weepy and emotional - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-10-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This weekend is my oldest daughter's 16th birthday. Tomorrow is her Sweet Sixteen party. I feel like falling apart...so emotional and my wee bald baby is now almost grown up!! All you moms with only little kids and first-time moms, believe me it goes by SO FAST, life is so busy, and the day-to-day living is just gone in the blink of an eye. When you hear old people say kids grow up so fast, it's really true. It doesn't feel so long ago I was feeling her hiccups inside me, in labor with her, and pushing her out and nursing her and rocking her and watching her sleep. omg :( Treasure every minute you can!!

And then I think I have this to do again in 18 months, and again in 9 years, and again a little over 16 yrs from now LOL

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#2 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 12:21 PM

I was just thinking how freakishly fast my daughter went from 6 to very nearly 8, now.  Like, where on earth did those 2 years go?!?  And if that's how fast it goes with a young child, how much faster will it feel once she's growing into her teens??  At any rate, I believe you.  I swear time speeds up with every year that passes, until suddenly a year seems like a month or two at best.  Definitely a good reason to savor those little short moments with a brand new baby.  Before you know it, they're walking, talking, going to school...

Sigh.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#3 of 5 Old 06-11-2011, 04:01 PM

OP, I know how you feel. My oldest just graduated high school greensad.gif . It goes by VERY fast!

#4 of 5 Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations on the graduation! My 16 year old is starting school this fall after being homeschooled her whole life, and so is my 8 year old, this year is full of major changes!! Is your new adult child going off to college? A close neighbor's daughter is moving to college in the fall, I can't imagine how she must feel!!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#5 of 5 Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM

No, he has no plans to go to college. He's thinking the military, which DH & I hope he chooses. I'm also sending my girls to school this fall as well. They are 9 & 7, and have never been to sschool. I just can't handle HSing with newborn twins! I hate doing it, but I think they will do great. Mama has her limits!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page