Heartbeat Question :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies!! So our next Dr checkup, is Wednesday...April will be 1 day short of 11 weeks, and I was just wondering, about what the chances of us hearing the baby's heartbeat are? When did you hear your previous/current Dc's heartbeats? I can't seem to remember how far along I was, with our other 3 kiddos, I am sure it is written down in the baby books, but before I dug them out, just wanted to post here ;)

I am SO excited for this appt, mainly in hopes that we hear his/her heartbeat. I have been looking so forward to this part!!

Hope everyone is well!!

~Jenn

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM

I heard mine today with a doppler at exactly 11 weeks.  The midwife did warn me that we might not be able to hear it though and that usually it isn't definate that you can hear it until the end of 12 weeks.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM

My doc said at my last appointment they (their particular office) don't guarantee you will hear it until 16 weeks, to keep mamas from stressing out over not being able to find it.

Generally it's around 12 to 13 weeks that you can hear it with the Doppler, but I have heard of mamas that have heard the heartbeat as early as 8 weeks! I think a lot depends on the skill of the doctor that is trying to find it. (Mine is a resident, she is still learning hehe).

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM

My doctor won't even check for FHR with the doppler until 12 weeks.

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

Old 04-11-2011, 11:39 AM

I heard the babies at 10w3 with the doppler. I remember hearing DD#2 at 9w5d. The doctors stressed the point that we might not be able to hear it, so I shouldn't worry if we can't. They found them right away! I'm also plus-sized, with extra fluffiness in the belly.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 PM

I went in at 10w4d, and they were unable to find a hb. They sent me for an ultrasound and all was well. In addition to it being early, I was told that having (possibly) tilted uterus and a "fluffy tummy" could make it hard to hear. I have another u/s scheduled with my next appt., so I assume I won't see the doppler again until the following visit.

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM

My midwife has been finding it since 9 weeks with the doppler but I usually read around 12 weeks is normal to find it. She did have to spend some time finding it the first two times but she stuck in there for me. At my appointment last week the baby was kicking at the doppler wand thing on my belly! So we didn't get to hear it very long as I don't like irritating the baby like that.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

User Tag List