Jeans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Has anyone ever tried on or bought designer maternity jeans (those really expensive ones)? I am just wondering if people have been happy with them. I'm considering a splurge, probably on ebay. I wear good jeans "in real life" and mine right now are low so they still fit, but I'd like to have something to see me through spring and fall. Obviously, I won't need any for summer. If you have, what did you like?

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 03-30-2011, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not designer, but I just bought some really cute maternity skinny jeans at the GAP.

#3 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 AM

I am worried to buy any jeans in case my booty gets way bigger(it has in another pregnancy and with no morning sickess this time I'm eating lots!) I have never even tried on expensive maternity jeans, and the only jeans I've had were hand-me-downs. I did go to Old Navy and look at their jeans. I HATE how ugly maternity jeans/shorts are!! And maternity shirts look like old-lady shirts. I'll look at the GAP for the skinny jeans...do they have the belly panel or do they fit under the bump? I've wondered if those ones that go under the bump stay up because if they do, that's what I want. Actually I just want my own jeans and shorts. I HATE clothes shopping, especially when it's for something I'll never wear again.

Marie

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#4 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM

I found Old Navys fit fairly well as far as maternity jeans go, the only problem is most their stores don't sell them so you have to order online.

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#5 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 AM

I have not gotten the designer jeans. I got a pair from Motherhood last time and they were great while they fit. About the last month I could no longer wear them, I had to wear the dress slacks I got from Motherhood instead because they had much more give.

On a somewhat seperate note, is anyone else super let down by the maternity clothes that seem to be coming out this season. I cannot find a single thing I want to wear. I ordered three short sleeve shirts from Old Navy that are pretty plan, but they might be going back for being too big and one is just weird at the bottom.

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#6 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodge View Post

I have not gotten the designer jeans. I got a pair from Motherhood last time and they were great while they fit. About the last month I could no longer wear them, I had to wear the dress slacks I got from Motherhood instead because they had much more give.

On a somewhat seperate note, is anyone else super let down by the maternity clothes that seem to be coming out this season. I cannot find a single thing I want to wear. I ordered three short sleeve shirts from Old Navy that are pretty plan, but they might be going back for being too big and one is just weird at the bottom.

Yes!! I agree I have not seen any cute maternity clothes. I've looked online and in a couple stores. Yuck! And looking through my stash from my last pregnancy...well, there's not much there! Thankfully I've just been hanging around the house lately because I just don't have much to wear :)

To the OP I have not tried any designer maternity jeans. But I say go for it! Especially on Ebay. What better time to splurge!

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#7 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Our Old Navy does have a maternity section near the baby clothes. They do have skinny jeans. I have this problem though with paying lots of money for clothes, especially something I will never wear again. I only buy from thrift stores and I am not having luck finding nice pants or shorts from thrift stores.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#8 of 20 Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 PM

I had under-the-belly jeans (maybe more like "jeggings") w/ #1. They were GREAT. I wore them all the time, until about the last month when they didn't fit any more. Much to my dismay (they were one of the few things I saved) they were horrible for the second pregnancy. Ditto the pencil skirt that fit under the belly. My pregnancy was carried way lower. I was also fatter to begin with, which might have been part of the problem. Now I am starting out back at original size, so curious to see if that impacts the kind of maternity clothes I want to wear.

But yeah, I am really wrestling with this right now too! We are on such a limited budget but I'd like a couple of decent things to wear. But I am so loath to buy anything that will see limited use. On the other hand, if I buy ONE pair of pants ans wear them almost constantly for 6m, isn't that getting some value?

I HATE those "belly panels". I hate how they look, and they don't do jack to hold up the pants.

I am considering going to a maternity depot type place and splurging one one pair of really nice maternity jeans, and then just making do with hand-me-downs for the rest. Also considering just buying some low-waisted pants in a size too big (maybe I can find some on sale?) that will at least work for the next 2m or so, and then can be my PP WINTER pants until I shrink a little (news flash to first-timers, you will be wearing maternity clothes for the first 1-2m or so pp)

dissertating mom to three

#9 of 20 Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 AM

I haven't looked for anything yet this time.  I still have a good bit of winter stuff from last time that I can wear until it gets hot here.  One pair of jeans I really like is from the Gap.  They have the full belly panel, but it folds down so you can wear it under the belly if you want.  And the panel is in this cute print so it looks like a little cami or something sticking out under your shirt.  Last time, I found that I like the under belly styles in the second trimester, but when I got really big, I was more comfortable with the support around my whole belly.

I don't know anything about the designer jeans, either. My most expensive ones were the Gap jeans, and they were a present from my Mama.  But if you're getting a good deal, and feel like spurging, why not?  You deserve it!!

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#10 of 20 Old 04-01-2011, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

I really do dislike Old Navy jeans because they sag and droop on me after 20 minutes. I love the way Gap fits, but my last experience with them was that I got a great pair of jeans in the fall there that I LOVED and within a month, both knees had humongous holes that wouldn't stop. I think their quality has really gone down. So the expensive jeans I buy normally are my only pair and I wear them every day. They are made in the USA and have a great fit. I just am not sure if their maternity jeans are the same, and even on Ebay the cost is pretty high. That's why I wondered if anyone had any experience with them! Maybe I ought to wait until the fall when I'm pretty big and get a pair that I can wear pp. 

#11 of 20 Old 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM

I was going to suggest some jeans from Thyme Maternity because I really love mine but apparently they are only in Canada? I have a pair I got off babysteals, I don't remember what brand they are but they were expensive and I don't love them.

I think if you can find a pair you love go for it, it's so worth it to feel good about yourself when you are pregnant.

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

#12 of 20 Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM

has anyone tried the lilac "tummy trimmer" jeans? they are on babysteals right now... $35 is not cheap but if they are good pants maybe okay...

http://www.babysteals.com/?utm_source=babysteals&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=201142

I hate ordering clothes w/out trying on b/c its so hard to know if they'll fit right!

#13 of 20 Old 04-02-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't tried them but now I am really kind of tempted. It's hard to find a review of them online!

#14 of 20 Old 04-03-2011, 01:03 PM

well I didn't order them after all but am curious. I guess I need to go to a maternity type place when I have some time and try on a bunch of brands and sizes and take notes! then if I see some on sale I can get them. I also found Old Navy and Motherhood pants just didn't stay up well enough.

#15 of 20 Old 04-03-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't even ever tried any of the jeans on that I am talking about; I've seen them in the maternity stores, but the salespeople in those places FREAK me out. They are very "attentive" and I'm a really private shopper and person; I dislike the whole experience of the lurking shopkeeper...

#16 of 20 Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM

I had a pair of Sevens I think with my last pg (well I still do but I haven't pulled it out yet) that I got at a consignment store.  I liked them, they were the only ones that I could find small enough for me (though I hear good things about old navy).  I like that they didn't have a full panel, they were just below the belly.  I also liked that they came in more sizes than S/M/L/XLbecause some people don't fit those sizes.  They are sized like real pants.  

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#17 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Brennan--were they 7 For All Mankind? Or Seven (spelled out.) 7FAM are my daily jeans of choice. Never found a better fit for my body; that's what I really want--I wish I could find them at consignment and try them on! I know they have them on Ebay but trying them on feels important. Blast those salesladies. I should bring a friend.

#18 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 PM

alright I think I solved my jeans problem temporarily. my sister mentioned lots of pants are on big sale at urban outfitters... I stopped by and they have $10 low-rise, super stretchy cords. So I got 2 pair. They are really stretchy! (I tried pulling waistband out and could go quite a ways). I think these will work for the next 2 or 3 months and then I can see what sort of hand-me-downs I get and be in no rush to find the "right" pants for the last few months. And I think they'll work for PP (won't be particularly flattering but lets face it, nothing much is for the first few months)

#19 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Good for you, Emma! I scored today also. Our thrift shop gets some nice goodies and I got a pair of Joie for Pea in the Pod cargo pants for $1 and a pair of Japanese Weekend pants also for a dollar. It's nice that I'll be able to resell both of these in the end if I don't destroy them. Jeans, I haven't figured it out, but seriously, I can probably wait until the fall.

#20 of 20 Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Thanks, Brennan--were they 7 For All Mankind? Or Seven (spelled out.) 7FAM are my daily jeans of choice. Never found a better fit for my body; that's what I really want--I wish I could find them at consignment and try them on! I know they have them on Ebay but trying them on feels important. Blast those salesladies. I should bring a friend.

I'm pretty sure they are 7FAM because back in the day when I wore designer jeans I liked the style of Sevens better and these were a compromise on style for me.  What about trying a Nordstroms?  I'm not American but I was in the States a while ago and that's where I got my last pair of Sevens, do they have a maternity section?  (Again I have no idea, I'm not from the US)

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page