Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a spotlight thread for tank!

What is a spotlight thread?

A spotlight thread is a thread where we ask questions of another DDC member and read & respond to her answers. It's a fun way to get to know other DDC members a little better.

How do I get a spotlight thread?

What kinds of questions can I ask?

Whatever you like -- silly, weird, personal, you name it. The person being spotlit gets to decide whether/how to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know tank a little better!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

How did you pick your username?

Tell us a little about where you live. (Be as vague or as specific as you like.) What do you like about it? What brought and/or kept you there?

If you had to choose, would you rather have a two week camping vacation or a weekend in a luxury hotel?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 07-20-2011, 05:02 PM

How did you pick your username? It is a username I have had for a longtime.  I was infatuated with the comic book tank girl when I was a preteen and people called me tank all the time.  When I went to college I painted tanks into my paintings a lot too.  I am obcessed with tanks and probably will always be.  I also have toy tanks tattooed on my arm.

Tell us a little about where you live. (Be as vague or as specific as you like.) What do you like about it? What brought and/or kept you there? I live in western NC.  My partner and I priginally came here because we were living on the coast of MA in a too small apartment that cost too much working crappy touristy jobs and really needed a change.  My DP had some friends that lived here and loved it so we decided to take a trip and ended up loving it and moving a month later leaving almost all that we owned behind.  I have a feeling that we will be here for a while.  I love the waterfalls and the numerous places to hike and the artsy attitude.  Plus there is like a million places to go out to eat that offer vegan options!  I love it here.

If you had to choose, would you rather have a two week camping vacation or a weekend in a luxury hotel?  I would rather camp.  I love camping but don't get to go very often because my DP hates it.  I am not a huge fan of hotels but I guess I have never been in a "luxury" hotel.   Probably camping.  

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 PM

Where you live sounds nice- I've often thought that NC will be on my list of places to consider the next time we move.

OK, here's a question:  You're stranded on the hypothetical desert island for a month, and you can have books or music, but not both- which would you chose? 

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Yah I really love NC.  I grew up in the northeast and didn't leave there except for a few vacations to FL and Cal and NC is really different, especially the part I live in.  It's still the south where people are super nice to your face but there's all kinds of people here.  Probably because it is such a nice area that there are a lot of transplants and retirees.

You're stranded on the hypothetical desert island for a month, and you can have books or music, but not both- which would you chose?  That's a tough one.  Although music is a huge part of my life I would have to say books.  I think I would go nuts without the knowledge.  I am a nonfiction book junkie.  Everytime something comes up in my life I need to read about it and educate myself on it.  Even the stupid stuff that isn't important.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

What is a dream date for you?

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM

What is a dream date for you?  hmmm... well the best date I have ever been on was one with my DP when we first started dating.  We used to walk down to the lighthouse in the middle of the night and sit and look at the ocean and drink beers.  I like simple things like that with noone else around. 

Old 07-23-2011, 08:32 PM

Do you like to travel? What is on your must see list?

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

Old 07-23-2011, 10:18 PM

Do you like to travel? What is on your must see list?  I actually don't have a huge desire to travel.  I am a real homebody.  I do want to see portland and go to california again.  I also really want to go to germany.  When I was in college my parents took a trip to Germany and took my younger brother and I have been bent about it ever since.  I really wanted to go and they didn't invite me.  Next time either of them go I am inviting myself or I will find some way to go in my lifetime.  Most of the places I would want to go have to do with wanting to see art I haven't seen yet.    I  Most of the places I would want to go really have to do with wanting to see a

Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM

so, tank, since you like tanks so much... which one is your favorite and why? (i'm myself partial to a panzer tiger tank or a good ol' sherman (i kinda dig the ww2 history stuff))

first time mama-to-be, due sometime in the last half of october. avid smart ass, trivia player, roller derby official, aspiring political hack, and android addict.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:21 PM

I really like sherman tanks.  I am partial because where I used to live there was an inactive one at the playground I used to play on.

User Tag List