Chat thread: 4/3-4/9 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Oh, I need a swimsuit too!  Yours sounds great, capretta

mainebirdgirl ... I'm still puking.  Usually shortly after eating a very nice meal.  Lovely.  This morning I puked after glancing into the sink and seeing last night's apple crisp pan soaking (Gross!).  And then I puked again when I opened the dishwasher and was hit in the face by the reek of dirty dishes.  And then I gagged when I put peanut butter on my toast.  So not pleasant.  I'm getting tired of it! 

Oh, and I have a cough, and every time I cough, I gag, which then threatens more barfing.

Oh, and hey STEPH!  They've discovered several new, never-before-seen Dr Suess books that are going to be published THIS FALL!  In honour of your new babe!  Okay, well maybe in honour of the books and the good Doctor himself, but perfect timing!  You can even order them right now! 

AFM: My sister and I are driving 45 minutes to check a Craigslist score.  This woman spent oodles of money on high end AP-type parenting stuff (wool longies, super lovely dipes, organic flats, carriers, wraps, organic baby clothes ... all the things we can't afford) and is now getting rid of it all on Craigslist, and most of it hasn't even been used!  I'm so excited.  I'm going to take a bunch of cash and throw it at her and grab it all and make a dash for the car while my sister waits outside idling and E is placated in the back with raisins and her blasted favourite Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer song on repeat.  Whoo hoo! 

nicolian likes this.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#62 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 08:50 AM

Oh, and my two-year-old is 'doing science' with her breakfast, which means mixing her yogurt, water, milk, blueberries and toast all together in interesting ways.  I predict another barf session while cleaning that up too.  She loooooves 'doing science.'  Just my luck!  biglaugh.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#63 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Starling: I love your plan for getting all of that fabulous stuff! :) Let us know how that works out for you!  I really want to get a woven wrap this time around but I'm overwhelmed by all of the choices.

I don't have much to report. I'm not feeling sick or tired anymore which is nice. I wish I was feeling the baby though. I don't have any reminder that I'm pregnant other then my ever growing belly. I just feel "normal". I won't have another Dr visit until the end of the month to hear the heartbeat. Feeling kind of in limbo pregnancy wise.

We are a bit stressed about the potential gov't shut down. DH is a federal employee and may be out of work for a bit. Hoping its short lived. We'll know by tonight if he can go to work on Monday or not. Ugh!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#64 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 AM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Oh, and my two-year-old is 'doing science' with her breakfast, which means mixing her yogurt, water, milk, blueberries and toast all together in interesting ways.  I predict another barf session while cleaning that up too.  She loooooves 'doing science.'  Just my luck!  biglaugh.gif

Ha! I love it. That is perfect 2 yo science.

AKislandgirl, no more 'pregnant' feelings here either. I am assuming all is fine, since that is by far most likely at this point. Also, the exact same thing happened in my first pregnancy, which turned out fine. A bunch of people I know are also wondering if they will get their paychecks next week. They have to go to work either way. Ugh. I hope for their and your sake that this is averted or resolved quickly. You know, in Canada, if the budget doesn't pass, that triggers an election six weeks from the date of non-passage. That used to really annoy me (especially given that the 5th election in about 10 years is happening at the moment -- they have become very frequent) but now I see the benefits of that system rather than the government actually shutting down.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#65 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM

TMI warning, but I need to know: Does round ligament pain feel like something is being pulled from the top of your hip, across your groin, and down and out of your vagina? I'm having crazy pain.

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#66 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Yea, pretty much, Karli. Fun stuff.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#67 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Karli, that is such a great description. :-)

#68 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Yep, sounds about right.

So, I've been so NOT wanting to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes.  No thrift stores around here sell them and I'm hesitant to buy online because I'm worried they won't fit.  Cue Burlington Coat Factory.  For $67 bucks, I got a pair of jeans, a pair of khakis, three pairs of capris, and two work shirts.  Sooo stoked!  I now just need a few more tops and a swimsuit to be set.  Woot!

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#69 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 06:55 PM

The pain that I get that I *think* is round ligament pain isn't like that, it's more like a sudden cramp feeling on one or the other side of my stomach when I stand up too fast or something.  Is that round ligament pain, too?

#70 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 07:24 PM

My only news this week is I finally got to hear the heartbeat on Monday, at 12.5 weeks.  Yay!  I was 10.5 at my last appt, and they couldn't find the heartbeat because of my "retroverted uterus". I knew it would be normal not to hear it that early for me, but it was still a relief when I finally did.

Livacreature- that's awesome!  I love a good deal.  I'm also not wanting to spend a whole lot (well, OK, I wouldn't mind spending a bunch, but I just cant right now).  Luckily, I wear nursing scrubs to work, and I can survive in those for a long time, and eventually I can get away with stretchy exercise type pants that I bought last time.  And for home, I've got some one-size-fits-all gauze skirts and a few pairs of shorts from last time around.  So I'm hoping I can get away with just buying a few tops.  Either that, or maybe my mom will get excited and take me shopping wink1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

TMI warning, but I need to know: Does round ligament pain feel like something is being pulled from the top of your hip, across your groin, and down and out of your vagina? I'm having crazy pain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post

The pain that I get that I *think* is round ligament pain isn't like that, it's more like a sudden cramp feeling on one or the other side of my stomach when I stand up too fast or something.  Is that round ligament pain, too?

I've had both of these pains, and attributed them both to ligaments.  I don't know if it's all round ligament, or if there are different ligaments, but I do think it's all normal.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#71 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 PM

I'm getting the range of ligaments pulling on me.  Low side pains from round ligaments.  Tailbone pain from that ligament.  Vaginal side pain from other ligaments.  The good thing is that it's always better in a few days after things change and grow.  Today it's SP pain in the bone.  It feels like it's trying to cut off the blood supply to my clit or something. 

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#72 of 75 Old 04-08-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:

This is what my ligament pain feels like.  Had it last time too.

#73 of 75 Old 04-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

This is what my ligament pain feels like.  Had it last time too.

Quote:

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#74 of 75 Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:

That's what I get too. Also I get it sometimes when I laugh or sneeze.
#75 of 75 Old 04-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My allergies are kicking in crazy bad. I feel awful. It's really not helping with the exhaustion & constant headache.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page