My m/s is getting worse - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I'm just dropping in for a whine. greensad.gif

I'll be about 11 weeks on Monday by all guestimates and I'm feeling worse than ever. There is officially nothing I can drink anymore that doesn't make me sick to my stomach, water included. All beverages leave an awful taste in my mouth and water just tastes sour. I can't eat some of my old favorites, like most dairy products. No milk, yogurt. Occasionally I can keep down cheese without feeling sick. I ended up vomiting severely after breakfast this morning. I don't know what's "safe" to eat and what will make me feel terrible. It's been getting worse and worse for the past 3 days. Just before bedtime is the pinnacle of terrible, because I start salivating and dry heaving over and over until I crawl into bed and don't get up again. I'm taking B6, but nothing else because it makes the nausea worse. Anyone else struggling with the same thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hugs. That's just plain awful. :( Can you suck on hard candies?

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 AM

I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and there has been no sign of mine improving either. :( Sorry I can't be more encouraging!

My doctor has suggested I might have hyperemesis but since my other two pregnancies were almost morning sickness free she said I might get lucky and have it go away at some point. Like you, literally everything makes me sick. Water... juice... crackers... everything. If I eat something one day and I feel okay there is no promise it won't make me throw up the next day.

Hopefully it will get better soon!

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 AM

I couldn't read without offering some sympathy!  So sorry you're going through this.  Is it possible you might have a virus or something, if things have gotten much worse in the past few days?  I had a bad bout of something a couple weeks ago, in retrospect I think it was a stomach bug, but it was awful to have that on top of the morning sickness.  I couldn't keep anything down, even water, and everything sounded terrible to me. 

Also, have you talked to your doctor about taking Unisom? It was on my list of approved drugs, so I gave it a try.  I've been taking it before bed and it does keep me from vomiting the next day and seems to help with the nausea somewhat.  I'm also taking b6.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

Old 04-08-2011, 11:40 AM

I'm so sorry!  Have you tried lemonade and/or limeade?  During the worst of my nausea, that's about all I wanted to drink.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Ick. I'm so, so sorry. That's awful. I just want you to know you're in good company.

I was doing half a unisom with b6 at night, and it seemed to help the vomiting (though not really the nausea) - it just made it so I could keep food down.

Mine has been pretty bad this time around (twins, I guess, can make it worse?) - but I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow, and I've had 3 good days in a row. I'm hoping this means it's coming to an end. I'll hope the same for you.

I had a stomach virus during my 11th week, too...it was bad, but it actually took me 2 days to realize it was a stomach virus and not just the same old getting sick. Bleccch.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 PM

So sorry for everyone still feeling bad :(  I hope you all start feeling better soon.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:01 PM
~pi

I am so sorry you're having such a miserable time. I hope things improve for you very soon. hug.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I felt better for a bit over the weekend, but had bouts of feeling equally awful at times since Monday. It's definitely not a virus. I try to drink citrus drinks, but anything with lots of sugar makes the nausea worse, so it's a hit and miss on finding something good.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 AM

On the bright side- how great are you getting at the puke and rally?

It's a skill I thought I'd never use again after college- but here I am.  PUKE, 9 O'clock meeting PUKE pour bosses coffee.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedKate View Post

It's a skill I thought I'd never use again after college- but here I am.  PUKE, 9 O'clock meeting PUKE pour bosses coffee.

smile.gif

and then puke again, because of the coffee smell, which sends me running to the nearest receptacle to deposit my breakfast.

Seriously, I love coffee - but there is nothing worse than coffee when I am pregnant, apparently. I was out of the office for a meeting one afternoon, and someone in the building made a pot (in her office with the door closed!)...and the nausea it caused was so bad I had to go home with 2 hours left in the day and finish my work from there. Lame.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 PM

Speak it Concerned Kate!  That's SO true!  I was wondering the other day if I was sick enough to stay home, decided Nah, I can rally. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedKate View Post

Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is miserable. In my first pg I was sick constantly, sounds like you. It finally got to where I wasn't worried about trying to eat or drink something that wouldn't make me sick but just eating and drinking things that were good on the way up. I found rice, tortillas, chips, pasta to be BAD but really liquidy stuff like soup, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes (if chewed really well), bananas, , etc. were much better. Drink lots of water as it makes it move easier. The quicker I barfed the less acidic it was so don't  try to hold it in. It didn't ever go away but did slow down. BUT i have been pg a lot since then and it has never been that bad so don't think it will always be that way either.

I really hope you feel better soon but until then make a note of what is awful on the way up and what is not so much. That really will help.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

User Tag List