Bad cravings... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, no! Where does that leave me? smile.gif

Maybe I should try straws from a different fast food establishment. It could have been a bad batch of McDonald's straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Correction: It is not the diet coke, it's the straw I was drinking out of, which I was keeping the cupboard with my iron pills. I am both pleased and dismayed again, but for the opposite reason.

#62 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 11:11 AM

I've had greasy diner-style grilled cheese with tons of sliced dill pickles two days this week. And I had a regular coke. I never eat like this, but those were the most satisfying things I ate all week! Way better than brown rice, steamed veggies and tofu!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#63 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 AM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

I wish the same thing applied to my beer craving.

biglaugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear abbey View Post

Oh, no! Where does that leave me? smile.gif

Maybe I should try straws from a different fast food establishment. It could have been a bad batch of McDonald's straws.

Sorry! lol.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#64 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM

I made grilled cheese two nights in a row.  With butter and cheddar.  They were absolutely the tastiest things ever.  The bread had 15 grams of protein alone, so I can hardly feel guilty about that!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#65 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy May View Post

I made grilled cheese two nights in a row.  With butter and cheddar.  They were absolutely the tastiest things ever.  The bread had 15 grams of protein alone, so I can hardly feel guilty about that!

YESSSSSSSSSS yes please.

This thread is D E L I C I O U S.

The other night I thought I just really needed a chocolate chip cookie and an apple for dinner, so DH went out to a store and got me cookies!  What a guy!!  I was right though, that WAS what I needed.  What a satisfying meal.  I kinda love these cravings, because I feel so good when they're fulfilled.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#66 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Hooray for hubbies and partners who do the trips to the store at the last minute to make us happy!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#67 of 82 Old 04-15-2011, 06:20 PM

I got my blooming onion!  Only was able to eat 1/4 of it, but man, what a 1/4!  

And MAYBE I can manage to reheat it to ediblity in the oven.  :-D

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#68 of 82 Old 04-17-2011, 09:22 PM

Mmmm.  Bad cravings.

I've managed to hold off on my bad cravings so far, but it hasn't been easy.  And I have some good (or at least okay cravings) that I can fulfill with no guilt (or just a little) to make it easier.

I have been wanting salami (the hard kind, like pepper salami or gypsy salami) for weeks now.  Weeks.  But it's really high in nitrates AND gross if it's heated up, so I won't eat it.  Sure sounds good though.  And it seems like everything reminds me of salami, which is a little unusual.

And Nacho flavored chips.  Sigh.  I really like these all the time, but it's usually pretty easy to resist - I only indulge when I'm driving a long distance, and that's my reward for the long drive.  But now I have to make a point of avoiding that aisle in the grocery store.  It's surprisingly difficult to avoid, since it's at the far end of the store, and contains ONLY chips and pop, neither of which I should get.

Also, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.  I bought about 4 other kinds of cereal (Muslix, Great Grains, and other slightly-less-candy-like cereals) instead, but it was hard.

Fortunately, I have been having acceptable cravings too, for tortellini with home-made white sauce (with parmesan), green olives (which are not great, but probably better than chips, because I can only eat about 10 of them before I can't stand any more salt), fruit juices, and omelette (with lots of veggies and cheese).  And a few that would be okay, but I never get around to making them, and that's okay too - like rhubarb apple crisp with chocolate ice cream.  I might still make this one, but I never remember to get the rhubarb out of the deep freeze (which is outside in an unlit shed), so probably no time soon.  I don't put in much sugar, and I can only put a little bit of ice cream on (the cold hurts my teeth), so that would be okay for me, and delish.  I might have to get that rhubarb out tomorrow, this still sounds tasty as can be.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#69 of 82 Old 09-27-2011, 03:30 PM

Ok, I just dont understand how a thread about cravings can die off in a pregnancy forum for gosh sakes!!

I just consumed a half gallon of chocolate milk...and Im GD...and my monitor battery is dead...

Oh well, only two more weeks at the most (If I go to 42 weeks), surely I cannot kill my kid of in that span of time with too much chocolate.........right..?

#70 of 82 Old 09-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Yeah, how'd that happen?!  lol.gif

My cravings have been thankfully healthy for the second half of this pregnancy.  The first two trimesters were all about sour gummy candy and sugar.  The last trimester, it has been toasted tomato sandwiches and iced herbal tea/water.  Cannot drink enough.  And ice!  

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#71 of 82 Old 09-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Yeah, how'd that happen?!  lol.gif

My cravings have been thankfully healthy for the second half of this pregnancy.  The first two trimesters were all about sour gummy candy and sugar.  The last trimester, it has been toasted tomato sandwiches and iced herbal tea/water.  Cannot drink enough.  And ice!  

Mine has been the opposite, first two trimesters all I wanted was celery and spicy ranch dip and tomatoes slices with pepper and salt and v8 juice.

Dinner tonight was 5 pieces of Whitman Samplers and the chocolate milk...

Lunch was healthy though, sushi!!

#72 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Yes, ICE! mm. I can't get enough ice water. Not that that's bad.

Let's see.. I have been eating way too many dark chocolate covered frozen bananas. And cupcakes. And cookies. And salt and vinegar chips. And fries... oh man. I don't know how I haven't gained more weight this pregnancy. It's all luck, me thinks.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#73 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 02:05 PM

sweets!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#74 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Carbs!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#75 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 04:40 PM

I completely lost my appetite in the third trimester... which in theory might have made me eat better but it has only made me eat worse.  Because I'm not feeling physical hunger I am only craving things that "look good" or are sweet.  So I've been eating a lot of oatmeal cookies!!  Since my appetite is so bad I've hardly gained anything this trimester, I now wish I hadn't been so stringent early on in this pregnancy when I actually wanted to eat.  But baby is measuring big despite all that, oatmeal cookies are powerful stuff!

#76 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 PM

Whats funny is that I gained all my weight (20 pounds) in the first two trimesters and in this last trimester I have been bouncing between losing a pound and gaining one.

Baby is measuring on the small side of normal which makes me happy as I have GD so I fear for a big baby.....

#77 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 PM

chocolate. and sweets. I too have GD and eat a very carb-controlled diet. and OMG. I am wanting sweets really badly. I don't keep them around b/c otherwise I can't stop myself. Last night I actually mixed raw cacao powder, butter, coconut oil, xylitol, stevia and vanilla together and ate it. (this was the best I could do with what we have in the house) It was.... sort of... good. Today I ate two of the kids chewable vitamins after lunch... ah!!

dissertating mom to three

#78 of 82 Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 PM

oh and I get excited to eat DD's toast crusts (since I can't eat bread). Like I am avidly watching her plate for crusts...

dissertating mom to three

#79 of 82 Old 09-29-2011, 04:35 AM

brownie in a cup

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#80 of 82 Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 AM

faint.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

brownie in a cup

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#81 of 82 Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 AM

Cashews and M&Ms...

And french's fried onions (you know..the green bean casserole topping)

Not together. 

But it close succession.  Because one usually triggers me wanting the other.  

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#82 of 82 Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

chocolate. and sweets. I too have GD and eat a very carb-controlled diet. and OMG. I am wanting sweets really badly. I don't keep them around b/c otherwise I can't stop myself. Last night I actually mixed raw cacao powder, butter, coconut oil, xylitol, stevia and vanilla together and ate it. (this was the best I could do with what we have in the house) It was.... sort of... good. Today I ate two of the kids chewable vitamins after lunch... ah!!

Im lucky in that it does not seem to matter what I eat, my numbers are normal/low...seriously, after pigging out on almost a half gallon of chocolate milk and some whitmans my sugars were 110 after an hour and a half...woot woot.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page