Is there anyone else that will not know boy/girl until we see it with our own eyes???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my first time not finding out....I am soooo excited!!!!!!!!!

We are past our u/s so no chance of finding out boy/girl until we see it (penis or vulva)!!!!

I was hoping to share this excitement with other mommas who will not know until the day :)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#2 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 AM

We had our ultrasound yesterday, and decided not to find out. We'll have one more ultrasound, and hopefully we'll get through that one without catching an eyeful. Haha. Our DS's gender was a surprise until birth as well - we just prefer not to know!

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#3 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM

We're not finding out either!  Not finding out has been pretty easy though, because we're not getting any u/s.  I don't think I would have the willpower to *know* that I COULD find out with an u/s but not do it, so I admire you both!

We are really excited for the whole surprise, and are looking forward to finding out everything at once- sex, personality, hair/skin/eyes (we are also an interracial couple and can't wait to see the mixture of each of us in our baby). 

Saoirse, I definitely share your excitement!!!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#4 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 11:50 AM

We didn't find out with this baby or with our son. It is the most amazing thing ever and it is fun to play the guessing game for the whole pregnancy.  The way I rationalized it was that as a parent, you have to accept that you can't control (every)things so why not start with the most amazing surprise??

#5 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM

We are waiting until the birthday and I am very excited!!

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#6 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 01:56 PM

we did find out this time but the last 5 times we did not. I think it is soooo exciting waiting until the birth. Also it drives people nuts and I kind of enjoy that.

We had several reasons for finding out this time bonding being a big part of it and am glad that I did as I was really having trouble attaching to this lo and this has helped. If I we were to have another baby we probably would not find out but who knows. The big surprise is great!!! How exciting for you.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#7 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 03:48 PM

We will not find out. I did not with my second. (This is my third.) I think its exciting to wait and see, and I also don't expect to do a routine 20w ultrasound, though I might possibly still schedule one (will be after 20w).

I already have  a boy and a girl, so I don't even think I've got any secret (or unsecret) wishes one way or the other...

dissertating mom to three

#8 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Had our ultrasound today, and planned on finding out...but baby was not up to being an exhibitionist....so we're officially in the "Will-Be-Surprised-at-Birth" club.  DH and I were talking about it on the way to the hospital and I was saying that this time, even though I'd like to know, I'd be totally fine with not knowing, too.  Guess baby heard me.  Right now I'm feeling like it kinda makes the birth all that more exciting.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#9 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
~pi

IME, even with multiple u/s it's possible to keep it a surprise. We didn't find out with DS, even though I was up to 3 u/s per week by the end. (Lots of medical intensity due to underlying health issues.) I just told the techs we didn't want to know, and they kept it unknown to us.

Have fun with the surprise, all! I like knowing this time, but I also liked not knowing last time. It's fun to have that surprise at birth. thumb.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#10 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 06:47 PM

This is my fourth and I have never found out! With my third, I had 3 u/s(possible kidney issues) and each time told them not to tell us, with this one I'll be having at least a second one (marginal previa) and I'm dying to find out, it's so hard not to! When I had the first u/s a few weeks ago, you could plainly see what was *not* between it's legs!! I'm trying to decide. It is fun to drive people crazy, but I feel like if anyone else says it's hard to be prepared if you don't know, I'm gonna scream. That's a really stupid comment and I get sick of hearing it! Like parents were never prepared years ago bc they didn't know the sex...

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#11 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 08:35 PM

We didn't find out last time and we're not finding out this time, either! It's so exciting *not* to know. I think it keeps the whole unknown mystery of the process intact and it's such a lovely surprise when you've finally finished laboring and pushing. Dh noticing and telling me that we had a daughter was easily one of the most lovely moments of my life. DD is going to help announce the baby's sex this time and we're all really looking forward to it. 

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#12 of 16 Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Same boat as Amy May. We are not finding out but it isn't as hard b/c we opted out of an u/s. I'm really excited about not knowing until the birth. I knew with my son and it was nice since he was the first but I think I much prefer things being a surprise. It does drive everyone crazy though!!! Bwahahhahahahahahaha! (insert evil laugh).

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#13 of 16 Old 06-13-2011, 09:27 AM

We're in the no peeking club! It was kind of tough not to look during the u/s, but the tech was careful to tell us to cover our eyes whenever identifying bits might've been on display. We are really excited to have it be a surprise, but I'm a little nervous too...we are kind of hoping for a girl, but of course we will be happy with a boy too...I guess maybe I'm just nervous that I might be disappointed if it's a boy, if that makes sense? And I'm starting to be convinced that it is a boy, because EVERYONE is telling me it is...not like they have a direct line to my womb or anything, but still, I can't help wondering if they're right. I do love that it drives everyone else nuts to not know (it's our preference not to know, but it's also part of our master plan to avoid getting avalanches of gifts that are all either bright pink and glittery or emblazoned with trucks and guns). And yeah, what's with the "you won't be prepared for anything if you don't know what it is!" comment? Um, it's still a baby either way...a baby that will eat, sleep, and poop regardless of gender. 

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#14 of 16 Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 PM

We haven't found out...but not because we didn't want to!

I did the intelligender test a while ago (around 12 weeks.) It said boy. But then...we went for an ultrasound, and the baby would NOT hold still long enough for us to really find out. The tech said that she

*thinks* she caught a glimpse of a Girl..but not to go painting any rooms pink or buying any little girl clothes.

So now i'm stumped! If I had to go with just my *gut* feeling, i'd say girl, but only because the symptoms of this pregnancy are so vastly different than that of my two boys.

DH is dying of suspense, and wants to go for a 3d ultrasound. We might...i haven't really decided.

I wouldn't mind so much just waiting to see, but it's killing him.lol

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#15 of 16 Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM

My symptoms this time are totally different from my first 3 pregnancies, which were girls, but the u/s looks like a girl. I was sure it was a boy with things feeling so differently! I have just put it down to Mother Nature giving me an easy, last, old-timer pregnancy. I have enough stress with teenagers right now to have morning sickness lol I guess at the end we'll find out, and make sure those of us in this situation let everyone know we're one of those with an extra-different pregnancy. Then we can form opinions on whether that makes a difference and pass it on to the younger generations when we're old ladies :)

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#16 of 16 Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is my third and I always wait for the big surprise. I think its incredibly fun and exciting to wait!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page