This is strange, very strange - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since the night before last I have been feeling something in a certain area of my belly. It felt like little vibrations coming from the inside. Waaaaay too early to be fetal movement right? Well, that's what I thought so I brushed it off as gas or some other digestive issue. It comes and it goes but since last night I've been feeling it more regularly. This morning I whipped out my fetal doppler and tried to find the heartbeat. NOTHING until I got to the area where I was feeling the vibrations. It was in that area and only in that area that I was able to hear Baby Valentine's heartbeat. I didn't even catch it long enough for it to register a BPM reading but I caught it twice in the same spot within a matter of seconds and then it was gone. This is the first time I've heard it on the fetal doppler (10w3d) and the second I heard it I knew what it was without a doubt. After the doppler the vibrations stopped for awhile and now I'm feeling them like crazy around the same spot.

How crazy is that that I got the fetal heart beat in the same area I've been feeling this vibration? This isn't my first pregnancy, or my second, or my third or my fourth. That's the only reason I'm allowing a feeling of "Maybe...possibly...." to seep in about it being fetal movement. 

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

#2 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

You know, I'd go with it because things do happen outside of the norm. Actually, I bet that MOST of us have experienced pregancy-related incidences outside of the norm. So if you think it's fetal movement, it certainly could be. :) Just my unscientific two cents.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#3 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Several mamas in the ddc have been feeling movement for a while now.  I'm not, but I bet you are!  Fun!  I can't wait to feel the babe move.  It's still so surreal.  I don't like this wait between the last doppler check and the next appointment and when I can start to feel the babe move. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#4 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM

It is most definately not too early! With #3 and 4 I was feeling the baby moving by 9-10 weeks. Actually this time I have been feeling it since 6 weeks...I was very skeptical but by pregnancy 4 you tend to know gas from baby movements. It's always in the exact same spot and just gets stronger and more often the bigger I get. I always felt it was a great gift to feel it so early! I do not have a doppler but around 10 weeks the midwife found the heartbeat just below where I'm feeling the baby moving. The bad thing about feeling it so early is going a few days without feeling it is very scary, but normal. I'm 14 weeks now and went a few days without feeling any movement, but the other night my husband rubbed my back in the bed and I felt the baby thumping on the bed while I was on my belly, then yesterday I felt it pretty good. The best times for me is after I eat and when I go to bed at night(which continues all through the pregnancy lol then after it's born!)

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#5 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I feel better now, not so crazy!

#6 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

With my last pregnancy, I started feeling vibrations like you're describing around 14 weeks, and I thought it was my uterus spasming or something.  But when I told my mom about it, she said it was probably the baby moving. 

This time, I felt that same vibratey feeling a few days ago, right at 12 weeks, and I've felt a few other things that definitely aren't gas.  I'm not 100% sure its the baby, but I'd like to think it is :)

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#7 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I pulled out the doppler again and sure enough, didn't hear anything until I got to the spot where I was feeling the vibration. This time Baby stuck around for a reading than disappeared and movement stopped. (S)he does not like the doppler so I don' think I'll be pulling it out again anytime soon. It's pretty crazy to think I could actually be feeling baby movement this early but that really seems to be what it is...too much of a coincidence that the heartbeat can be found with the vibration feeling is and not when I don't feel it in that spot.

#8 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM

It's actually not that early, especially for having been pregnant before! I think it's just that most women are laughed at and told it's gas so we don't come out and talk about it that often.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#9 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose View Post

It's actually not that early, especially for having been pregnant before! I think it's just that most women are laughed at and told it's gas so we don't come out and talk about it that often.

Yeah this!  I felt with this pg and dd's pg between 10-12 weeks.  Everyone said I was crazy, that I was just imagining things and that it was gas, so I just shut up about it.  I know that it was baby, and I've been feeling little kicks (more like vibration) on one side for 2ish weeks now.

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#10 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 05:16 PM

I am feeling my baby as I type at ~12w4d. I thought I felt it awhile ago too (now I KNOW).. so I totally believe that's what you could be feeling.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#11 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM

I felt the same thing last night and actually thought it was baby moving. You're not alone. smile.gif
#12 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Here's another vote for the "I completely believe you" side. I am 11 weeks today, pregnancy #5, and this whole past week I've been feeling movement. It has really made me bond with this baby to be able to 'feel' it's presence so early on. Love it!

SAHM to Abraham (9) Gillian (5) Adrienne (3) and baby boy coming in October! 

Always missing our Gianna, lost during fullterm labor (8/23/04)
Sticking together through the good and the bad with dh of 10 yrs!

#13 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM

I felt my baby moving at 10 weeks, it felt like a tiny butterfly. The first day I felt it I thought I just had some overactive nerves, but I felt the exact same thing the next day, so I'm pretty sure it was the baby. I just had my first appointment and, sure enough, my midwife located the heartbeat in the same area where I felt movement. smile.gif

SAHM to DS (11/09) with a little girl coming in October stork-girl.gif familybed1.gif

#14 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 07:53 PM
~pi

I've felt stuff already that made me wonder. I don't feel sure, but I certainly don't experience anything like these flutters when not pregnant. You get my vote for it being real. I think it's absolutely possible.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#15 of 21 Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 AM

I felt this baby at 11 weeks, 2 days and now at 12 weeks, 4 days I'm confident that that's what I've been feeling for the last week.

#16 of 21 Old 04-05-2011, 06:51 AM

I was positive that i was feeling it a week or so  ago for a few days in a row, but nothing in about a week:(

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#17 of 21 Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one!  This is my second, but I felt my first "early" as well, I think around 15-16 weeks.  

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#18 of 21 Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM

I can't remember exactly what week I felt #2 moving, I'd have to look in her baby book, but it was after 16 weeks, I know that much. I had been feeling her daily, then it went two days without feeling anything. Back then, if you were on Medicaid you went to the health department for prenatals. So I showed up, terrified I'd lost her because she stopped moving. The doctor found her heartbeat, then went out in the hall and loudly made fun of me for "thinking she felt the baby moving already". I felt so stupid(age 19, poor, on Medicaid...) I was just humiliated but I was happy nothing was wrong with her. I didn't think anything what he said, legally, but when I told my mom she freaked out and called the health department and threatened them with a lawyer!! She wouldn't have really done anything but they did schedule a meeting with me to apologize for making fun of me. So with baby #3 and now baby #4 I am not making it very public(to outsiders) that I felt them so early. And I take other moms seriously! I HATE for mothers to be treated as if they are ignorant. I can not stand it. I am more outspoken now in my old age (ha 34) but back then it was just humiliating.

#19 of 21 Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 PM

That seems to be pretty normal when you first start feeling it. It is very worrisome, though!! When is your next prenatal appt, if you have one?

I had a bad dream that the pregnancy was going very badly(won't go into details on this thread) and my midwife came out the next day and worked until she found the heartbeat. It took awhile, as I was about 10 weeks! I was very grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

I was positive that i was feeling it a week or so  ago for a few days in a row, but nothing in about a week:(

#20 of 21 Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose View Post

That seems to be pretty normal when you first start feeling it. It is very worrisome, though!! When is your next prenatal appt, if you have one?

I had a bad dream that the pregnancy was going very badly(won't go into details on this thread) and my midwife came out the next day and worked until she found the heartbeat. It took awhile, as I was about 10 weeks! I was very grateful.

I swear I felt it again last night...much stronger...I am fairly positive now!!! It is a familliar feeling from previous pg's...def something you don't forget:)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#21 of 21 Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Yay! That's GREAT! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page