**Sobs** - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I went to a group that I'm owner of to vent.  I've been running it for quite some time now (4yrs almost) and the ladies in there are very special to me.  I've met a few and I'm REALLY close to others. 

Well, I went in there and I was venting because I'm really sad/bitter about the topic of baby showers.  I've never had one for either of my kids and the ONLY gifts I've ever gotten have been from my mom or a couple of the ladies in that group. 

So I see people in my DDG's (not this one- another site) complaining about how they are getting the "right" decorations, or food, or how thier mom/friend is holding thier shower too late/too early, etc.  Just bitching and complaining about how nothing is just perfect and all.  And it just makes me MAD.  They are doing a very kind & sweet thing for you, so be grateful that you even have someone in your life willing to do something like that for you, because many of us don't.  (like I said, I'm bitter lol)

So I'm venting about that and suddenly one of the girls says "Well you're getting a baby shower so be happy!" 

What?!?

My friend in the group who lives about an hour away is going to throw me a baby shower, a couple of more local members are going to try and make it too, and some of the members who can't are going to get me gifts.

*sobs*

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#2 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Yay!

Jenny-engaged to a wonderful man- mama to 3 rambunctious homeschooling boys, ages 12,10, and 8-doula, knitter, natural food enthusiast, farmer-and expecting number 4 around October 7, 2011 right before I turn 40.
#3 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Awe. That's really sweet of them.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#4 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 04:26 PM

I can relate to this sooo well! I've never had a babyshower-and this is my 4th (and last!) baby. I decided I wanted one for this last baby, but it's turned into a whole "jack and jill" thing with guys and kids, which means it's not what I really want. In addition...I'm throwing one for myself.

I am so happy for you! Enjoy!

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#5 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 04:51 PM

That's awesome. Happy shower to you!

#6 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post

I decided I wanted one for this last baby, but it's turned into a whole "jack and jill" thing with guys and kids, which means it's not what I really want.

I'm super laid back so I told the girl that's throwing mine that husbands & kids were more than welcome, lol.  :)  I'd rather have more of a relaxed gathering personally than anything formal so it's all good for me.  I hope you get the shower you want!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#7 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 PM

How sweet!I was super bummed that no one threw me a shower for my second baby. I know its really common, but there was TEN YEARS between my first and second and I did not have a single baby item at all. I was really sad about it. I'm absolutely sure no one will throw one for this baby, but I feel okay about it. This one will be pretty close in age to my second and we saved a lot.

#8 of 12 Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM

Awww, that is so sweet! Yay for baby showers!

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#9 of 12 Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Awww, that is so sweet! With my oldest, my friend decided she wanted to host a babyshower. She never invited anyone, until my sister tried to take over. Then she got upset and organized something as quickly and haphazardly as she could. My son was born almost 2 weeks before the babyshower at 33w and my friend took it as her queue to immediately cancel the shower. When I spoke to her less than two hours after he was born to tell her we should go ahead with the shower as planned, she already had other plans! Needless to say, she wasn't at the shower and it didn't feel very special. Since then, nobody has really tried to celebrate my babies and I really wish I had the type of support system who would LOVE to organize a surprise baby shower. They sound awesome!
#10 of 12 Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 AM

never had a baby shower either...we move alot- never get friends close enough to want to give a shower- this is my third and last babe

our family back home is on welfare so they can't afford to send gift- i totally get it and don't mind

but I love the thought of other people celebrating your baby coming into this world :)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#11 of 12 Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 PM

That's awesome!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#12 of 12 Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
~pi

That's so lovely. Hooray!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page