Gender Survey Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

1) Do you know what gender you're having?

No, but we're hoping to find out at our 20wk u/s on May 16th!

2) If no, what gender to you THINK you're having? (Be sure to come back and update!)

I'm definitely leaning towards girl, though lately I'm starting to doubt myself about that.  :-/

3) If yes, which gender?

N/A

4) Did you have a feeling you were having this gender?

We'll find out if my feeling is right in a few weeks!

5) What were your pregnancy symptoms or other things that led you to this feeling?

I've had 1 girl and 2 boys so far.  I don't know if I'm reading into things, but there's a lot of circumstantial things that make me think girl, first of all:  With my daughter, I conceived in February and found out just before Valentine's, right as we were in the middle of preparing our taxes.  Her due date was Oct. 12th.  This time, conceived in January again, found out just before Valentine's/in the middle of putting together taxes *again*.  This one's due date is Oct. 5th.  We lived in this apartment with our daughter.  We moved back after 6 years of being out of state to this same apartment.  So many similarities, right?  And  then there's the symptoms:  I have terrible acne, everywhere.  My breasts have been tender for months (it's finally starting to get better, but I still feel it badly when I first get up in the morning).  I have pretty much no sex drive (I don't really remember with my daughter, but with my boys I was always in the mood).  I hate eggs (I hated eggs with my daughter's pregnancy, too.)  I also did the needle prediction test someone posted way back near the beginning of the DDC, which tells past and future children.  It got my first three right:  Girl, Boy, Boy.  Then it said Girl, Boy, Boy again (I think I might die if I have 6 kids, and 2 more of them are boys, though).  But anyway, if it's right, then this one should be girl.  Plus, I just *felt* like it was a girl, and I've never *felt* it with any of my pregnancies.  Never had a single clue or inclination at all.  I hope it's not wrong.  I want it to be right!  I'm a little afraid of getting a girly girl, but my daughter wants a sister so badly, and I very much want a break from all the boy energy in this house!

I was so wrong. It's a boy!  Admittedly a bit disappointed (especially with feeling pretty sure it was a girl, and never feeling one way or another before!), but the big brothers are super excited.  ;)  I think if I ever have any more babies, I'm going to spare myself and not bother guessing!!  lol.gif

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#62 of 63 Old 05-17-2011, 01:27 PM

I was wrong too! Another girl for us! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

1) Do you know what gender you're having?

Not yet, I have an ultra sound scheduled for May 10th! Hoping baby will cooperate then!

2) If no, what gender to you THINK you're having? (Be sure to come back and update!)

I've been thinking boy this whole time. DH is sure its a girl. DD thinks boy.

3) If yes, which gender?

4) Did you have a feeling you were having this gender?

5) What were your pregnancy symptoms or other things that led you to this feeling?

Very little morning sickness compared to DD. With DD I HAD to have a glass of orange juice the moment I woke up... no such cravings. I just generally feel different this pregnancy. I've had a couple of dreams with boy babies.

We'll know in two weeks. I sort of thought boy with DD too but was obviously wrong! Ha ha! For some reason I have a much stronger feeling about it this time though.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#63 of 63 Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM

1) Do you know what gender you're having? No

2) If no, what gender to you THINK you're having? (Be sure to come back and update!) I think I'm having a boy. But would really like a girl at some point. 

3) If yes, which gender?

4) Did you have a feeling you were having this gender? Yes-I had a gut feeling from the first day. So odd really. I know it sounds silly, but I have always referred to the baby as he or him since I first found out. 

5) What were your pregnancy symptoms or other things that led you to this feeling? I just kind of felt it at the beginning and it didn't change. I said to my husband 10 years ago that I just felt like I would be having boys with him. However, I also had severe nausea, but with no vomiting, and I felt great in the morning and tanked as the day went on. Many people said that feeling was more consistent with boys. Guess we'll see!

Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page