spotlight May 1-7: snubblenuts, afmom2be, HeatherCPST, Starlit, VTtoPSUmama, Leiahs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the sixth Oct 2011 DDC spotlight thread!

This week, the spotlight is on:

3 Oct – snubblenuts (Amy), #8
4 Oct – afmom2be (Shasta), #1
4 Oct – HeatherCPST (Heather), #5
4 Oct – Starlit, #2 and #3
4 Oct – VTtoPSUmama (Erica), #2
5 Oct – Leiahs (Becky), #4

(Note: I put six people on the list this week because our roster continues to grow and of the first 5, only one has been active here recently.)

Previous weeks:

Week 1: MamaMcBride, ValH, akind1, purplerose, dragondreaming

Week 2: korintherin, auntbeabea, durafemina, ~pi, fourbeautifulgirls

Week 3: JupiteRain48, puente, Shonahsmom, Snugglebugmom

Week 4: capretta, carriede, KristinaMarie, AlexisT, dosergirl

Week 5: Gabesgrrrl, Grahnola Mum, Hannahkatiebell, Jane, NDFanatik

How this works

If your name is listed above, this is a spotlight on you! Please answer all questions you have time for and feel comfortable answering.

Everyone else, ask questions of the five DDC members listed. Silly questions, serious questions, whatever you want to know!

When will everyone's thread happen?

I will start a new thread every Sunday. (If anyone else wants to help with this, PM me!)

We'll go in groups of 5, working our way down the list. Right now, that means the last spotlight thread will start in mid-September. I am taking the list from capretta's carefully maintained roster, so if you are not on that list, make sure to get on it if you want to be part of the spotlight threads.

What if I don't want to be in the spotlight?

That's OK. Just PM me to let me know. Or just don't answer any questions when your thread comes around.

We are going on the default assumption that people who have signed up on the roster are interested in talking with the rest of us and getting to know each other, but if you don't feel comfortable answering a bunch of questions on a public forum, that's perfectly OK.

What if someone doesn't answer?

This is one of the advantages of having so many people. With 5 people in the spotlight each week, chances are good that at least a few of each group will be able and willing to answer questions.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#2 of 18 Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Questions to get us started:

What does your MDC user name mean? How did you choose it?

What are some causes / charities / etc. that are important to you?

Do you like to read? What are a few of your favorite books? (Either all-time faves, or ones you have read lately.)

What are your favorite guilty (or perhaps not so guilty) pleasures?

If you could take a one-month trip anywhere in the world, price no object, where would you go?

What were you like as a teenager? If you could go back in time, what would you tell your teenage self?

How do you think your background and childhood influence the way you approach parenting?

If you already have older children, tell us a little bit about each of them. If you are a first time mom, tell us what you are most excited about when it comes to starting a family.

#3 of 18 Old 05-02-2011, 08:16 AM

What is your favorite, quick go to recipe?

Coffee or Tea?

Do you plan to go grey with grace or dye?

Do you watch TV, what is your favorite show? 

Soup, salad, sandwich - pick two and what type. 

Summer or winter? 

Do you sing in the car? Only when you are alone or when you are with others?

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#4 of 18 Old 05-02-2011, 10:31 AM

user name: means from Virginia Tech to Penn State because thats where i had just moved when i found mothering.

Charities: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation--2 of my sorority sisters have JD, one child of my midwife does as well.

Books: I love to read all sorts of things

guilty pleasure: icecream

Trip: Thailand

Teenager: follow your heart/ true passions....even if not seen as modern "success"

Background: too complicated to tell, haha

Older kids: 18 month old son, Cuter every second, beautiful, silly, etc...prob. what every mom thinks of their kids. He loves animals and doing things himself.

Recipe: Quinoa Salad!

Coffee

Go grey

I like to watch house and glee on Hulu, i love its always sunny whenever it is on.

Tomato soup and grilled cheese--comfort food from childhood =)

Summer

Sing in the car at all times, haha

Thanks for reading!

#5 of 18 Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM

I tend to use the same user name on all internet forums.  The name Leiahs dates back to about 10 years ago, when I was first venturing into online gaming with my DH.  We were playing Diablo II, and my character was a bow-wielding amazon.  My first pick would have been Shaiel, named after a character from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy book series, but it was unavailable.  There was a rumor at that point of a future feature in the game that would temporarily make your name appear to be spelled backwards.  So, I spelled Shaiel backwards, and got Leiahs  (I pronounce it like Princess Leia, with an S on the end).  It was accepted.  When I first joined a forum to find other people to play with, I used my character name for my forum name, so people would recognize me in-game.  And although the rumored feature never came about, the name just stuck.  I got used to being addressed as Leiahs online.  So there you have it!

What are some causes / charities / etc. that are important to you?

I follow anti-circumcision movements pretty closely, and contribute monetarily when I can.  I was absolutely ambivalent about circumcision until I was pregnant with my first boy.  I read a little bit, but ended up asking my DDC from my first baby what their thoughts were.  One woman was brave enough to send me a PM with *exactly* her thoughts on the subject, and they were the strongest and firmest I've ever seen or heard.  She led me here to MDC's Case Against Circumcision board, and I've been hooked on the issue ever since.

I'm not heavily involved, but I also like to follow anti water fluoridation movements as well.

And then there's typical "crunchy" related stuff, like natural childbirth/midwife rights/breastfeeding that are all very important to me.  The midwife who attended my first homebirth/previous birth in Maryland is facing criminal charges right now, and I'm following the support for her very closely.  And now that I'm in CO and only direct-entry midwives do homebirths, I'm trying to get involved in supporting the legislation to allow them access to things like pitocin, to make births safer when emergency measures are needed. 

Do you like to read? What are a few of your favorite books? (Either all-time faves, or ones you have read lately.)

I'm sort of in a reading slump right now (well, I'm in an everything slump - I don't do any of my hobbies, just check the internet and watch TV in my free time... sad!!).  But I do love to read when I'm in the mood for it.  My favorite genre is fantasy, and lately I've really been enjoying Young Adult books.  For the past 3 years, since I first discovered her books, Shannon Hale has been my favorite author by far.  I've read all of her books, and re-read many of them, and they're all so magical and happy.  If I were to pick a starting place with her books, I'd recommend either The Goose Girl (first in a series of stories following the various characters), or Princess Academy.  They're all books I'm eager for my daughter to read in a few more years!  Other than Shannon Hale, I love to read the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (as I mentioned above), and have also loved the Hunger Games trilogy.  The first book that drew me into fantasy (and sci-fi) was Ender's Game. 

Any sort of sweets.  My mom always told me if I didn't learn to control my sweet tooth when I was young, it would catch up to me when I was older.  It's so true.  I have no will-power, and over the past several years have sort of trained myself to "need" chocolate or some other candy or ice cream whenever the kids were stressing me out.  Not a good course of action.  I've been getting better (being unemployed for a long period of time and not having income for candy can help with that), but if it's in the house or sitting in front of me, I still have practically no restraint.

My not-so-guilty pleasures include watching old TV series with my husband after the kids are in bed.  :)

If you could take a one-month trip anywhere in the world, price no object, where would you go?

I've never had a really strong desire to travel the world, but I would *love* to see and hike Southern New Zealand, especially the fjords and mountains right near the ocean.  That's probably to be blamed on watching Lord of the Rings.  ;)

What were you like as a teenager? If you could go back in time, what would you tell your teenage self?

Pretty much a goody-two-shoes.  I rarely went out socially, had just a few close friends, had a steady boyfriend in a pretty darn innocent relationship, followed the rules, got straight A's, and liked to keep to myself.  I think the only thing I would tell myself would be that I was NOT going to end up marrying my boyfriend (ah, so naive), so I might as well forget about him and get to know some other people, too.  Maybe if I had put myself out there more as a teen, I wouldn't still be quite so alarmingly introverted.

How do you think your background and childhood influence the way you approach parenting?

I pretty much hated the way my parents raised me.  There was a lot of yelling, guilt-tripping, crying, fighting, and often spanking.  Our "talks" were never comforting, but always did more to make me feel guilty and ashamed and hateful towards my parents.  I never ever had a good relationship with my mom.  We basically only talk a few times each year ever since I moved out of state, and it seems like neither one of us really care.  But anyway, I do my best to NOT parent like that, though I often fail.  I'm definitely a yeller with my kids when I get stressed out, and I hate it.  It's so hard to change.  But I feel fairly successful in that when I sit down to talk with my kids after I've lost my temper, I focus on the positive, and apologizing to them, and trying to make things better, and I think they know how much I love them, and they are always affectionate to me after those talks.  My husband's parents are much better examples of good parents than mine are, so I try to take hints from them whenever I can. 

If you already have older children, tell us a little bit about each of them.

My daughter, Melinda, is 7.5 years old.  She's amazingly outgoing, crazily energetic (while being slightly  clumsy and careless, which means she's often covered in bruises), loves horses to death, is great at helping around the house, loves babies to death (I'm a little worried about this coming baby - DD can be a little smothering at times!)... She loves loves loves school and loves to give people gifts (like drawings, bracelets, ect.).  She gets along with boys just as easily as with girls.  She never seems to get nervous, and always seems confident.  But she's also very stubborn and likes to do things *her* way.

My son Jacob is 5.5 years old.  He's always been sensitive and cuddly.  Little things can set him off easily, and he adjusts to new things very slowly and often with a lot of tears.  I think he's more of an introvert, like me.  He took almost 3 months to adjust to Kindergarten (half-day), but now that he's adjusted does very, very well.  He just started to learn to read last summer before school started, and picked up on it lightning fast.  He's now reading better than most of the kids in my daughter's 1st grade class.  He also memorizes extremely well, which seems like an amazing skill to me.  He loves video games and Star Wars and Lego and weapons, and still has that rough 'n tumble boy quality to him despite all the sensitivity.  

My son Alex is my surprise baby.  Surprise pregnancy, April Fool's birthday, 10lb 10oz (a full 2lb bigger than my previous two).  He learned to crawl at 5mo, walk at 8mo, and was climbing all over everything before his first birthday.  He never does quite what I expect him to.  He likes to act like the big kids, but still insists he's a baby (and doesn't want to be out of diapers yet, sigh).  I weaned him not long after his 2nd birthday because I just desperately felt like I needed a break and to have my body to myself again, and he wasn't thrilled.  He took to holding my earlobe instead of snuggling my breast at bedtime, and it quickly turned into a full-time habit.  I thought it would be a short phase, but he will go for my earlobe every time he's within arm's reach of it, even now a year later.  It was cute for a couple months, now it's a severe annoyance, and he's slowly learning that the earlobe is only for bedtime.  In his bed.  ;)  He's definitely possessive of me (he calls me "MY mommy", and screams when older brother and sister dare try to cuddle with me.  I'm more than a little worried that he'll have a very hard transition when the new baby comes, and that will be a new experience for me.  DD and DS1 both took to new babies so easily and happily.

Cheeseburger Macaroni (like a really good homemade Hamburger Helper) I got from a cooking blog.  My daughter dubbed it "Mackadacky", and we have it pretty regularly.  The whole family enjoys it.  Recipe here!

Coffee or Tea?

Don't drink coffee, and only tolerate tea medicinally.  I'm a hot chocolate gal!

The plan has always been to grey with grace.  But I have to admit I find myself slightly freaking out about how many grey hairs I've been finding over the past year, and they keep getting more numerous (and I'm only 30!!!). I've never dyed my hair before, so I'm hoping I'll keep sticking to my guns.  I always admire women who wear their hair color naturally.

We don't have any TV service.  We mainly watch shows through our computer on hulu.com (conveniently hooked to our TV) and Netflix.  We've really enjoyed watching LOST, Veronica Mars, and Ugly Betty over the past year.  Things we try to keep current on through the computer are The Office, Castle, and Glee.  Previously we've loved Dollhouse and Firefly, as well.

Soup:  Potato and Leek soup, with *plenty* of cheese melted in.  Mmmmm.
I think my second pick is salad, and only because years of brown-bagging lunches sort of ruined sandwiches for me, unless they're super fancy.  I like a salad with everything on it:  Mixed greens, hard boiled eggs, grated carrots, sunflower seeds, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, grated cheese, croutons, baby shrimp, chow mein noodles... you get the picture.  I most often opt to top it with Ranch dressing.  Every now and then I go for Thousand Island or a vinaigrette. 

Summer or winter?

Summer, mostly because I can leave the house without putting on an additional hundred items of clothing and shoes on myself and my kids before I walk out the door.  I love just slipping on some sandals and heading out.  The heat is often overwhelming for me, but I love getting outside and playing/walking/hiking.  Winter can be fun and beautiful, but I wish it didn't come with so many needed accessories.  ;)

Around my family, I sing whenever I want, definitely including in the car, and cleaning, and bedtime.  Around people I'm less comfortable with, I don't like to single myself out.  I do sing in our church choir, and I've been told I have a very nice voice, but I don't like a lot of attention, so singing isn't usually my first choice with casual friends.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#6 of 18 Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Do you have any favorite blogs you read?

Sweet or savory for breakfast?

Small town life or big city? Do you long for the other if you live in a small town or big city?

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#7 of 18 Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

bump.gif

VTtoPSUmama, blowkiss.gif for your support of JDRF. Have you ever thought of doing one of the bike rides? I was actually looking at it this year, but with the pregnancy, it's just too touch to think about making all the arrangements and taking a chance that I'll be up for a 100 mile ride in the middle of summer.

Leiahs, that's so awful about your former midwife. Ugh. I'm sure she appreciates your support.

#8 of 18 Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 AM

I didn't know about the JDRF bikeride! That would be fun. We usually just raised lots of money for them.

Blog: fat free vegan kitchen (im not vegan but these recipes are awesome for eating veggies!), nourished kitchen

Breakfast: depend on the day really, i like both

Life: small town/ "tribal village" is where i found myself and i love it! 

#9 of 18 Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say that I didn't forget that this is my week... I'm just super behind!  =)   I'll try to pop in and answer questions as I can though! 

RN-BSN student mama to my wildchild, DS, 6 bouncy.gif....with twin boys on the way October 4, 2011!

#10 of 18 Old 05-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Melinda- I loved hearing about your kiddos!

Question for all: Do you craft? What kinds of things do you like to craft?

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#11 of 18 Old 05-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Sorry I'm being slow about getting back to this.  I keep finding that a have enough time to *read* the threads here on the DDC, but not really enough time to answer them.  Maybe once summer rolls around I'll be slightly less busy?  I hope?  lol.

I have a Google Reader chock-full of subscriptions.  I always look forward to posts from Sorta Crunchy, and the cooking blog I linked to earlier, Cooking During Stolen Moments.  For sewing, MADE is always brimming with bright and colorful inspiration, and I love hearing from my favorite author (including updates about her baby twins), Shannon Hale.   Most of the rest of my blog reads are family blogs, or related to crafts for kids or digital scrapbooking.

Savory.  I certainly don't mind some sweet - like the occasional donut or cinnamon roll, or waffles, but I absolutely cannot mix the two flavor varieties.  DH's family LOVES peach jam with sausage, but just thinking of it makes me want to vomit.  DH also puts syrup on his eggs (and has gotten my kids to do it, too), but again - it's horrible to me.  I can do waffles on one side of the plate and eggs on the other, but I hate it when the egg touches the syrup.  Gross!!  But in the end, it really feels like a good breakfast to me if it's been savory. 

Small town life or big city? Do you long for the other if you live in a small town or big city?

I am very much NOT a big city person.  I like smallish towns best, where I can learn all the back roads to get various places, or walk to my destination, and enjoy a quaint little old/downtown area.  I dislike the business of big cities, the one-way streets, the paid parking wherever you go.

Do you craft? What kinds of things do you like to craft?

I go in spurts.  I sew, but not regularly.  (In fact, the last time I sewed anything was Christmas time.  Unless you count altering a maternity swim top the other day.)  I like relatively quick projects best, something that can be started and completed in a few days or less.  I've always liked being able to get to an end product fairly quickly.  I mostly like to sew things for my kids.

I don't know if it's necessarily "crafty", but I also like to do digital scrapbooking through Photoshop.  It's creative without being messy.  ;)

If I could pick one dream crafty skill to have instantly, it would be knitting.  I did learn how to crochet when I was a teenager, but I find I appreciate the knitted looks so much better, and I'm often envious of all the adorable sweaters and things that I see people making for their babies and kids.  Someday I need to learn!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#12 of 18 Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM

There really isn't a meaning behind it.  It was my best attempt at creativity, I was actually just trying to choose something that I would remember and that wouldn't have already been taken.

I love to read, but lately only read textbooks (full-time student) and books for information.  I had a huge addiction to parenting books when my DS was young- I think I've read damn near every attachment/ positive parenting book on the market =)  But after awhile I started making myself feel guilty for not being able to be the "perfect" parent (I've got that type of personality), so I've backed off on them this time around. 

Thinking about it now... I can honestly say I don't remember the last fictional book I've read just because (unless you count the first Harry Potter or Mouse and the Motorcycle, both of which I just finished reading to DS).  I'm going to have to look into some of your recommendations over my summer break coming up in a couple months!

Reading tabloid magazines (but only in the checkout line) and people.com religiously, lol.  Much too much time on Facebook. 

Somewhere tropical- redface.gif I guess I'm a little materialistic like that.

I was given way too much freedom and really didn't think about my future at all- I was a bit out of control.  I would tell myself to make school my first priority (I had been a straight- A student until high school then decided that my social life was much more important),  to go directly to college and to not let the social aspects of college life distract me.  I'd tell myself to quit worrying about what other people thought and that almost none of the people from high school would be important to my adult life.

I had a pretty dysfunctional upbringing and so I'm constantly trying to make sure I'm not like my parents were.  I stress over it way too much actually... 

If you already have older children, tell us a little bit about each of them. If you are a first time mom, tell us what you are most excited about when it comes to starting a family.

My son is the most amazing thing ever.  He is a six year old ball or energy from the time he wakes up (never past 7:30 winky.gif) until the time he falls asleep.  He is smart, stubborn, and strong-willed.  He loves being the center of attention, being part of the action, and all the typical "boy" stuff.  He loves to rough-house, wrestle, and act macho- but he also has a very sweet and gentle side that he saves for me and his daddy, my ex.  He has already taught me more than anyone or anything will be able to in my lifetime.

RN-BSN student mama to my wildchild, DS, 6 bouncy.gif....with twin boys on the way October 4, 2011!

#13 of 18 Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodge View Post

Spaghetti noodles with pasta sauce and ground hamburger.  Lol.  Pathetic, I know.   I am a terrible cook.  In fact, my pasta sauce isn't even homemade!  blush.gif It is a goal of mine to work on my cooking skills over the summer though, before these babies come! =)

Coffee or Tea?

Tea, although I go through coffee phases when I'm not pregnant.

Dye

The only thing I ever watch on TV is House, which I love!  I watch movies with DP occasionally, too.

Soup: broccoli and cheese or creamy potato Salad: Caesar 

Summer or winter? 

Hmm, I like both but if I have to choose, I guess summer, because I live where the winters are long and drawn out.

Yes, I do, but only with the radio blaring.  Alone and with others. =)

#14 of 18 Old 05-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

I've actually never gotten into reading/ following blogs.

Sweet, for pretty much any time.

I've always lived in small towns, but like the idea of big city life.  I think I'd like the hustle and bustle of it all, but would also need a quiet, remote place to get away to regularily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post

Question for all: Do you craft? What kinds of things do you like to craft?

No, not at all... I'm not artistically talented in any form. 

Gosh, I'm starting to sound kind of dull!!! =)

#15 of 18 Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Starlit, you don't sound dull, you sound busy. smile.gif Full time school while parenting does not leave a lot of time for hobbies! Where are you in your training? How are you enjoying it?

VTtoPSUmama, your "tribal village" sounds interesting! What makes it feel that way to you?

Leiahs, I am so with you on knitting envy. (Oh, and south NZ is amazing. Excellent choice for a hypothetical vacation, and a real one, too! winky.gif My sister lived there for a year, and at the end of it, I spent a couple of months hiking around the south island with her. It was amazing. The second LOTR movie came out shortly after I got back, and it was so fun to watch and recognize lots of the scenery.) Are you planning to sew anything for the baby?

#16 of 18 Old 05-07-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Leiahs, I am so with you on knitting envy. (Oh, and south NZ is amazing. Excellent choice for a hypothetical vacation, and a real one, too! winky.gif My sister lived there for a year, and at the end of it, I spent a couple of months hiking around the south island with her. It was amazing. The second LOTR movie came out shortly after I got back, and it was so fun to watch and recognize lots of the scenery.) Are you planning to sew anything for the baby?

I don't know. I'm extremely low on crafty energy by the time evening rolls around (the only real time I can make sewing work for me), and I doubt that will get any better.  I really loved making a quilt for my son last time around, so I might push myself to do that.  If it's a girl, I might surprise myself and get completely crazy with sewing.  I'm sort of drained on boyish things, but I hadn't started sewing when my daughter was a baby!  Off the top of my head, and aside from a potential quilt, I'd probably make some fabric shoes, some custom onesies, maybe some headbands and things - short projects.  ;)

Thanks for confirming my NZ fantasy is worth it.  :)  Maybe for my 15th or something!  As long as I don't have anymore little babies to worry about! 

#17 of 18 Old 05-08-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Thank you so much for letting us all get to know you a little better, mamas.

Come ask a question on next week's thread!

#18 of 18 Old 05-13-2011, 12:40 PM

Wow, I'm so late to the party! 

My username is my name (fancy!) and CPST, because I'm a child passenger safety technician.

The CPST thing is my passion. So many kids are still being hurt or killed in crashes, and many of those injuries or deaths are preventable.

I do like to read. I rarely have time right now. Harry Potter series was fun, favorite authors are Stephen King and Jane Austen.

Guilty pleasure - celebrity gossip blogs

If you could take a one-month trip anywhere in the world, price no object, where would you go? Somewhere in Asia, because I've been craving Thai food, Vietnamese food, Chinese food, etc. Maybe I'd just bounce around on a culinary tour.

What were you like as a teenager? If you could go back in time, what would you tell your teenage self? I was fairly low-key but with a tiny rebellious streak. I'd tell myself I was not fat. Not even close.

How do you think your background and childhood influence the way you approach parenting? My parents were very consistent with discipline, and they were not out to be my best friend. They were role models and I always knew that they meant what they said, whether it was something fun or a promise that I'd be grounded forEVER if I broke a certain rule. I try to follow a similar pattern, because what they did worked for me. Always lots of love, though, even in the disciplinary times.

If you already have older children, tell us a little bit about each of them.  

* Maya is 9, loves to read, plays softball and does gymnastics. She's a comedienne and does silly accents. She's my crafty girl, always making some crazy project. She read an article about hunting poodles recently and now her dearest wish is to save money for a brown poodle she can name Chocolate. Doesn't hunt. Just wants the poodle.

* Hannah is 8 and is just starting to play softball. She seems to have a natural talent for it. She's very dramatic and doesn't do any emotion half-way. She likes to organize things and loves to sing.

* Levi is 5. He's ridiculously silly and when he's excited his eyebrows get so high they look like they'll meld to his hairline. He says he wants to be a cop when he grows up, so I'm supposed to buy him a car, a uniform, and some sunglasses when he gets his driver's license.

*Grant is 4 and he's a snuggler. He loves to ride with grandpa on the tractor. He also makes sure all of the farm cats get their cuddles. Oh, and he's ornery. I can't take a shower without him making mischief. Yesterday he ate almost a whole box of Go-Gurts while I was in the bathroom. Before that, it was a quarter of a sheet cake. He blamed the cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page