Felt baby early and often, now less frequently? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am trying not to worry about this...

This is my second pregnancy and I felt this baby move much earlier than the first time - probably around 11 weeks.  And felt lots of movement.  It has tapered off in the past couple of weeks now - I am 16 weeks and only feel one or two definite baby bumps a day

I read somewhere that when the uterus grows up past the pubic bone you can feel less because the baby is less confined?

Anyone else have this happen?

ETA: I have had an ultrasound and everything looked great, so I'm not *really* worried,....just kind of....

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#2 of 14 Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Well your placenta might have moved upward too which is a good thing but it might be muffling the movements. I felt my first very early and frequent but this one I am feeling only here and there. I have at least one anterior placenta though. Do you know where yours is?

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#3 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 AM

The same thing is happening to me - lots of movement early on, now barely any. I do feel sme, but I really have to pay attention. I know everything's OK, I had an U/S 2 weeks ago. Don't know why this happens, I don't remember if it happened with my others, it's been a long time.

#4 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutucrazy View Post
. I have at least one anterior placenta though. Do you know where yours is?

Oh gosh, I have no idea!

Nice to know I'm not the only one!  As I sit here there are lots of little bumps and rolls happening, so I am feeling less worried  :)

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#5 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 05:01 PM

I am worried. This is number 4 and the quite-est baby I have ever had. I have felt movement only 4 times and I am 19 weeks tomorrow. I have a US scheduled for Thursday - routine, so just waiting..imagining a hundred different reasons. Maybe I have finally lucked out and got a mellow babe? Maybe its twins kicking each other. Or placenta placement. Or...

Glad to hear of others having a similar feeling - or lack thereof.

Julia

#6 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ'sMom View Post

I am worried. This is number 4 and the quite-est baby I have ever had. I have felt movement only 4 times and I am 19 weeks tomorrow. I have a US scheduled for Thursday - routine, so just waiting..imagining a hundred different reasons. Maybe I have finally lucked out and got a mellow babe? Maybe its twins kicking each other. Or placenta placement. Or...

Glad to hear of others having a similar feeling - or lack thereof.

Julia

Ohh, wouldn't it be nice if by the 2nd or 3rd or 4th pregnancy we were free of the worrying?  :(  Please let us know how your US turns out - twins would be amazing!

#7 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Ohh, wouldn't it be nice if by the 2nd or 3rd or 4th pregnancy we were free of the worrying?  :( 

Yes that would be great! This is my 5th and I don't recall this happening before. I felt movement from 11 weeks to about 15 weeks and now for the last two weeks (when I am expecting to feel it) I haven't felt much of anything. I am very freaked out and my next appointment isn't until June 9th so I hope this little one starts kicking harder or something because it is so nice to have that reassurance that everything is ok.

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#8 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 09:07 PM

I got another kick tonight at work. Yeah!!

#9 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 09:58 PM

I have the same thing going on. My last ultrasound, the baby was moving CONSTANTLY, but I couldn't feel much of it. I felt more early, the movements were stronger.
I think there's more fluid in there compared to baby, and my uterus has popped up from the pelvis and isn't squished by my bladder right now.
I'm not worried about it.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#10 of 14 Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 PM

The ultra sound went well. The placenta is anterior - so right against my front, blocking all his little movements. He is also squished right up against it - we could not get a profile look at him...Otherwise my untrained eye thought he looked healthy... will get details tomorrow at MW appointment. 

Thanks for listening.

Julia

#11 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

That is great to hear!  My doctor suspects the same with me.  Having another ultrasound in a week or two to make sure everything is okay.  I just can't wait until this baby is bigger and pummeling my ribs and bladder and I know he/she is fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ'sMom View Post

The ultra sound went well. The placenta is anterior - so right against my front, blocking all his little movements. He is also squished right up against it - we could not get a profile look at him...Otherwise my untrained eye thought he looked healthy... will get details tomorrow at MW appointment. 

Thanks for listening.

Julia

#12 of 14 Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 AM

I'm almost 19 weeks, and not really feeling much movement...this is my first pregnancy and I know that it's common for first-time moms to not feel movement until later, but I was definitely feeling the baby squirm a lot more a few weeks ago. It's making me nervous because it seems like in the last week or I've only been feeling one or two definite movements a day, and have been having at least a few BH contractions every day. I'm trying not to worry, but not being very successful...

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#13 of 14 Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 AM

My placenta is anterior also; funny thing is, I wasn't feeling the baby move as much, then after the ultrasound where we found out she is a girl, she seems to move constantly! How funny is that?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#14 of 14 Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Julia, I'm so glad everything is alright! I have an anterior placenta too, the third time actually so I expected it. At first my boy was moving very little during the ultrasound, which kind of worried me, and then at some point the tech started laughing and when I asked what was up, she said:"The baby keeps bouncing up and down, he won't hold still for a second." Meanwhile I felt nothing, so that completely put my mind at ease. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page