coping with seasonal allergies & migraines - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is normally the time of year I'd start taking Allegra.  I've been getting a LOT of migraines lately and I'm noticing that I'm stuffed up.  Last time I was pregnant I mostly missed allergy season, so I have no coping strategies.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Natural remedies, herbs, supplements, etc. I'm debating taking some Benadryl at night to see if it helps, but I'd rather wait until I'm through the 1st trimester to take anything besides Tylenol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 PM

I just started doing a Neti-Pot sometimes, as an alternative to taking meds, and while I'm not sure it makes much difference for me, a lot of people are really into it.  Also it's kinda fun.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 PM

I have been using the Neti-Pot for about five weeks right now. I still am having issues, but I think it is helping as I really think it would be worse. 

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 AM

I don't have any allergy advice but for migraines I use pepperment essential oil and it is really helpful. You can place a drop a bit on a warm wet wash cloth and move it around so it is all over the cloth then place the cloth over your face while laying down. I also put a drop on my upper lip so it goes right up my nose. Just put a little or it burns really bad. If the migraine is really bad you can place ice under the base of your neck while laying with the rag on your face. Unfortunately I don't know any natural remedies that allow you to keep moving but I can get it to pass in 1 hr or less which is way good for me.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

I'll have to get back into the neti pot habit.  I don't like it!

I will definitely try the peppermint oil.  I haven't heard of that before but I can imagine it helping.

User Tag List