We're having a (fill in the blank with gender)? What's everyone having? Post your u/s pics, too, if you can! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2011, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

So what's the news, Sue?  A sister or brother for Fiona?  Can't wait to hear!  thumbsup.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just got back from the u/s!  It's a GIRL! joy.gif

Here she is sucking her thumb!

I20110510103908296.jpg

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Congrats, Amy and Sue!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Well we had our ultrasound and its a BOY!!! I was a little upset at first because I thought I wanted another girl but now I'm totally excited. I am excited ds will have a brother close to his age!! The best part? He already has an attitude... this is the first pic we got:

baby2.jpg

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Congrats to those who have found out!! I cannot believe we are this far along! It really seems like it has just flown by.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Congrats!!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's so amazing to see the ultrasound pics!!!!!! Sue, your baby girl sucking her thumb is the cat's pajamas!!!!!

We'll have the u/s on the 23rd also. I'm not sure what we're having, but I think that maybe it's girl, especially after my super vivid dream of the u/s last night plus all the "in my dreams" baby girl holding last night. But who knows? It's a fifty/fifty chance.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Thanks! It was pretty amazing because we watched as she was working hard to get that thumb in her mouth. I was so happy when she did it... already the proud Mama! DD thought it was pretty amazing too. She said "baby needs milk now Mama." Yep... as soon as she's ready to come out we'll give her Mama milk.

Did any of you with older kids bring them along to the u/s? What was their reaction?

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 05-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

Did any of you with older kids bring them along to the u/s? What was their reaction?

We will be bringing my ds (7 years) to the ultrasound on the 26th. He's super excited to see the baby! We told him that he could be the first to know whether it's a girl or boy so I'm going to have to talk to the tech about whispering to Owen the gender so he's the very first person to know. Hopefully we get a really nice tech!

We did not bring ds to the first u/s (at 7 weeks) because I didn't want to have to explain to him at that moment if the baby was not viable.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 PM

We brought both kids, dd (4) thought it was pretty cool, the tech was great with her and really took the time to show/explain everything. It was past ds's (2) naptime though so pretty much all he did was squirm and try to get down. Dd is still talking about it and loves looking at the pictures we got. One thing I would be sure to do next time is make sure they have seen other ultrasound pictures so they aren't expecting to see a picture of an actual baby, dd was a little disappointed that all she got to see was the black and white kind. ;)

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

Old 05-13-2011, 12:30 PM

It's a girl!  My husband was right.  I was trying so hard not to want one or the other, that I think I would have been just a little disappointed no matter what sex was announced.  

If it was a boy, we would have named it after my dad who has cancer.  We might still do that if we have a boy in the future, but I hope that my dad is around to see that.    Also, my family is a very "masculine" type family, and the granddaughters are outnumbering the grandsons 3 to 1, so my dad would have really liked having another grandson and that would have been fun.  

BUT, I really like our girl name, and I feel like raising a girl will be really fun, and it aligns with what my husband has been expecting, so that's all really neat. 

Most importantly, everything is just as it should be, I've been worrying all week and that's the news I really wanted to hear.   And there's a bonus!  My first ultrasound looked as if they should push my due date back by about a week but they didn't, and I've been worrying that I'll get pressure to induce earlier than I should.  This one shows even later-- 11 days behind my current due date.  I hope that means that my doctor will fold and push the official date back, which gives me some breathing room.  A small thing, but it makes me feel better. 

Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM
~pi

Congratulations, puente!!! joy.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 05-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Congrats on the girl Puente!

I'm jealous of all you mamas finding out now! LOL! We have 12 more days before we find out.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM

Congrats!

We brought my 3yo and he was mainly bored. lol There were some points of interest but he was mainly 'hungry' and wanted to leave. I didn't dare bring the 2yo!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM

another GIRL for us :)

Old 05-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Baby #2 is a girl! our first is a boy so we will have one of each! I am glad because I want three kids altogether, and already having one of each makes less pressure on the 3rd to be the opposite.

We think the name will be Norah Lorraine.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM

We're having a boy! I am completely shocked, I did not see that coming. I was certain it was another girl. 

ETA a profile picture. Isn't he a handsome little lad?!

Ultrasound001res.jpg

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM

Congratulations Snugglebugmom!  Woo boy!!!  jumpers.gif

Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 PM

We found out Thursday that we are having a boy, I was calling it "Dude" from the start while secretly crossing my fingers for a girl but Im really excited to finally find out and get to shopping!

He was not helpful with any other area of the anatomy scan other then the gender part though...silly boy, I have to go back in four weeks to try and get more shots of his heart.

Danglybits.jpg

Danglybitsjpeg.jpg

The tech kept writing funny stuff on the u/s because he would not show her anything else...

Old 05-16-2011, 07:11 PM

We had our ultrasound today, too!  It's definitely a boy.  The technician, of course, couldn't say anything more than it was a guess... but we saw the umbilical cord AND the penis, and it looks just like my 2 other boys looked, so there's no doubt in my mind.  I'm excited to know for sure... but myself, DH, and DD are all a bit disappointed.  We *really* hoped for a girl.  And I have the worst time with boy names (no clue where to even start with this one, I feel like I've used up my good options already!).  But both my boys are very happy! 

Measurements were all pretty much on schedule - aside from a big head (no surprise there, based on my boys so far) and maybe bigger than average limbs, which pushed their averaged due date to Sept. 29 instead of Oct. 5 (I'll be keeping the Oct date for my own sanity, though).  We did see one abnormality on the ultrasound, fluid in the kidneys to measure 5mm, which they called "minimal" for the abnormal side.  They would recommend a follow-up ultrasound in about 6 weeks to see if that has grown at all (which would indicate a problem with the valves that control the fluid level in the kidneys).  This does increase the risk for downs by 3-4% max, but they found nothing else abnormal, and they checked for a lot of stuff relating to downs specifically, so I'm not concerned about that.  I am a bit concerned, however, that this could increase the risk for kidney infections once the baby is born.  It will be something worth watching, I suppose.  Apparently it's only a concern after birth if the fluid level measures more than 10mm.  Normal would be about 2.5mm.  They said it was the most common finding in all ultrasounds, and more common in males than in females.  And in 27 years of practice, they've only had one baby lose a kidney before birth... so it still seems like the chances of a big problem are pretty minimal.  I am trying to decide if I will opt for a follow-up or not. 

Here are some pictures to share!  They sent me home with an entire CD full of all the pictures they took.  I was more than surprised!!  I was also very pleased with how they explained each part of the anatomy they were measuring, and what they were looking for.  It was the most detailed u/s I've ever had!

Baby-4-Ultrasound-009.jpg

Baby-4-Ultrasound-006.jpg

Baby-4-Ultrasound-044.jpg

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM

we have to go back again too, for more pics of brain, face, and heart. She wasn't horribly cooperative either. Didn't help that DS (about 18 months) needed to be ON me the whole time, despite both grandmas and DH being there.

here is a profile pic:

baby girl.jpg

didn't get one to take home of a "money shot" but maybe will when we go in a week.

She is measuring on target by my dates, but they are keeping the original early u/s dates, which is OK by me, since it gives me an extra week in the end.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Our Anomaly Scan with the Perinatologist is June 13. I hope and pray above all else we see nothing but great things on that ultrasound! Finding out the gender, though we'd both love to know when, places a distant second.

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KABB View Post

Our Anomaly Scan with the Perinatologist is June 13. I hope and pray above all else we see nothing but great things on that ultrasound! Finding out the gender, though we'd both love to know when, places a distant second.

Us too! It's so exciting but nerve-wracking.  My husband says, "It's a throw of the dice everytime someone gets pregnant." We are seeing a perinatologist as well. Tey said the ultrasound will take an hour there! That hour will be intense. Please, let everything be okay. Our appointment is next Monday!

signcirc1.gif

Old 05-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Here is our US pic from yesterday at 19wks 6days, she was measuring 19wks1day and all looked good and normal :).

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1db38b3127ccefd7344d7911300000030O00AaN27lq0cM2QPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Knitting mama to Crabby Patty and Lovebug .

Old 05-19-2011, 09:46 PM

Hi everyone.  I'm new here but hope i can just jump in.  I'm having a little girl, due in Oct.  Our scan is booked for next week, but we already know due to a concern over chromosomes.  So as genes don't lie, it's a pink one.  Our other kids are boys, one aged 18yrs and one who's nearly 5 yrs, so we're all thrilled!!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:34 AM
~pi

Congrats, fochaux, akind1, Snugglebugmom, DragonflyMom, Leiahs, mythik, and Meg1971!! joy.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Just had my ultrasound this morning. Its a boy!!! Abel Clark is his name smile.gif

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Had ours yesterday - boy! Didn't like having his picture taken though, so I need to go back in 2 weeks so they can get some more (they didn't get all the measurements they wanted)

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

Old 05-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Congrats ladies!!!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we're having a boy!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for our son (3 yo) who has been telling everyone for two months that the baby is a baby boy! We have pics but they're not great and they're not on a cd. I'll try and scan them later.  The best part is...every body part looked healthy!

signcirc1.gif

User Tag List