Chat Thread: 6/12-6/18 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 06-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Okay, thanks everyone for the reassurance.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#62 of 69 Old 06-17-2011, 08:41 AM
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rosemary, I think you can hurt yourself that way, but hurting the babe is much less likely. Hope you are less sore today.

So I lost one of the jobs that I had been offered. We'd been going back and forth and I got the final word from them this morning. They don't want to wait while I recover from having the babe. I am bummed, but it's probably for the best. If this is how they deal with this, that's a sign that it isn't as family-friendly an environment as they claim. I do have another offer where they will wait a year, and I would rather work at that place. It's more complicated life-wise and the job is less secure, but it's a great opportunity, so I am grateful to have it. Still need to schedule a good cry sometime this weekend, though.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#63 of 69 Old 06-17-2011, 01:48 PM

Pi, have your cry, but it does sound like it will work out for the best. And how great that they can wait until you are ready to go back! There is just no way we can live on one salary any longer than we have to- we are already since I am not paid now, and won't be all of next year, so I can finish my PhD and take care of all these kids. But I will definitely have to look for work again once I've graduated. I am hoping we can scrape by until fall 2011.

dissertating mom to three

#64 of 69 Old 06-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Aw, Pi. That must have been hard news. I'm really sorry. Good that you have the other offer, but I understand the disappointment.

#65 of 69 Old 06-18-2011, 06:07 AM

Sorry Pi, I hope the other job is everything you want. hug2.gif

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#66 of 69 Old 06-18-2011, 02:41 PM

This is my spring for car incidents. Today I ran through a HUGE pothole in another town where I wanted to go to an antique shop, and when the car was making the thunk thunk sound as I pulled over I knew I'd done something bad to it. So I called DH, who was on a bike ride with our son and our friend Rick. DH told Rick what had happened, and the Rick said he'd call our friend Kaz, who'd used a mechanic in the town where I was. Well, I looked up and there was Kaz and his wife Sarah at that very antique store! I said, "Josh, I can see Kaz right now. I'll flag him down in a minute, looks like he's on the phone." And Josh said, "Yeah, he's on the phone with Rick, go get him!" So It worked out amazingly well; Kaz and Sarah had AAA gold and got me a free tow to our mechanic in our own town and gave me a ride home after looking around the antique store, since they live around the corner from us! So, it's going to be expensive to do all the work that we need done on our car, but somehow I felt very blessed and looked out for, considering the way it could have turned out.

#67 of 69 Old 06-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Bummer Pi! I hope you will love the other job!

I spent the morning sorting through baby clothes! It's been really fun remembering my DD wearing the various things. So far I've sorted 0-6 months. We need to sort and organize all the clothes through size 3-4 so we have a long way to go. We've gotton tons of hand me downs for DD so I need to deal with her clothes as well as the baby clothes. I aim to get them all labeled in totes so I don't have to keep moving one huge garbage bag to the next as I try to find the next set of sizes for the girls. I'm thankful for the hand me downs but sometimes it can get overwhelming. I recently got a bunch of things for DD is sizes 5 and 6! She's 2! I just passed the whole lot onto another friend with an older child because I couldn't deal with it. It will come back around to us at a more appropriate time!

Tonight we are heading to a friends wedding reception. They got married in Hawaii where her family is from so it should be really fun!

Now I'm off to try to nap with my girl. I'm ready... just not sure she is!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#68 of 69 Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Jane ... Our daughter slept in a drawer that first night!  It was great.  We plonked it on the bed between us and were both able to sleep better knowing that she was secure.  She's been sleeping (not in a drawer) between us ever since. 

Rosemary ... Physical effort itself won't likely injure you or the babe, but if you pull something or do a funky lift, you might feel it more.  Does your belly feel tight? Maybe you're having Braxton Hicks? I'm still lifting my share of 300 pounds or better several times a day at work and I sometimes notice that I get BH shortly after a lift.   If in doubt, put your feet up and drink some water and rest!  There aren't many times in life that we can do that!  Are you feeling better now?

Steph ... Hope all is well and healing with your husband's shoulder. 

Sue ... I just did a massive go-over of all of E's clothes and the various hand-me-downs that have already started to come in.  I passed along all of E's super girly clothes and set aside the stuff that our little guy can wear.  Thankfully, we've always bought E gender-neutral clothes, so we do have a fair amount to keep for our boy.  But all of the grandmas and aunties have always bought E super girly stuff, so we passed that along to others to clear up some space.  Someone lent us 18 newborn size Monkey Doodlez CD, which is very exciting! 

Hykue ... I've got a super little kicker too.  He likes to stomp on my cervix in particular.  I'm looking forward to him flipping around so that he's kicking my ribs instead.  Looking forward to hearing what you're having!

AFM:  Having a hard time keeping up with the DDC.  My apologies! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#69 of 69 Old 06-20-2011, 04:53 PM

lol...I remember my little brother sleeping in a drawer when we lived at my grandmothers house :)

well the midwife said it may take a while to get my u/s results because of the postal strike...I will just have good faith that all is great!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page