5 weeks of travel = exhausted - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry I have been MIA for so long! I went on a 5 week trip to the US to help cure some of the boredom of the winter break. My son was off school and I was without a car (thanks to the car accident in June) so we went up to the US. I was without internet for most the trip so I didn't have a way to get on here and unfortunately this caused me to miss the bead exchange deadlines. SO SORRY LADIES!!! Anyway, I'm am home but very exhausted. Maybe it is was the travel or maybe just normal bionic fatigue of the 3rd trimester. I seriously can't even stay awake through a 30min sitcom! Anyone else experiencing this type of exhaustion?

I wanted to ask if anyone is doing primrose oil, either vaginally or orally. If so, what dosing are you using and when are you starting?

I'm happy to be back. Hope everyone is having a smooth 3rd trimester. (hugs)

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#2 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 AM

You must be so glad to be home! I was just out of town for 2+ weeks and couldn't wait to get back to my own space! I was wiped out and found it much harder to travel with DD this time around. I think I may actually be a bit anemic due to the intensity of exhaustion I've been feeling. I have an appt this week and will check it out but started to take some extra iron and am feeling a bit better.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

You must be so glad to be home! I was just out of town for 2+ weeks and couldn't wait to get back to my own space! I was wiped out and found it much harder to travel with DD this time around. I think I may actually be a bit anemic due to the intensity of exhaustion I've been feeling. I have an appt this week and will check it out but started to take some extra iron and am feeling a bit better.

I'm suspecting anemia too. I have an appointment on Friday, perhaps I'll do the same and start taking iron.

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#4 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Welcome back! I'm sorry you're dealing with major exhaustion...I was feeling that way a week or two ago and thought it might be anemia as well, but it happened to coincide with a jump in my fundal measurement so I think it may have just been that baby was having a major growth spurt (I also got my iron checked and it was fine, so it couldn't have been that).

Definitely a good idea to get your iron checked, but I think travelling for five weeks with a 3 1/2 year old would be totally exhausting even if you weren't pregnant...you are a far braver woman than I!

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page