Chat thread- 5/29-6/4 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 06-04-2011, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

The 2yo has a couple of times seemed to notice my belly and say, "baby growing in there", though today she said its not a baby girl or a baby boy, its a baby cat. (I hope not!)

That is hilarious.

I don't usually take the time to post on here but have been following along for the most part.

Maternity clothes shopping- I haven't had to do much as I have been pg so many times I have most of what i need. I do go to goodwill every several weeks and have found some good things. I got a long jean maternity skirt for $1.50, a pair of slacks for $3 with the tags still on them (they were brand name too but don't remember which brand), a pair of jean shorts too for about $1. It is worth spending the extra time looking around to save that kind of money.

Leave- I nanny, this was a temporary job and I will be done after this week. Money is going to be virtually non existant but I will be home with the kiddos. Dh is on disability so he is here too.

Bith plan- we are having another home birth and my brother will be coming to the birth. He helps with the kiddos if they need anything and is here in case we had to transport. My children love being at the birth (even the little ones) and are really looking forward to it. Even my 2 yr old talks about how she will get to swim with boo when she comes out of my tummy:).

AFM- I had my 20 wk us yesterday and everything looks good for now. the placenta is a little low but not over the opening at all. baby was breech but not for the entire appt. she was spinning circles in there. My mw appt. was this morning and all is good for now so that makes me happy. I am hopeful and starting to get excited about this little one. We don't typically have the u/s and have never found out this sex but we did this time and we are having a girl!!! I was sure it was a boy so I am in shock but this is great. Of course I would have been happy either way but this makes our room situation so much less complicated as we can have 3 boys in 1 room and 2 girls in the other.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 05:59 AM

emmaegbert..that sounds ideal...I wish we had family close like that- I would def love to give my kids the option to be a part of the birth, but be able to back out when they need to :)

Our closest family is in Newfoundland almost 3000km away :(

although

Katicao... we are hoping to move back to Nova Scotia before Christmas....I would be over the moon!!!!

Just a ferry ride away!!!! WOOT!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#63 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 08:42 AM
~pi

Re: partner leave, my DH will get two weeks fully paid, I believe. We should check into that.

Then later, since I won't be able to take advantage of it, he might take up to 35 weeks of partially paid parental leave if/when I start a new job in a new city. I worry that it would be isolating for him (especially if we move to a place where he doesn't yet speak the language, a very real possibility) and it will hurt financially (he makes more now than I would make there), but we have agreed that it would really help our family during that transition to have a SAHP temporarily. Plus he took 4 months with DS and really enjoyed it, so would like to take some leave this time, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

The 2yo has a couple of times seemed to notice my belly and say, "baby growing in there", though today she said its not a baby girl or a baby boy, its a baby cat. (I hope not!)

lol.gif

Initially, DS insisted that the baby would either be a little sister or a big brother. I don't think so, kid.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#64 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 AM

DD likes to cup her hands and hold them near my belly and say that she is holding baby sister. Cute! Yesterday she took her toy phone and rubbed it all over her belly and said, "I'm listening to my heartbeat!" then she took a wash cloth and wiped her belly off. Can you tell she's been coming to my prenatal appointments!

I would actually love for DD to be at the birth. I'm not sure if it would stress her out or not. If the time of day is right I'm hoping she can be there with my mom and leave if she needs to. She was with me at my sisters birth when she was a year old. It was in the middle of the night and I couldn't believe she wasn't fussy. She just sat on my lap and soaked it all in. It was an amazing home birth right after Christmas with only the lights of the Christmas tree on. I can't wait to tell the girls about that when they are older! I think that makes for a pretty special cousin bond!

I would like to prepare her a bit once we are closer to my due date. Are there some good videos that show birth that I can show her?

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#65 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM

After Mass this morning our pew-neighbor (we sit in the same pew every week, and so do most other regulars), sat down right next to me for a second, patted my arm and said:"Congratulations! I didn't realize you were pregnant, when are you due?"
So I guess I am officially showing! It wasn't until I was home again that the thought occurred to me that I could have said:"What do you mean? I'm not pregnant. What are you implying?"  mischievous.gif  lol.gif

She's so nice though, she'd be mortified and then I would be too. It's only funny in theory. Or when someone is just a mean nasty person, and you don't mind making them feel bad, I suppose. I don't really know any of those though. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#66 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I've been getting that at Mass also, snugglebug mom. Someone actually asked me on Easter though, before I was really showing much, because I was wearing a maternity dress I suppose. I only did that "what do you mean?" joke once, when I was due imminently. Then it was funny, but I agree, now would be rather mortifying for all parties...

Ugh, I'm exhausted. DH's school does not do grades, they do "evaluations"--which is a detailed, page-long review for each student for the term. Since he is a writing/humanities teacher, it is especially important for his to be articulate. Also, they do not give extra time for teachers to do these. In fact, they happen right when teachers must also teach an end of the year class of their choosing (dh is doing Moby Dick and taking the kids all over the map to go whale watching, sailing, whaling museum visiting, even harpoon throwing while being towed by a motor boat. My dh welded and built a "regulation" length steel harpoon. Oh yes, he's nuts.) Anyway, he's really under a ton of pressure and has been at work almost non-stop, which means I have no breaks! And guess what, I'm working too! People forget I'm working since I work from home, but I really am. And mothering, and supposedly keeping order in the house. Blah. Ventilicious.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#67 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 05:04 PM

I've been getting that a lot (and I don't think I look that pregnant IMO).  I've been very surprised because (1) I never, ever ask and (2) I'm overweight, so it's pretty risky I think.   But, my mass experience today involved meeting a 5 year old girl named Jaci for the first time.  And the first thing she said to me was, "You're going to have a baby!"  So maybe I really do look exactly and precisely pregnant.

#68 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 05:59 PM

New clothing website find: http://www.rebornmaternity.com All gently used maternity wear at bargain prices. Thought I would share.

#69 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Oh that site is great!! They only ship in the US, that's too bad...We need one like that in Canada! 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#70 of 74 Old 06-05-2011, 08:04 PM

rosmary- thanks for the link!!! I just realized today I think I am going to have to buy large maternity shorts....uggg. I only own 2 pairs of large pants that I usually wear in the last month. I don't know why my mediums are tight. I tried to explain to dh that I am the same weight I was at this point with the last couple of babies and he said... "no you're not you look a lot bigger". Um yeah thanks honey.

I have been obviously showing for a long time now. My favorite though was when someone I hardly know at my boys school asked how much longer I had (this was a few weeks ago) and I said oh about 23 wks. She just about died.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#71 of 74 Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

rosmary- thanks for the link!!! I just realized today I think I am going to have to buy large maternity shorts....uggg. I only own 2 pairs of large pants that I usually wear in the last month. I don't know why my mediums are tight. I tried to explain to dh that I am the same weight I was at this point with the last couple of babies and he said... "no you're not you look a lot bigger". Um yeah thanks honey.

I have been obviously showing for a long time now. My favorite though was when someone I hardly know at my boys school asked how much longer I had (this was a few weeks ago) and I said oh about 23 wks. She just about died.

I was at the firehall last week to gather some information and I got a call the next day from them saying that they thought they had better call me back right away because I was about to have a baby any day now....OUCH...not even half way there yet!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#72 of 74 Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 AM

Oh saoirse. They weren't kidding? Well, it just shows that people forget what a woman who really IS about to have a baby looks like. I tried to post a picture of myself in early labor just to remind us all that we aren't there yet! We'll amaze even ourselves.

#73 of 74 Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 AM

Well this afternoon a Couple of moms on my block asked me when I was due... When I told them end oct they gasped
"wow I looked like that at the very end" and that came from a woman with three lo
But on the other hand her youngest is a little small
But it has me a little worried combined with the fact that I am not feeling much movement
Started thinking excess fluid which led to 4am googling
Came up with scary things as all googling does
Thankfully I have my ultrasound in2 days....
It is 5am now and I have to get up in 45 min greensad.gif

#74 of 74 Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 AM

Oh, gosh, saorise. Hugs to you! Nobody should say that kind of thing! We should all get together and write a book and have it published and mass marketed about pregnancy etiquette.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page