Birth Bead Exchange Sign Up - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 08-24-2011, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Whoot! WHOOT! WHOOT! Gues what just showed up at my front door!!!!!!!

I am so excited! The beads are so unique and are going to make a fabulous necklace. This is the smallest swap I have been in so I am going to have to get creative with filler beads. Can't wait to see how everyones turns out.

The beads I contributed are green and blue and water drop shaped. I have had water births and plan to do the same with this one so I thought it was fitting. Also water is know to be a relaxing agent during labor so I figured it would fit well there.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#62 of 68 Old 08-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Ooh! I didn't check the mail today. DANG!

Mine are the little green leaves. I figured that no matter what number child this is, boy or girl (or both?!), how we're birthing, etc. we're all turning a new leaf in some way. <3

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#63 of 68 Old 08-27-2011, 12:37 AM

Got my beads today! Thanks again to Holly for organizing/mailing them out.

My beads are the round blue/green/sparkly gold ones because they reminded me of little Earths. Since every day thousands of other women around the world are laboring and giving birth I thought we could all be reminded that when it's our turn we are not alone, but rather in the company of so many. :)

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#64 of 68 Old 08-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks everyone, this is so great! My beads are just a representation of my support. They are purple amethyst beads because purple is my favorite color. 

#65 of 68 Old 08-28-2011, 12:46 PM

I can't wait until my beads get here! Mine are the elongated red ones that look a bit powdery. It's cracked fire agate, and this is why I picked them:

Fire Agate Gemstone meaning:

Fire Agate has a deep calming energy that brings security and safety. It is a protection stone with strong grounding powers.

Fire agate is said to represent absolute perfection. It instills spiritual fortitude.

Fire agate links to the fire element and is used as an aid to improve sexual activity, stimulating vitality and opening the base chakra.

Hold a fire agate to inspire inner knowledge to emerge in the resolution of problems. It also helps in overcoming addictions, and other destructive desires.

Source.

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#66 of 68 Old 08-28-2011, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Here is the photo guide to the beads that I promised..although everyone is doing a great job of describing them. I am enjoying learning the meaning behind them. I picked mine because I liked the blue/green in them..made me think of earth and how we are all apart on this planet but yet connected in this.

DSCF2002.JPG

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#67 of 68 Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 PM

dd38b63a.jpg
I strung my beads today. One less thing to do before labor.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#68 of 68 Old 09-03-2011, 09:06 PM

Ahh Jane those look great!  I gotta string mine.  I received them a while back and haven't dealt with them at all yet.  I really like reading everyone's explanations for choosing the beads they did.  I think these are gonna be so nice.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page