spotlight on AtomHeartMother (Aug 15-21) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a spotlight thread for AtomHeartMother!

What is a spotlight thread?

A spotlight thread is a thread where we ask questions of another DDC member and read & respond to her answers. It's a fun way to get to know other DDC members a little better.

How do I get a spotlight thread?

What kinds of questions can I ask?

Whatever you like -- silly, weird, personal, you name it. The person being spotlit gets to decide whether/how to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know AtomHeartMother a little better!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#2 of 5 Old 08-15-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

How did you pick your username?

Tell us a little about where you live. (Be as vague or as specific as you like.) What do you like about it? What brought and/or kept you there?

If you had to choose, would you rather have a two week camping vacation or a weekend in a luxury hotel?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#3 of 5 Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 AM

How did you pick your username?

my user name is from the pink floyd album/song "Atom Heart Mother". i was listening to it one day when we were talking about baby names and it struck me, how about "Atom" as a name. the baby daddy boyfriend loved it and so it'll be. if you haven't heard the "Atom Heart Mother Suite" already, i suggest you do. it's 27 minutes of psychedelic symphonic gold.

Tell us a little about where you live. (Be as vague or as specific as you like.) What do you like about it?What brought and/or kept you there?

i live in jacksonville, fl and while i'm active in the community i really dislike living here. the lack of cultural and artistic opportunities and job growth are my biggest sources of frustration with the area. it's been a rough few years on the job front, so i've stuck around based on the cost of living alone. now that things are picking up, we're starting to make the plans to leave. we both want to stay in florida, so now it's making the tough decision of where in this truly diverse and wonderful state we'll go. (i'm a 2nd generation florida native, we're rare around these parts!)

If you had to choose, would you rather have a two week camping vacation or a weekend in a luxury hotel?

easy question, being 30 weeks pregnant now, my bad self would be going to a hotel. if i wasn't pregnant w/ back pain, i'd sooo be camping. haven't done it in years and can't wait to take my boy out to one of the many state parks to go explore! and if you're wondering which one is my favorite, it'd be bahia honda down in the keys. it's OMFG beautiful and you can camp right on the water. my #1 choice ever for camping was also in the keys, but was destroyed in the 2004 hurricane season. the land literally does not exist. :(

first time mama-to-be, due sometime in the last half of october. avid smart ass, trivia player, roller derby official, aspiring political hack, and android addict.

#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 AM

Do you like to travel?

What places are on your must see list?

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#5 of 5 Old 08-18-2011, 06:17 AM

i do enjoy travelling, even if my budget in the last few years hasn't allowed me to do much. i've been to many american cities, the bahamas, and canada. there are still places in the good ol' u s of a that i want to go to, but travelling internationally would be a real delight. the top places on that list are fiji, thailand, dubai, the uk, and germany. belgium is making it's way up the list as my passion for craft beer grows (prior to pregnancy i was starting a local beer review column and beer based baking business). 

first time mama-to-be, due sometime in the last half of october. avid smart ass, trivia player, roller derby official, aspiring political hack, and android addict.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page