Chat Thread: 6/12-6/18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Over here we are enjoying the calm before the storm. DH's shoulder isn't hurting as much (he's on pain meds that are keeping him from hurting too much) and I've managed to semi-organize everything (since we had to take everything out of ds's and Sunburst's rooms and move it into our room and the garage). Thursday is dh's surgery so everything will be crazy after that for a little bit.... so I'm relaxing for the next couple days winky.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#2 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 01:48 PM

just had my midwife appt. 21wks

no results from my big u/s yet but I was given a 1:20,000 chance of downs....I wonder now if she made a mistake-seems like a really big #, my age (42) gives me 1:60-quite the jump!

hb was 140, my bp was 118/70 YIPEE

still showing the first level on the glucose pee test :(

so far everything is still looking good for a homebirth *fingers crossed*

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#3 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 PM

DH is home! He was gone nearly a month and DD and I were thrilled to get him home Thursday night. He didn't have to work Friday so we got a nice long weekend with him! Yeah!

Today I had another ultra sound to get a closer look at baby girls heart. I think they got the views they needed. I still have to hear from my Dr before I'm totally relaxed about the whole thing since the tech couldn't really tell us anything. She was moving like crazy and continues to grow on track so that makes me feel good.  I hope I don't have to wait until next week when my appt is to hear from my Dr...

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#4 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Saoirse- gad your appt went well.

Steph- enjoy the rest while you can.

AFM- I would get a lot more accomplished if I didn't have to sleep all the time. Where is my 2 nd tri energy burst?
My baby leg addiction is still going strong! I have 2 new pairs coming in a few days. Now that I can order girly pairs it is extra exciting! I was so certain it was a boy I had 10 pairs of boy baby leg warmers... Whoops. BabySNAZZ is sooooo awesome! They are letting me exchange all of them! I just sent them off today and will get all girly ones back at some point. I added up the new cost for Insurance purposes and realized that I had spent about $40 for $140 worth! joy.gif
Boo is moving lots and I am really getting attached to her. I am glad because I was worried about that but it scares me too.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#5 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM

StephandOwen- hope the surgery goes well, I'm glad you've got some time to relax beforehand.

saoirse2007- glad everything is looking good for your homebirth!

AKislandgirl- I hope you get good news from the doctor! We had to have an extensive scan of the baby's heart at our u/s...baby was also moving like a maniac and right on track for growth and turns out the heart is fine, so I'm sending good vibes your way!

theboysmama- haha...i love babylegs. My baby is a surprise though so mine are all pretty neutral...still super cute though.

AFM: Acne. Terrible, awful, embarassing acne, like I've never had in my life. I mean, even when I was 15 my skin wasn't nearly this horrible! And it's not just my face, it's my shoulders and back and chest too. Argh. Aside from the craters in my face, I had a great weekend...got the garden all planted, now just racing to get it all fenced before things start sprouting and the elk go on a rampage. We've been sleeping on a futon for months, and finally ordered a new bed, hooray! So hopefully I'll start sleeping better and my hips and back won't be so sore...maybe I'll even have some of that 2nd trimester energy boost everyone talks about. Baby is getting pretty squirmy...so reassuring to feel all those little bumps and kicks and rolls!

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#6 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Somebody dropped off an anonymous bag of adorable girl clothes on my porch today. I was really touched. I wonder who it was.

I have been so busy, I haven't been around much these last few days. My friend from forever (we went to first grade together, then high school, college, and he's even had a few years of living in our house) got married on Saturday. Best wedding ever. It's so great when someone you love and care for finds the right person. stillheart.gif

I am now cooking for three families on Mondays nut.gif For one of the families, it's 3 meals all at once. The other wants just one full meal and the other wants entree, soup, salad, two vegetables, side dish, bread, and dessert. It keeps me busy.

DS felt the baby kick this morning!

Steph, my thoughts are with you and your DH.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#7 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Somebody dropped off an anonymous bag of adorable girl clothes on my porch today. I was really touched. I wonder who it was.

I have been so busy, I haven't been around much these last few days. My friend from forever (we went to first grade together, then high school, college, and he's even had a few years of living in our house) got married on Saturday. Best wedding ever. It's so great when someone you love and care for finds the right person. stillheart.gif

I am now cooking for three families on Mondays nut.gif For one of the families, it's 3 meals all at once. The other wants just one full meal and the other wants entree, soup, salad, two vegetables, side dish, bread, and dessert. It keeps me busy.

DS felt the baby kick this morning!

Steph, my thoughts are with you and your DH.

I can't cook....you just made me soooo hungry mmmmmm soup!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#8 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Oh, the soup I made today you could make. Chilled cucumber soup is just seeded cukes, dill, garlic, yogurt and milk with a little salt and lemon juice.

#9 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Steph - good luck with DH's surgery!

AKislandgirl - I hope all goes well & you have reassuring results on the heart scan

AFM - I found out last week that I have a complete placenta previa guilty.gif  I am really, really, really hoping that I never have any complications, and that it moves out of the way before delivery.  In the meantime, I've been ordered not to have sex and I'm trying to take it easy.  The Dr really didn't tell me much, and the internet is full of not-that-helpful information... either I'll end up with no problems and deliver vaginally or I'll start bleeding and have to go on bed rest and deliver the baby early via c-section. Yikes.  Fingers crossed for no bleeding!

#10 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

dollyanna - I hope you go route A. A friend of mine had a LOT of bleeding & ended up on bedrest. In the end she did have a c-section but it seemed the previa had completely moved. It was stressful for her but turned out well.

afm - add me to those looking for the 2nd tri energy. I seem to be dead exhausted every 2nd day & then feel normal the alternate days. Which means I totally overdo it on the decent days. Dh & I have both been pretty grumpy lately but I think it is mainly 'cause we've just been going hard for 2 months now with the old house & move & new house & all the things that keep springing up. We really need a bit of a break.

Last night ds felt her move! Dh is pretty uninterested in feeling movement - he was the same with ds so it's nice to have someone else who is interested & excited. It was pretty neat to have him feel her before anyone else (except me obviously)!

I've started getting some round ligament pain while doing my cardio. I'm hoping it won't continue 'cause from the little reading I've done it looks like the only "solution" is to rest - sigh. I just can't see that being a viable option. I might try the bike for tomorrow's cardio but I'm not sure how comfortable that will be either with my big belly in the way.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#11 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

no results from my big u/s yet but I was given a 1:20,000 chance of downs....I wonder now if she made a mistake-seems like a really big #, my age (42) gives me 1:60-quite the jump!

hb was 140, my bp was 118/70 YIPEE

Woo! Not sure what's up with those statistics.... it seems like something not even worth mentioning to me (but, then again, my dr has never give me any sort of statistics- maybe that's why I like him so much! LOL! Glad to hear your bp and little one's hb were good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

DH is home! He was gone nearly a month and DD and I were thrilled to get him home Thursday night. He didn't have to work Friday so we got a nice long weekend with him! Yeah!

Yay! Glad to hear he's home!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

My baby leg addiction is still going strong! I have 2 new pairs coming in a few days. Now that I can order girly pairs it is extra exciting! I was so certain it was a boy I had 10 pairs of boy baby leg warmers... Whoops. BabySNAZZ is sooooo awesome! They are letting me exchange all of them! I just sent them off today and will get all girly ones back at some point. I added up the new cost for Insurance purposes and realized that I had spent about $40 for $140 worth! joy.gif

That's awesome that they are doing that for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBruja View Post

AFM: Acne. Terrible, awful, embarassing acne, like I've never had in my life.

This was me at the beginning of the pregnancy. I seriously didn't want to leave the house for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Yay! What an awesome surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post

AFM - I found out last week that I have a complete placenta previa guilty.gif 

I'm sorry grouphug.gif  I know it is possible for it to move up, but I don't have any statistics or anything like that. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that there's no bleeding and it moves out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

I've started getting some round ligament pain while doing my cardio. I'm hoping it won't continue 'cause from the little reading I've done it looks like the only "solution" is to rest - sigh. I just can't see that being a viable option. I might try the bike for tomorrow's cardio but I'm not sure how comfortable that will be either with my big belly in the way.

That stinks. I've been getting it too, mostly on our way back from walking to the grocery store (which we do maybe 3-5 nights a week). Once we get home I get a big glass of ice water and sit down for 5 minutes before doing anything else, and usually it goes away.

#12 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 PM

Steph - Enjoy your little break before DH's surgery, I hope it all goes well! 

Saoirse - Yeah, that your homebirth is still on track!!

Sue - So glad your DH is home! I cannot imagine. 

Nicole - I love babylegs, but DH just gave me so much grief about putting them on a boy, even though the ones we had were boy colors! 

LaBruga - Acne sucks, I have not had it bad, but just get those big under the skin ones from time to time. 

Rosemary - Want to come cook for me?

dollyanna - I too have a complete previa right now. I have actually heard some really reassuring statistics about it moving, so I am doing my best to remain positive and believe it will move. hug2.gif

lifeguard - I too am wondering where the second trimester boost is, I know I had it with DS....

Ok, I think that is everyone, I will check tom morrow when DS is not jumping all over me and causing general mischief winky.gif

AFM - 23 weeks, feeling the little one move a lot some days and less others. I don't feel like I am getting bigger, but I must be because I can tell my uterus has grown. 

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#13 of 69 Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM
~pi

Enjoy the next few days, Steph! All the best to you and your DH for his surgery.

saoirse, hooray for good BP!

Sue, you and DD must be so happy to have him home. How wonderful! Hoping all is well with baby girl and they can get a better look next time. Darn active kids ...

Nicole, I am exhausted, too. I am definitely finding the second tri better than the first (exercise helps me a LOT, and when I'm not so nauseated constantly it's so much easier to get some daily), but I am still struggling to keep up with my ambitious To Do list at work.

LaBruja, I hope it's a temporary hormonal thing and clears up soon. How frustrating. Hooray for a new bed!

Rosemary, congrats to your friend! That is wonderful. Also, that soup sounds amazing. Do you have suggestions of quantities for the winging-it impaired? winky.gif

dollyanna and Poodge, hugs. I hope they move for both of you. That's stressful.

lifeguard, ugh, how frustrating. For what it's worth, in my experience, biking is usually totally fine at this stage. If necessary, you can notch your seat up a little. (Providing you are fine balance-wise.) I am still riding a bunch (though for transportation, not exercise.)

AFM, I continue to find this kid's movement to be frequent, strong and highly nauseating. Every time he kicks it makes me feel queasy. So it's reassuring but also very unpleasant. Lots of work stuff at the moment, too. Still working through job negotiations re: mat leave/start date for potential new job, plus I have to do some extra, unanticipated travel this week. Oh well, such is life.

We are getting ready to visit my sister and her family in a couple of weeks. She's on another continent and we only see each other about once every 12-18 months or so. I have kept the pregnancy a surprise and this is the first time in four kids between us that we have ever been able to break the news in person. I am very excited to see her, meet our 8mo nephew, and to see her reaction. At first it felt like it would be such a long time to hold onto the news, and now it feels like the time has just flown by.

It's been kind of nice and relaxing, too, because keeping it from her has meant that we've kept it from all other family and friends we don't see in person, so I haven't had to deal with nearly so many questions about how I'm doing and feeling. I really appreciate that people care, but I find the questions difficult emotionally when I'm working my way through a 'high risk', intensely managed, lots-of-extra-work-and-uncertainty pregnancy.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#14 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 07:29 AM

Hi all!  I feel late to the weekly chat... usually I'm all over it!  I love reading all these updates and then the super sweet comments of each of us commenting on eachother's events... which I'm not going to do this week!

(well, almost).  Lifeguard, I know what you mean about round ligament pain during exercise.  I'm still running, but it is definitely starting to feel different!  I've had some SI pain (right at the top of my hip, where it attaches to my butt in the back), but only on my right side.  Then last Wednesday, I woke up and somehow injured my neck while sleeping... who does that?  I couldn't move it hardly at all- it was just so stiff and sore and restricted.  It was also only on my right side- my left side was great!  I went to the Chrio on Wednesday & Friday of last week, and am going again tomorrow.  My neck feels much better, but in general I'm feeling a lot more aches and pulls, especially RLP. Also, I feel it in my pubis symphsis (the front of my pelvis).  Oh joy.  It is irritating and uncomfortable, but I think I can cope with it.  I've been doing much more cross-training though, including spin classes.  My belly is starting to feel a little bit in the way on the bike, but standing feels absolutely great.  With seated positions, I moved the seat back, and can kind of move around my belly a good amount.  Being on the bike does feel really good though.  Our pool is closed for renovations (boo)  but I've also been trying to do the eliptical more.   A few weeks ago during spin class, they played the Michael Jackson song from Free Willy.  We were doing a hill climb, so it was really intense, and I was just bawling.  It is just such a great song!  I eventually had to force myself to stop crying, because breathing and crying at the same time is really tough to do!

Last weekend, DH and I built a headboard.  It is upholstered wood panels with a wood frame.  It is massive.  We just watched a youtube video or something and drew out the plans and then went to Lowes and the fabric store and figured it out.  I think we have almost 110 screws in the thing- it could seriously withstand anything.  It also weighs probably about 200 lbs, so luckily we had friends over Sunday night, and one of the guys helped carry it upstairs.  We have a TINY spiral staircase from downstairs, so they had to take it out the back door and around the house.  It looks awesome, and we are so excited to do our first major project together.

This weekend (Sunday the 19th) is our 1 year anniversary!  I can't believe how quickly the year has gone, and remember exactly what it felt like to be counting down the days to our wedding.  It has truly been an amazing year, and I have the most incredible partner I could ever imagine.  We're going down to NYC for the weekend for a close friends wedding.  It is huge Russian-Jewish wedding in Brooklyn, so it'll be an experience!  Also, my ex-boyfriend is going to be there, and secretly, I'm really relieved that I am far enough along that I now look very cute and pregnant, rather than just chunky...  Plus, I'm partially excited for my ex & husband to meet.  DH is definitely more than just arm-candy- he is just such a high quality person that it becomes very evident that I have chosen DH wisely!  Ex wasn't a bad person at all, but us breaking up was the best thing that ever happened to me, because it led to me meeting & falling in love and getting to spend the rest of my life with the most incredible man on the planet.  Anyway, it should be a great time this weekend, and a fun way to spend our anniversary!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#15 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 AM

ligament pain here, too. It happens when I walk. This happened from 4-6 months last time :(

Editing to say happy anniversary, Amy May!

#16 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM

Steph - Also sending successful surgery salutations your husband's way.

LaBruja - Congrats on the pending bed.  When I was pregnant with DS we spent the last 4 months of my pregnancy sleeping on a mattress on the floor (waiting for the bed we had ordered).  The bed finally arrived about a week before I went into labor.  I'm doing ok, acne-wise, myself...but I just read something that reminded me that I was avoiding products with salicylic acid during my last pregnancy...and completely forgot about that this time.  I love the cleanser I've been using since last September and it has both AHAs and BHAs in it (Renee Rouleau Cleansing Gel).  Don't see myself giving it up.

Nicole - I also love BabyLegs...though I found two pairs to be pretty sufficient so far for DS winky.gif.  He has one pair that's light green with darker green polka dota and another pair that's black with green skulls and crossbones.  I guess I might get a couple more pairs when this new baby is born, since I still find them handy to put on DS as an extra layer when it's really cold out.

Amy May - We have the same anniversary date!  DH and I will be celebrating our 7th year of marriage this Sunday.  We're just planning to go out for a really nice dinner at a new restaurant in town.  It's also Father's Day, of course...though we may celebrate that with my family on Saturday night instead.

AFM - The big excitement here is that DH will be home for the next 5 days putting in our long-awaited back patio.  We've been in our home for 8 1/2 years and have done some significant renovations to the inside of the house, and DH created an absolutely beautiful front garden (we always get compliments from people walking by)...but the back yard has just languished forever (with the exception of the beautiful "compost pergola" and back fence DH made a couple years back).  Right now we don't even have a deck/porch and stairs for our back door (the old ones were completely rotting out so DH took them down a year ago).  Now that DS likes to be busy busy busy, especially outside, I've been longing for the day when our back yard is actually nice and relatively free of safety hazards ("Careful with that soccer ball...try not to fall on one of our many big piles of hard jagged rocks!").

Got a call from the Debating Midwife saying that everything from Friday's ultrasound looks good, so that was nice to hear.

And I'm finding myself feeling worried about being a good mama to DS when I'm in the midst of baby-induced sleep-deprivation for those first few (?) months.  I worry cuz when I don't sleep well now (like last night), I find that I tend to be such a cranky mean mama.  I really don't want to subject DS to that, especially when he's going to be dealing with the major transition of having a new kid in the family.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#17 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM

pi - thanks for the biking tips. Unfortunately I am tall & my seat won't go any higher. If I get up the energy I might give it a go this evening. I must admit I really do NOT like biking. I WANT to like but every time I get on the bike I just do. not. enjoy it. Sigh.

Amy May - Happy Anniversary! Gosh our one year feels like a million years ago! Dh & are 10 year married about the time this baby arrives but we were together 6 years before that. So much excitement for you in such a short time!

It's nice to hear someone else who is active is needing to adjust things. Everyone irl thinks I'm a little nutty for continuing with my workouts at all.

Rosemary - it is totally reassuring to hear that you didn't have the pain the whole pregnancy. That gives me hope it won't just get worse for 4 months.

Not_telling - I can understand the backyard excitement. With our new house we have such a nice safe area for ds to just run & explore in & makes my days so much more relaxing. I can even go inside for a moment without worrying about what he's doing. And he can now keep himself occupied for long periods of time outside.

afm - I'm such a crank lately. I try hard not to be but the constant lack of energy is really dragging me down. It doesn't help that the cutest boy in the world has hit the "why" stage. Oh My is it driving me crazy. We go in circles, over & over & over again - especially when in the car which lately we've been spending too much time doing. Sigh. This too shall pass!

#18 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 04:07 PM

Hey lifeguard...any chance you're having low-iron issues?  When was the last time you had a blood draw for anemia?  Just wondering since you've been mentioning how low-energy you've been feeling.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#19 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Boo round ligament pain here too. I walk for transportation and it's the only consistent exercise I can get (or afford right now, dh was out of work, and though he's now working hasn't been paid a dime in over 2m). This morning I though I wasn't going to make it the 1mile to my son's school. I stopped for a sec and added some emergen-c to my water and drank it all, and then, if I very consciously held my abdominal muscles in, it actually felt much better and I made it the rest of the way. I never had this with my other two pregnancies.. Though in retrospect I wonder if some of the Braxton hicks were actually rlp? I got it so terribly from biking w/ #2 that I had to quit it. 2 1/2 more weeks here then we are at the lake for 2m (living w my parents while I work my butt off on the dissertation). I can swim every day there...

Parenting the older w/ a newborn... First few weeks were hard. Accept all help that is offered (really! For the sake of your older if not yourself. It's not the time to be superwoman!) and let things slide. Catch rest whenever you can... Pace yourself. You might not be a perfect mom during the first few weeks, but you love your kids and they know it. Make sure to connect with the older on an emotional level every day. Try to find a moment for yourself too! You'll find your stride before you know it. Now, after that annoyingly sage advice I will admit I am worried about managing 2 olders with very different needs and a baby. I will have lots of family support (unlike before, when I was across the continent from all family).

dissertating mom to three

#20 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM

We had our ultrasound today, and though we wanted to find out the gender the tech couldn't tell. Baby wouldn't cooperate.greensad.gif  It sounds like baby is healthy, though we have to wait to see the regular doctor to hear a full report.

I feel pretty good. It's still cool here in MN so I haven't suffered much yet or gotten swollen. The biggest thing I've noticed this week is hormones. Extreme highs and lows, tearing up at the littlest things, and having no tolerance whatsoever for irritating things.

#21 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM

not_telling - dh & I were just discussing that tonight. I haven't been having red meat for a few weeks now (but my nutritionist just changed this) & I often am on the low end so it is altogether possible I'm low. If the red meat doesn't help I'll add a supplement again (but with my current constipation level I'd like to avoid that!).

emma (& others) - do you think one of those "supportive pregnancy belts" would help with the pain? I feel like if I walked around with my hands holding my belly it would be better.

#22 of 69 Old 06-14-2011, 08:08 PM

not_telling - dh & I were just discussing that tonight. I haven't been having red meat for a few weeks now (but my nutritionist just changed this) & I often am on the low end so it is altogether possible I'm low. If the red meat doesn't help I'll add a supplement again (but with my current constipation level I'd like to avoid that!).

emma (& others) - do you think one of those "supportive pregnancy belts" would help with the pain? I feel like if I walked around with my hands holding my belly it would be better.

#23 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 AM

I think I had a crazed hormonal moment in the car this morning.  We were headed to work, listening to NPR, and I just burst in to tears and could not stop sobbing.  I had no idea why I was doing it, I wasn't sad, nothing had gotten to me.  I just could not stop crying.  And I never cry.

I'm going to be signing up for prenatal yoga when we get back from vacation.  I'm hoping it will help with some of the hip and lower back pain.  I had started running again in the past few weeks, but it gets really uncomfortable after about a mile so I have to stop.  These support belts sound interesting...but HOT! 

MNBabyDust: Yay for healthy.  We have a stubborn baby, too.  I'm trying not to transfer that to every other aspect of her personality!  :)

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#24 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with these? DH and I were looking at some over the weekend but I didn't get any. My back and groin area have been so sore lately, I'd do pretty much anything for some relief.

#25 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 AM

Yes, the pain went away at the most interesting time. I was scheduled to go on a flight to Italy and the connection time on the way home in the airport was really tight. I was so worried, because I couldn't walk fast, let alone run with a carry on through the airport. Then I was also concerned because the town that I go to there is all walking, and I was thinking I was not going to be able to go anywhere. Well...I was able to walk JUST FINE and with no pain in Orvieto, and then when I really DID have to run in the Zurich airport, it was completely fine. The pain did not revisit me at all. So I'm fingers crossed and hoping that this will end.

I'm going on a whale watch today! I hope though, that I do not get seasickness. Anyone know if you can take dramamine during pregnancy? I'm going to probably look that up right away.

#26 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Also wanted to ask- what is everyone else doing about underwear? Almost none of mine are comfy anymore- except one pair that I got from Victoria Secret when they sent me one of their freebie coupons... it's lacy and a "one size fits most". DH and I laughed when we first saw it, because I had no idea underwear could even be "one size fits most". But now I'm like "heck yeah! The most comfortable pair of underwear ever!". lol.gif  So, anyway, I've pretty much gone commando for the last couple weeks because I got frustrated. Anyone have underwear they absolutely love? I'm not wanting anything on/above the belly.

ETA- found the link. Woo! I can't see spending $10 per pair though! Geez! For that price, I'll continue to go commando winky.gif

#27 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 AM

Japaneese weekend used to have good underwear. I don't know if they still do. I think it was like $20 a pair a few babies ago when I went to see if I could reorder them. My originals are hand me downs and the elastic is out. I just have a few pairs and only wear them when wearing skirts/dresses. Commando is the way to go!!! (that is my preference pg or not though)

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#28 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 AM

Oh wow, I can't even say how relieving it is that all of you are experience a resurgance of hormones...  I started crying this morning about some ridicuous little things. 

All my maternity clothes have been hand-me-downs, and I am now the owner of 2 Gabriella support belts and then a high-tech SI support belt.  I've worn the Gabriella support belt a few times when running, and I actually really like it.  I have to wear a longer shirt, because I have sensitive skin and tend to chafe like something awful, but it is quite comfortable, and I really like the support around my middle. 

Steph- I have multiple pairs of the Victoria's Secret underwear that I get with the free coupon.  Those are great! 

Any of the other co-sleeping families have used a railing on the bed, versus a side-attaching co-sleeper?  We're looking to make a wood co-sleeper to attach to our bed, but I wanted to hear if anyone has experience with just using the rail and a baby in the bed (especially a queen size bed).  I can also check the co-sleeping forum, but just wanted to ask here too!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#29 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 AM

I wear the hipster cotton pink underwear from VS mostly. It sat under my belly through DS's whole pregnancy and I carried him pretty low, so I am hopeful for this pregnancy too. I think it was 5 pairs for $20 or $25. The only underwear I have bought since DS's pregnancy were two pairs of Hanes Boy shorts and two pairs of hanky panky hipster/boy style. The Hanes were affordable and comfy but they no longer fit greensad.gif the hanky panky are so comfy but my goodness they are $$$$ for underwear and almost don't fit. (I alway seem to go up a size in underwear sometime during pregnancy, luckly I have two different sizes of the pink underwear from VS).

#30 of 69 Old 06-15-2011, 08:20 AM

Funny conversation with DH last night.

Me: "oh, come feel the baby move"

He walks over and of course baby stops moving right when he puts his hands on my stomach.

Me: "Well, dang baby stopped, you could press on my stomach a little, sometimes the baby moves then."

Him: "No, I am not poking the baby. You always poked DS and now look, he never settles down. He is scared that if he stops moving someone is going to poke him."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page