breast pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 15 weeks now and on the days I wear a bra, when I take my bra off, my breasts feel like I'm engorged and it hurts SO MUCH. Last night I got tears in my eyes when I took off my bra after a whole day of bra-wearing. It's never hurt that much during a pregnancy(this is #4). What can you do to relieve it? I am not much of a bra-wearer but my breasts got really big and my nipples are really pokey LOL So I opt for the bra right now. I usually know what to do for breastfeeding issues but not for this as there's really nothing breastfeeding-related! It's not a tight bra or pushup or anything, it just holds them up where they used to be long ago like a normal bra. I've thought about just buying a sports bra but I don't want them squished, either? Any thoughts? How bad has this been for you?

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#2 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I would NOT do a sports bra unless it fits just right. I was using one and it made mine feel too sausage-y. Can you go get fitted for one? I say that, but I have never done it! I have watched some videos and read about how to get a good fit. No really great advice, but I hope you get it sorted out.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#3 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 PM

I'm having similar but less severe issues. I bought this sports bra this weekend: http://www.shopbounce.com/product/find-bras/310184.do?sortby=ourPicks. So far it is a wonderful relief over squishing in to my normal sports bras. It is too thick to wear under work clothes, so I also got a couple of stretchy, wireless pull-over style bras at EMS in size M/L (I'm a 34D at the moment) that seem to give me room to breathe and grow (avoiding that end of the day engorged feeling) while also protecting against sensitivity and pokey outey nipples more or less. Good luck.

#4 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm having similar issues. I have gone up 2 bra sizes and if they arent throbbing they are itching. The pain has gone away some, but if i happen to roll over on my back in my sleep, once I actually wake up sitting up makes me cry. The pain takes my breath away literaly. One things that has helped for me, I tried a tylonel but no help, sleeping with a sleeping pad on low on my chest. i have one that cuts off after an hour and it helps a little so i can sleep.

#5 of 6 Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 AM

I am truly not trying to make a joke of this, and I'm so sorry you are so uncomfortable.  Has anyone seen the infomercials for the Aah-bra?  They have the models wearing this hugely strapped bra (that truly does look very comfortable) under spagetti strapped camisoles and black evening gowns, and have some funny statement that even celebrities like it!  Stylistically, it is a universe away from Victoria's Secret, but it actually looks pretty comfortable, especially to wear around the house.  It seems to have the stretchyness & flexibility of a sportsbra, but with defined separation and not as tight.  Anyway, I always just laughed at the infomercials.

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#6 of 6 Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 AM
~pi

It isn't hugely bothersome here, but I am definitely up a size and they are ITCHY. I am mostly wearing well-sized nursing bras, which makes it easier. I am busting out (pun intended) of all my nice bras. (Sniff. I thought I had a few more months with them. My body type is very hourglass-y and I discovered the wonders of properly fitted underwire bras in my late 20s. They are amazing. I swear, I put one on, and not only am I more comfortable, but I look about a size smaller. I had to put them aside while nursing for a couple of years, especially as the first 18 months or so involved a lot of nursing in public. So I have been enjoying being back in them and am sad to let them go!)

Anyway, I don't think I am having it as badly as it sounds like you are, but yes, I am definitely having some discomfort and itching.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page