I have to peeeeeeee all.the.time now. Help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bah! For the last week or two my bladder went from "SUPER BLADDER" to "OH COME ON?!?! AGAIN!" I had to get up twice last night to pee or take the risk of wetting my pants, haha. At the ultrasound on Thursday baby was very low the tech said, so low (and head down) the doctor had to do a transvaginal u/s to get a good look for the NT. I wonder if that's why?

I don't recall having this issue with my girls. I carried my son very low too but that was almost 4 years ago now. Any ideas for moving baby off the bladder?

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

#2 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 04:07 PM

I have to pee all the time too. Its ridiculous! Last night I had heartburn on top of pee town so I was up and down constantly. At one point I woke up for the 3rd or 4th time and thought " Hey having a newborn will be easier." lol  Not sure what might help, except possibly that exercise where you get on all fours and rock your pelvis? Maybe that would help baby move.

Do you know what you are having yet? I hear boys sit low. All of my boys have... love.gif

Last resort, DEPENDS! LOL I kid, I kid.....

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#3 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 05:32 PM

I need to start doing Kegels again; I sneezed a bunch of times this afternoon and had to immediately change my underwear.

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#4 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 05:38 PM

I've resorted to panty liners...ugh....just a heads up...my mw said every 1/2 hour is perfectly normal...every 5 minutes is a bladder infection....and Jamie...twice a night...I wish wink1.gif

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#5 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

I suspect boy but we haven't found out yet. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaingirl79 View Post

I have to pee all the time too. Its ridiculous! Last night I had heartburn on top of pee town so I was up and down constantly. At one point I woke up for the 3rd or 4th time and thought " Hey having a newborn will be easier." lol  Not sure what might help, except possibly that exercise where you get on all fours and rock your pelvis? Maybe that would help baby move.

Do you know what you are having yet? I hear boys sit low. All of my boys have... love.gif

Last resort, DEPENDS! LOL I kid, I kid.....

#6 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't remember needing to pee so badly with ds until the end (which with a big baby in there it's not surprising he's on the bladder). It's awful. I do a little calisthenics program on & in front of the toilet each time trying to make sure I get as much out as possible. I don't know if it helps but it feels good to at least know I tried!!!

Actually I think everything shifted up last week & now I'm only once at night instead of 4-5 times so there is hope!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#7 of 11 Old 04-24-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

I need to start doing Kegels again; I sneezed a bunch of times this afternoon and had to immediately change my underwear.

That's me. And dh has found a fun little game where if he notices I haven't gone to the bathroom recently he'll surprise me with a tickle. Totally not cool. LOL!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#8 of 11 Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM

From what I understand, in this part of pregnancy, it isn't the baby or any physical situation causing frequent peeing - it's hormones. 

I didn't have to pee noticeably more frequently until seven months or so with my first 3 pregnancies, but with #4, I did notice substantially increased frequency early on. And with this baby (#5), tremendously more so. I pee all. the. time. just like what you are describing. Since it's hormones, there isn't much to be had for it. And unfortunately, I actually encourage it by drinking gallons of H20! Bah!

fly-by-nursing2.gif~Amy, Wife to E, Happy Momma to K 4/04, L 11/05, E 8/07, V 1/10, and J 10/11

#9 of 11 Old 04-25-2011, 02:40 PM

I get up at least twice a night and the annoying thing is that even though I feel like I have a bladder full enough to fill a gallon sized milk jug, it really isn't that much. My DH is grateful I am able to pee in the dark so I don't keep turning on the BR lights. shine.gif Then, I wake up in the morning feeling like a piece of parchment paper, but the MS makes it impossible to drink as much as I'd like to rehydrate. Ahhh...the joys of pregnancy! 

Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com
#10 of 11 Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Seriously!  I had a wicked chest cold these past couple of weeks and I  had to start wearing pads because every time I coughed.......I really need to get my kegel on!\

(The things you never expect to write on the internet)

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#11 of 11 Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

That may be for some women but for me I don't know about blaming it completely on hormones right now. I've had super bladders in previous pregnancies and I've also had "weaker" bladder and there appears to be to rhyme or reason as to when in the pregnancy since they have been different. I am very curious to see if this baby continues to stay low like my son did...during that pregnancy I had the most bladder issues and that wasn't even just incontinence.  

I also drink a lot. I am thirsty all the time and am always drinking something-that I know is related to pregnancy. If I don't, I get very dehydrated very quickly which makes for an irritable uterus and crampiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klemomma View Post

From what I understand, in this part of pregnancy, it isn't the baby or any physical situation causing frequent peeing - it's hormones. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page