Does anyone have their ultrasound scheduled yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm hoping I will get to schedule it on Monday, since my next appt after that will be at about 14-16 weeks and so maybe I can just schedule both. 

I'm hoping to find out the gender, like I did with my other two. I'm getting so ANXIOUS/EXCITED!!

I dont have a gender preference, just like to know. redface.gif

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#2 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 08:07 AM

I scheduled my ultrasound for May 12. It takes weeks to get in here for routine stuff so the midwife gave me the requisition sheet at our first visit and told me to call. This is our 4th and we did not find out the gender with the others, but will this time. DH really wants to know...again, no preferences. 

#3 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 AM

I'm scheduled to May 18th.  DH really wants to know, so I guess we'll be finding out gender.  I'm excited and not nearly as nervous after getting a good doppler scan a few days ago.

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#4 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM

Yes!! Mine is on May 10th at 3pm!!! I'm absolutely dying to know what we are having, I'm totally counting down the days!!!

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

#5 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 PM

I'm at the end of the DDC, so I'm just getting my NT Scan done on April 15.  :P  I go back for a regular appt early may and I'll be 15w, so I imagine my anatomy scan will be around the beginning of June sometime.

It sucks so bad being at the end of the DDC!

Homebirthing mama of 2
#6 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 PM

We don't have the Anomaly Scan scheduled yet. 

I don't care about the gender I am more anxious to know that everything is OK. 

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

#7 of 25 Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 PM

I don't have it scheduled yet but I can't wait!!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#8 of 25 Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Not yet--my next appointment is for 17 weeks so I assume the OB will schedule it then. I get quickie u/s at every visit because they can never get a HB via doppler (last time they couldn't get it till 33 weeks!!) but I'm still excited for the big one--you get to see it blown up on TV, and my husband will be there, and of course I want to know everything is ok.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#9 of 25 Old 04-10-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomerJen View Post

I'm at the end of the DDC, so I'm just getting my NT Scan done on April 15.  :P  I go back for a regular appt early may and I'll be 15w, so I imagine my anatomy scan will be around the beginning of June sometime.

It sucks so bad being at the end of the DDC!

I'm with ya, Jen.  I'm getting a dating u/s done tomorrow (apparently that's standard here).  I'm really looking forward to seeing a heartbeat!  This might be my only ultrasound, so I'm actually happy it's near the end of the first trimester.  Gives me less time to worry afterwards.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#10 of 25 Old 04-11-2011, 07:46 AM

I have an ultrasound scheduled for this Wednesday. I will be 16 weeks 3 days so I am crossing my fingers we will find out the sex!! If not I will have another one between 18-22 weeks. I can't wait until those of us who are finding out actually find out!!

Amy :)

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#11 of 25 Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Mine is on May 1st! I cannot wait! I will be 16 and a half weeks and am sure we will be able to tell last time I went at 14 and found out! 

Mom to energy.gif Lucy Jo 1-06, hbac.gif Samuel Jude 9-09 with belly.gif baby #3 on the way sometime in October! We homeschool.gifnocirc.gifsaynovax.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifwinner.jpg
#12 of 25 Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM

I just scheduled mine today!  It will be May 16th - I'll be just about 20 weeks. I almost wanted to do it sooner - more like 18/19 weeks, but they said over the phone they prefer 20 weeks, and they seem so *supremely* nice and friendly and good (sort of a private practice ultrasound place, I guess!), I just wanted to make them happy, lol.  I'm going to be pulling my kids out of school about half an hour early and taking my husband with me, and I'm so excited!!  I don't think I'll be able to handle waiting 5 weeks very well.  :)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#13 of 25 Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Mine will likely be at the very end of May. They don't do them before 20 weeks here. At my next appointment (at 16 weeks) we will schedule the u/s appointment.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#14 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 AM

An ultrasound update: We have to have an u/s at every appointment this time b/c of the twins and the difficulty of determining whose heartbeat is whose with a doppler, so we had one this morning. Both babies are doing well and growing right on target with healthy heartbeats. Oh, and Baby A is apparently a girl. :-) Baby B has elected to remain shrouded in mystery at this time (which is okay, because we weren't expecting to even be able to know anything until next month's ultrasound).

I'm feeling conflicted about all the ultrasounds, but they are keeping them short, and I'm grateful for that. It just feels really different from my experience with my son (where we only had 2 of them altogether). It was nice to see babies looking more like...well, like babies...and less like hamsters. They kind of looked like hamsters last time.

#15 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 01:20 PM

I'm at the beginning of the DDC (due late September/early October)... my U/S is scheduled for 4/28.  I'm so stinking excited & anxious!  Not sure if we're finding out gender or not... still debating and discussing.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#16 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 03:12 PM

I probably won't do the 20week, but I haven't totally discussed it w/ DH. MWs are fine with that. Unless, obviously, there are any things that are concerning. They would like me to consider scheduling biophysical for maybe week 37 or so... due to my "advanced age" (lol, I'll be 37) combined with my likely gestational diabetes. Just b/c both of those do increase risks.

dissertating mom to three

#17 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

I probably won't do the 20week, but I haven't totally discussed it w/ DH. MWs are fine with that. Unless, obviously, there are any things that are concerning. They would like me to consider scheduling biophysical for maybe week 37 or so... due to my "advanced age" (lol, I'll be 37) combined with my likely gestational diabetes. Just b/c both of those do increase risks.

That "advanced age" thing is so funny...like you have one foot in the grave or something. :-) 

#18 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM

I had mine today and everything looks great! The SCH is gone which is a big relief!! No guess on gender though..... baby is measuring 16 weeks 5 days so I am not sure why they could not see girl or boy parts but I guess we will just have to wait a little longer.... I have another u/s scheduled in 4 weeks but I am very very tempted to pay $40 and get a gender prediction ultrasound done at my local 3D/4D First Peek office..... I am thinking maybe next Friday since it is payday and by then we will be almost 18 weeks so they should be able to tell.......

Amy ;)

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#19 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 PM

Yay for disappearing SCH! I'm sorry you didn't get to find out the gender, though...that's disappointing if you were hoping to know today.

#20 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyandelle View Post

I had mine today and everything looks great! The SCH is gone which is a big relief!! No guess on gender though..... baby is measuring 16 weeks 5 days so I am not sure why they could not see girl or boy parts but I guess we will just have to wait a little longer.... I have another u/s scheduled in 4 weeks but I am very very tempted to pay $40 and get a gender prediction ultrasound done at my local 3D/4D First Peek office..... I am thinking maybe next Friday since it is payday and by then we will be almost 18 weeks so they should be able to tell.......

Amy ;)

Wow, $40 for the 3D U/S is a great price!  Here, my practitioner offers it, but because it's not covered by insurance it runs around $100-150.  It it was only $40, I'd so be on board for doing it!  Good luck at finding out the gender in the near future. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#21 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

I'm at the beginning of the DDC (due late September/early October)... my U/S is scheduled for 4/28.  I'm so stinking excited & anxious!  Not sure if we're finding out gender or not... still debating and discussing.

If you are still debating/discussing when the day comes, remember that you can always ask that the gender be written down on a piece of paper and put into a sealed envelope. Then you can always decide to look at it at a later date thumb.gif

We were discussing doing that and then having ds read it to everyone so that he would feel included in that special part, but now ds is saying he wants to come to the ultrasound with us. I don't have a problem with him coming, so we'll probably go that route instead. Maybe we'll have the tech tell him (if the tech seems friendly) so that he's the first to know and then he can tell us.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#22 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM

My first appointment is not until next Thursday so I don't know when I will have my ultrasound. I am so torn about finding out the gender. A part of me wants to have that surprise but my daughter and oldest son have their hearts set on a girl and I am pretty sure it will be a boy so I am wondering if it will be better to find out and give them time to get over it or if they won't care once the baby is here and it will be better to wait so they don't dwell on disappointment..hmmm. Funny until I read this thread it did not occur to me to invite my kids to the ultrasound..even though they are invited to the birth..lol. I will definitely invite them to the ultrasound too now!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#23 of 25 Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 AM

Our US is scheduled for May 2nd, which is week 18 for me. I'm definately wanting to find out the gender-for a number of reasons, but I'm not sure what I'll do with telling everyone. I love the idea of the "gender cake"-anyone watch those vids online? People have the US tech write the gender on a piece of paper, and put it in an envelope. Then, they take the envelope to a baker and tell them to make a cake that is blue inside if it's a boy, and pink if it's a girl. Then it's covered in a neutral icing and they gather all their friends and family together....and they cut the cake, and everyone finds out together. It's pretty neat!

:)

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#24 of 25 Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 PM

don't have the big one booked yet, but they won't let dh or the kids in until the very end...and in Newfoundland they would not write it down :(

I am not sure if they will here in Ontario...will ask when I book it.

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#25 of 25 Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM

As with most things, it really depends on where you go. I'm in Ontario too, and my last pregnancy they wrote it down, but I don't know if they are all willing to do so. It's funny, cuz the tech at the time wrote "Male", and it took me a sec in my excited state to decipher it! LOL!!! I was expecting Boy or Girl...LOL!

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page