeze bottle and all of that sitting in the bathroom that everybody uses--my brothers and parents and all. Goodbye dignity. Ewwww.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#253 of 259 Old 11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
~pi

Ha, blood diapers! lol.gif My sister's feisty & smart 2.5 yo is potty training at the moment, and was delighted to "catch" her mom wearing a diaper. Of course, the question then is why not just explain the difference to the child? Apparently my experience in being open about these things scared my sister off. When DS1 started drawing people, they were all anatomically correct. So drawings of our family had Daddy with a penis, DS with a penis, and Maman with a bright red stream of blood coming from between her legs. It was super fun when those came home from kindergarten.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#254 of 259 Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

pi -  too funny! Bet those teachers were shocked.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#255 of 259 Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 AM

Pi, are you serious?!? I love that!

#256 of 259 Old 11-17-2011, 05:49 AM

ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Ha, blood diapers! lol.gif My sister's feisty & smart 2.5 yo is potty training at the moment, and was delighted to "catch" her mom wearing a diaper. Of course, the question then is why not just explain the difference to the child? Apparently my experience in being open about these things scared my sister off. When DS1 started drawing people, they were all anatomically correct. So drawings of our family had Daddy with a penis, DS with a penis, and Maman with a bright red stream of blood coming from between her legs. It was super fun when those came home from kindergarten.

#257 of 259 Old 11-17-2011, 07:32 AM

~pi that is hilarious! And good for your DS for being so accurate ;)

My mom is a teacher, as well as my old roommate/best friend (and many other friends too). Anyway talk about TMI. Teachers, especially of young kid, hear all sorts of private details about the families of their students! I warned my son's teachers that he would be at the birth, and that I was not sure how much he would want to share. Apparently he really didn't talk about it at all (perhaps to their relief). He is in 1st grade and they are actually studying human anatomy in class... so on the other hand, there is still plenty of time for him to unload a whole lot of info on his classmates!

#258 of 259 Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Well, 10.5 weeks postpartum, and I just started my first period. While I'm glad to see that I haven't returned to annovulatory hell, going to the bathroom is like a scene from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I am hoping this is a one time occurrence and not what a regular monthly expectation.

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#259 of 259 Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy May View Post 

I've been reading this entire thread, but never had anything really to post.  Now, I still don't have anything good to say, but that is not going to stop me.  I'm totally one of those mamas who kisses her baby's face- on the mouth even.  DH thinks it is gross, but last night, he was leaning over her and nuzzling her with his nose, and she started sucking on it.  I nearly peed myself laughing (which unfortunately doesn't take much).  I thought it was super cute though, but talk about nipple confusion.

IMAG0228.jpg

I know this is from a while ago, but I've been off in babyslave land so I'm just catching up now...   Amy this is so so sweet.  My baby does that too - we sleep face to face a lot of the time and I'll nuzzle her and she'll put her mouth on my nose.  AND, the other day I caught my girl trying to latch on the dog's nose.  Classy!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page