Things People Say - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

Seriously, I'd rather someone ask me what position we used to get pregnant than listen to any more negativity.

Karli, thank you for this...totally made my morning!ROTFLMAO.gif

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Oh Karli I feel your pain girl! We just finished moving into a new apartment and people were flabbergasted that I was lifting and moving and upacking, etc. Seiously, if it felt like too much I took a break! It's not so say it's easy doing that stuff, but it's not the end of the world!

I'm also sick to death of women telling me to just "wait and see" about needing an epidural. Seriously? I don't have any major surgery or procedures in my past, but I've said it before and I'll say it again...if countless women on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant  could confuse birthing a baby with a large bowel movement, how could it possibly REQUIRE narcotics? I don't get it.

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

Old 08-12-2011, 06:01 PM

As far as epidurals go I find it interesting that the women that have had them talk about how terribly painful and awful labor is and they are sure glad they had an epidural. I used hypnobirthing and it was peaceful and wonderful so.......

I get the lifting thing a lot but it is followed with the look. ( I take it personally like they think I have lost babies bcs I haven't just sat around. It is really frustrating)

No offense to first time moms but it is great when they give me advice thinking this is my first. Their jaws usually drop when I say thanks but this is my 6th.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

As far as epidurals go I find it interesting that the women that have had them talk about how terribly painful and awful labor is and they are sure glad they had an epidural. I used hypnobirthing and it was peaceful and wonderful so.......

Well...labor was in a major part for me terribly painful and awful, even with my relaxation--until I had my "aquadural" (labor pool. Heaven.) But I had to go through quite a lot of painful and awful (unrecognized) back labor before they let me in!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:11 PM

I have always been in the water too, I am sure that helps. I know that labor and birth is differnt for everyone and it is different each time, But I don't go around saying hey labor is wonderful what the hell is your problem so I don't think people should walk up to other pg mamas and tell them how awful it is, especially if they used the solution that they are suggesting and it was still awful for them. Just saying.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 08-13-2011, 03:19 PM

from my EX-mil "I just knew you were pregnant, I can smell it now that I've been working OB" she'd worked there for a month, and the only reason she "knew" I was preg was because a bit earlier in the day DP let it slip.

A couple others by her "Just dont have a homebirth! SOO many things could go wrong!" she'd flip if she knew I was UC.

And the car issue "If you weren't having another we could get you guys a regular car" UMMM....even without newone we have 6 ppl in this group. we *have* a regular car. It does *not* fit us

I get asked the sex pretty regularly, typical. I like to say "Hopefully it's a human...we should know in the next few months"

And the "You know what causes that, right?" I meet with some variation of "oh, yes, and i quite enjoy it"

I've only had one comment on the "big" side. It was "Still 2 more months?!" I didn't have a response to it.

Then there's the other side of "You're tiny! are you sure the baby's growing ok?!" last I checked, I'm measuring right on track....

Becka, partnered with Eric. Momma to Kenz, 12, Abbey, 9, Nik, 8, Johanna, 3.5, and newone on the way in October

User Tag List