Gear - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 05-17-2011, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

I started looking at tummy tubs last night. I am so getting one of those this time. They look great!

I used a tummy tub with DS when he was a baby and it was awesome. He always slept better when I gave him a tummy tub bath right before bed, since the way they sit in the tub seems to alleviate gassiness. Can't wait to use it again with the next little one!

SAHM to DS (11/09) with a little girl coming in October stork-girl.gif familybed1.gif

#62 of 72 Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View PostAlso, woven wrap Mama's. I don't have access to fabric stores and will likely buy a "real" one. What are your favorite brands. It's a bit overwhelming. I don't even know how to compare the different brands.

I have an Ellaroo and a Storchenweige and love both.  The Ellaroo is more lightweight, while the Storchenweige is more supportive and also a bit wider, I think.  I've found the Storch to be better for my toddler, but the Ellaroo was cooler in the summertime when he was little.  Not sure if you'd have to worry about the heat in Alaska....  Other brands I've heard are good are Neobulle, which I've heard is pretty similar to Storchenweige, and Didymos, which everyone seems to love.  I'm sure there are a ton of other good ones out there, but I don't know anything about any of the others.  There are also gauze wraps, which I've never used, but want to buy one for next summer.

Here's a link to a site with a good bit of info about the Ellaroo, Storchenweige, and Bali Baby gauze wraps .  wrapyourbaby.com/index.htm     and    http://wrapyourbaby.com/blog/choosing-the-right-wrap/ 

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#63 of 72 Old 05-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Thanks! Right now I'm leaning towards getting a Girasol or a Storch.

Last night my friend called and offered us her double BOB jog stroller! Such a score. Her kids have outgrown it and she knew we were looking for one. I'm so stoked because that really was the biggest baby expense we had. Now I can splurge on a nice wrap without guilt! :)

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#64 of 72 Old 05-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I need a new stroller and I think we would like to go for something with larger wheels for the snow.   I wouldn't use it when baby is very little, but then his just older brother will only be 2 and 3 months, so I'm thinking that he could use it when we take a long walk.

I also need a wrap.

I didn't have bouncy seat or anything with my other kids and I'm thinking that I won't get it unless there is a need this time around.   We will play it by ear.

I need a new mattress for the crib.  Horror of horror, we don't co-sleep!  :) :) :) :)   My dh CANNOT sleep with the baby in the bed, and then he tosses and turns and I can't sleep.   So, we have baby right next to the bed for the first while and then Baby goes in a bedroom with a sibling.  Dh gets up and fetches baby whenever he wakes during the night, and strangely enough none of the older kids ever wake up! :)   

#65 of 72 Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMYS View Post

Horror of horror, we don't co-sleep!  :) :) :) :)

We won't be co-sleeping either. We'll have baby in our room (probably in a pack n play) for the first month or so and then we'll move him/her to the nursery in the crib. DH has sleep apnea and flails around a LOT in his sleep (I'm still surprised he's never given me a black eye or anything in his sleep). It would absolutely not be a safe sleeping situation to have a baby in bed with us.

I did co-sleep with my son for almost 3 1/2 years and he still crawls into bed with us some mornings so I have absolutely nothing against co-sleeping..... as long as it's done safely thumb.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#66 of 72 Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Ha, ha, it is NOT horrible to not co-sleep. I did not plan on it, however, every time I would set Pascal down next to us he would wake up and scream, so it was a matter of sleep for us. It was very hard, because it was quite cold when he was born, and you're not supposed to use bedding on the babes, so I was very chilly after the initial sweats. I am hoping to have a cradle next to the bed this time and maybe (maybe?) the rocking motion will help the new baby to stay asleep or content.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#67 of 72 Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 AM

I started cosleeping solely to get some sleep myself! orngbiggrin.gif I was up every hour or so to feed my oldest, and she wouldn't go to sleep in the crib, so after muddling through for two nights I thought:"What the heck," and put her next to me in the big bed. It was strictly born of necessity, but I loved it so much I did it again with my second. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#68 of 72 Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 AM

I think for a lot of people co-sleeping starts out of necessity. With ds I was a single mom and had to go back to work when he was just 3 days old (born on a friday, went back to work monday). I was a nanny so was able to bring him with me, but I needed sleep at night. The best way to get that was co-sleeping.

#69 of 72 Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Steph--wah? Three day weekend? Who were these people???

#70 of 72 Old 05-21-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Steph--wah? Three day weekend? Who were these people???

LOL..... my boss was..... wait for it.... my mom. No joke. And my mom had 7 kids so she knows about the recovery process. And I was still expected to be at work Monday morning. DS ended up not doing too well (jaundice) and needed to get his levels checked every afternoon that first week so I only worked half days for the first week. The second week I was back to full days, 5 days a week, 10ish hours a day. When ds was born my little sister (who I was the nanny for) was 14 months old. When ds was 2 my mom had another baby so I then had a newborn (my brother), my ds (who was 2) and a 3 year old (my sister). Of course, my mom took more than 3 days off work when she had her last baby winky.gif But I still came every day to help out with the kids until her maternity leave was over.

#71 of 72 Old 05-21-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

LOL..... my boss was..... wait for it.... my mom. No joke. And my mom had 7 kids so she knows about the recovery process. And I was still expected to be at work Monday morning. DS ended up not doing too well (jaundice) and needed to get his levels checked every afternoon that first week so I only worked half days for the first week. The second week I was back to full days, 5 days a week, 10ish hours a day. When ds was born my little sister (who I was the nanny for) was 14 months old. When ds was 2 my mom had another baby so I then had a newborn (my brother), my ds (who was 2) and a 3 year old (my sister). Of course, my mom took more than 3 days off work when she had her last baby winky.gif But I still came every day to help out with the kids until her maternity leave was over.

Is this movie out on DVD yet? Because I want to watch it.

#72 of 72 Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Quote:

Is this movie out on DVD yet? Because I want to watch it.

lol.gif  I wish..... maybe I could get some sort of financial kick back from it winky.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page