So, discharge, anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been having more discharge than usual all pregnancy, and it hasn't been worrying me at all . . . I get that that's what my hormones are doing.  Then last night, I had a bit of a pink tinge on the toilet paper.  This has only ever happened to me before with UTIs, so I figured that was what it was, and stepped up my usual cranberry and water regime.  There was no burning with the peeing, which is unusual, but I didn't think too much about it.  This morning it had changed to very light brown, which has never happened with a UTI before, so I wiped very carefully and checked, and it wasn't coming from my urethra but from my vagina.  This morning I have maybe a bit of itching.  So I'm starting to think yeast infection.  Can they cause colored discharge?  I've only had two before, and the first time I was a teenager and didn't know what it was.  I already have a doctor's appointment in three days, so is there anything that it could be that might require me going to the doctor sooner than that?  I'm thinking to try the garlic remedy tonight if it's still itchy, because I don't think that will hurt even if it's not yeast.

So, thanks for reading my TMI thread.  Anyone have similar experiences?

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#2 of 6 Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Have you had sex recently? I think it might be from your cervix, it is pretty sensitive during pregnancy...I spotted brown after sex at 6 weeks.We have been taking it easier since then. (lol tmi!)

Do you put the garlic in the vagina? I'm not sure I would do that during pregnancy....but maybe thats just me..

If it increases in amount or brightness call your midwife!

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#3 of 6 Old 04-09-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, last time we had sex was three days ago.  And yeah, you put the garlic in the vagina.  I've heard that it's safe during pregnancy, and I would feel very confident in its safety - more so than any other kind of antifungal medication, anyway.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#4 of 6 Old 04-10-2011, 02:28 PM

That happened to me after I took antibiotics and I felt like I didn't quite have a yeast infection yet but that it was the beginning of one.  I was a bit freaked by the spotting because of my past so I called my midwife.  She said that a yeast infection can cause spotting and that I should take probiotics and put some garlic in there.  I did and I felt better in a few days.  I din't have different color spotting though so I don't know how to answer that one. 

BTW I have had one yeast infection in my life before I became pregnant.  And at like 3 weeks I had a mild one and I just had one last week.  So even if you don't usually have them you can get them more frequently sometimes while pregnant.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#5 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Tank, that makes me feel better.  My sister said the same thing, that she got yeast infections with spotting when she was pregnant last time, so I'm not feeling very worried at all anymore . . . and today is my ultrasound, so I'll have evidence soon enough!

#6 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM

I had a yeast infection around 9 weeks and bled for a few days.  The doc wasn’t sure if I bled from the infection or the one day of treatment with an OTC cream.  I stopped the cream and she said to fight it naturally.  I’ve read that probiotics, garlic internally and externally (smash it up and take it like a pill), a bath with a few cups of apple cider vinegar, and putting some yogurt on a tampon can all help fight it and ease discomfort.  Make sure your yogurt says live cultures.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page