Fetal movement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started feeling little flutters around 11.5 weeks, which was about a month ago.  I still only feel flutters, really down low.  And still very infrequent.  I might go a couple days and not feel anything, and when I do it's just a few seconds here and there.  I worry because it seems like I should be feeling movement more often and stronger movements.  But I am only 15.5 weeks and some women don't even feel the baby yet at this point!

I need reassurance, does what I'm describing seem normal?  I was also wondering if I have an anterior placenta, blocking any movement from the front, since everything I feel is really low, like from the bottom, down by my cervix area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Sounds perfectly normal to me! The movements are rather weak at this point, those little limbs are still mostly cartilage and not bone. And the fact that the movement is infrequent is also very common. I bet you will feel it picking up over the next week or two, that's what happened for me. I am now 17w 3d and for the past week or ten days movement has been way more pronounced, and also more frequent. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#3 of 7 Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm nervous about this too....I'm 16w 5d and have had flutters for a few weeks. They feel less often the last few days.....greensad.gif maybe I'm distracted...or ??? I know that my worry is likely unfounded....and that things are likely fine....just wishing I felt more and more often.

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#4 of 7 Old 04-27-2011, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My opinion, the light flutters are not a dependable feeling of movement.  I say this only because I felt flutters and blips for the four weeks in the second trimester where I had actually had a missed miscarriage-- baby was not alive but I thought I was feeling early movement.  The fluttery feelings continued 2 days after the d&c so I think they are sensations from an enlarged uterus.  I felt the same flutters this time around but it wasn't till 17 weeks that I felt unmistakable movement.  That was just a few days ago and it's very inconsistent.  But please don't worry this early about not feeling movement!  Average time to feel movement is 18-22 weeks, so don't worry!

#5 of 7 Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmum View Post

My opinion, the light flutters are not a dependable feeling of movement.  I say this only because I felt flutters and blips for the four weeks in the second trimester where I had actually had a missed miscarriage-- baby was not alive but I thought I was feeling early movement.  The fluttery feelings continued 2 days after the d&c so I think they are sensations from an enlarged uterus.  I felt the same flutters this time around but it wasn't till 17 weeks that I felt unmistakable movement.  That was just a few days ago and it's very inconsistent.  But please don't worry this early about not feeling movement!  Average time to feel movement is 18-22 weeks, so don't worry!

This is my fourth baby and fifth pregnancy, I'm fairly certain what I feel is fetal movement.  I just wish it was more frequent.  I probably should have put this in the PAL thread...  it's hard after a loss not to be concerned over every little thing!

#6 of 7 Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 AM

I started feeling my little one around 11.5-12 weeks also. In my case, it seemed up higher, like half-way to my belly button. My uterus is pretty big, so guess that's ok. I didn't realize someone could feel their baby so early (and this is my fifth pregnancy!)

#7 of 7 Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM

Babies are peeing a lot more at 15 weeks, there's a bigger bubble around them - it mutes the movement. Also, the uterus moves up out of the pelvis, so it's not in such a confined space. The confined-ness helps with feeling. It's normal to not feel the baby at all for days in this before 20 week time.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page