And NOW I'll start freaking out. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Whew. All these lists are making me feel a little better about my own to-dos... but also making me realize there are a lot more things I probably SHOULD be doing! My list of preparations are a lot shorter since I don't have any other children, and I live with my parents. Still... I may as well make a list, right?

MUST Do:

-File Medical Assistance application so LO will have insurance, and DH can get some essential dental work done.
-Clean up and clean OUT our bedroom so that it's actually usable for a birth.

-Put together MW's (HUGE) list of birth supplies in an easy-to-access place (probably the crib)

Hopefully do:

-Clean off space on our bookshelf (which is our dresser) for baby clothes. We won't have a baby dresser till after the birth, but I can always use the big storage bin I have.

-Return a few things from my first shower that won't work (I got a pair of denim shorts in a 3 month size. Really? Shorts in the dead of winter?)

-Decide if we have room to use a birth pool, if so rent it from the MW

-Try to come up with a workable budget for post-baby

-Help my mom plan my family shower

I know there are a million other things... but I'm trying not to think about it!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#32 of 57 Old 08-27-2011, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

It's interesting and inspiring to see all of your lists!  Even though I'm with ~pi in the fact that I'm trying to keep it very simple this time. 

But I also know that if I write it all out here, it will look bigger than it feels, so let's see:

• purchase and install carseat
  • weed out dd's clothes so that the baby has two drawers in the dresser
  • get together Big Sister presents
  • sort hand-me-downs into sizes
  • wash hand-me-downs and put into dresser
  • strip and deep wash and put away dd's diapers (yay! Potty trained!) and put out baby diapers
  • get a package of nb sposies for back-ups
  • make a will (CANNOT believe we haven't done this yet!)

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#33 of 57 Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM

We haven't done a will yet either. I know its terrible and we need to do it but I just haven't yet. Thank you for the reminder!

My list:

-get dresser and put away baby clothes and diapers

clothes and diapers are washed but we had a fiasco with purchasing a dresser. ugh!

-pull together DD and babies fall/winter gear

mostly done, just need to order some boots for DD and some wool long johns/shirts for both girls

-buy last of baby list

just a few items here as we have everything from DD

-Buy some new art supplies for DD since we'll be hanging out at home for a while

-Keep feeding the freezer

we are just doing doubles of triples of recipes over each weekend for the freezer. Less chaotic for us this way!

-pack bags for hospital

we'll do this a few weeks from now

-instal infant carseat (after I wash the cover)

-Big Sister gift?

Got to think about what I want to do with this...

I'm sure there is more but that is it so far...

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#34 of 57 Old 08-27-2011, 06:47 PM

I'd love to know what you're all thinking for big sister/brother gifts!  I picked up DD a really cute doctor's kit - she's so interested in everything the dr. does at our prenatal checkups!

I'd also love to know what configuration everyone is putting their two car seats in? 

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#35 of 57 Old 08-27-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

I'd love to know what you're all thinking for big sister/brother gifts!  I picked up DD a really cute doctor's kit - she's so interested in everything the dr. does at our prenatal checkups!

I'd also love to know what configuration everyone is putting their two car seats in? 

DS is getting some books that he really wants as a big brother gift (he loves reading and a bonus is that it will keep him entertained winky.gif).

DS is in a Britax Regent in my car, which is a huge seat, so I can't fit the the seats side by side. DS will be behind the passenger seat (that's the side of the car they let him out of for school drop-off). Baby will be behind the driver. In dh's car ds is in a Britax Frontier. He is behind the passenger seat (again, for school drop offs). If I can fit baby in the middle seat I will, but I'm not sure if it will fit next to ds's seat. DS's seats were always in the middle of the cars until a few weeks ago, when I moved his seats to the side.

ETA- forgot to say that the baby will be in a Chicco Keyfit for now.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#36 of 57 Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM

car seats ... Right now, dd is in a Sunshine Radian rear-facing in the middle of the back seat.  I can't see how I can put in another one rear-facing unless I put the baby to one side, which doesn't feel safe to me, being that the safest spot in the car is the middle of the back seat.  I figure the most vulnerable member of the family should go there, so that'd be the baby.  So baby will likely go in a convertible, rear-facing in the middle, and I'll have to forward-face my 2.5 yr old daughter to one side.  Likely behind the driver seat, being that that's the (somewhat debated) second safest spot.  I'd rather put her behind the passenger side, so I can have eye contact with her.  Not happy about any of the possible solutions. Meh. 

sibling gift ... I've got my eye on a set of beautifully coloured wooden blocks for dd.  She plays with them all the time when we're at the store that sells them.  Probably a t-shirt of some Big Sisterly sort.  A new book.  Birthday cake that she'll hopefully make with me or DP during early labour, or grandma if we're not able to.  Maybe a tiara?  Or a magic wand?  She's big into fairy tales right now.  Can you tell that I haven't decided at all?  We have very few toys, so whatever we get, I want it to be something that she enjoys for a long time. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#37 of 57 Old 08-27-2011, 09:04 PM

car seat: DD is rear facing in a britax boulevard behind the passenger seat currently. The driver seat can't go back far enough for DH with the infant seat behind him so DD's will go there and the baby will be in an infant bucket seat behind the passenger. I'm hoping to keep DD rear facing as long as possible but she's outgrowing her current seat in height soon. Has about 2.5 inches clearance currently. Most likely her sesat will go to the baby when she outgrows the bucket and DD will get a new one- just not sure which at this point.

Sibling gift: No idea! I think I'll do some sister shirts and then??? She's really into doll play so maybe something for her dolls... I still have no idea! A few smaller items to open over the first week might be a nice idea. Maybe a puzzle? I should get on this!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#38 of 57 Old 08-28-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

car seats ... Right now, dd is in a Sunshine Radian rear-facing in the middle of the back seat.  I can't see how I can put in another one rear-facing unless I put the baby to one side, which doesn't feel safe to me, being that the safest spot in the car is the middle of the back seat.  I figure the most vulnerable member of the family should go there, so that'd be the baby.  So baby will likely go in a convertible, rear-facing in the middle, and I'll have to forward-face my 2.5 yr old daughter to one side.  Likely behind the driver seat, being that that's the (somewhat debated) second safest spot.  I'd rather put her behind the passenger side, so I can have eye contact with her.  Not happy about any of the possible solutions. Meh. 

So, I asked the question of our local car seat safety group and they told me that if your toddler is forward facing they consider THAT the most vunerable and should go in the middle with the newborn on either side!  We do mostly city driving at low speeds so I am comfortable with DD being forward facing - it makes her SO much happier in the car than rear facing.  

I'm pretty sure our seats will fit side by side, so I am thinking of the baby in the middle and DD behind the passenger seat where I can see her - it doesn't make sense to me that behind the driver would be safest - wouldn't that be the side most likely affected by collisions?  

I really want to have one seat on whichever side free - I'm thinking of all those times someone throws up and you have to climb in the back to clean them up...or on longer drives, when you have to sit in the back and comfort an unhappy little person

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

Sibling gift: No idea! I think I'll do some sister shirts and then??? She's really into doll play so maybe something for her dolls... I still have no idea! A few smaller items to open over the first week might be a nice idea. Maybe a puzzle? I should get on this!

Doll play has been really big here since we've talked so much about the new baby and all the things we'll have to do to take care of her.  I'm thinking of sewing DD a doll sling, since I will have the new baby in the sling so much.  She loves to take her dolls for walks etc. so that might be fun for her

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#39 of 57 Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Katico- i've heard that too. I heard that the least protected person is someone who is just using the cars seatbelt, then someone in a booster, then a forward facing 5pt harness, then a rearfacing carseat. So the forward facing toddler needs the middle seat protection more than the rearfacing infant.

#40 of 57 Old 08-28-2011, 08:23 AM

Alrighty then, I'll likely leave dd where she is, rear-facing in the middle, and put the baby to one side.  I can't fit dd's seat rear-facing anywhere other than the middle, but we could get an infant bucket seat for the baby (weren't planning on it, was going to get another convertible).  Thanks for inspiring me to do some more research!  I guess when the baby grows out of an infant seat, I'll move him to the middle and finally forward face dd.  Does that make sense?

#41 of 57 Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Alrighty then, I'll likely leave dd where she is, rear-facing in the middle, and put the baby to one side.  I can't fit dd's seat rear-facing anywhere other than the middle, but we could get an infant bucket seat for the baby (weren't planning on it, was going to get another convertible).  Thanks for inspiring me to do some more research!  I guess when the baby grows out of an infant seat, I'll move him to the middle and finally forward face dd.  Does that make sense?

It does!  Another factor I just thought of is that DD is all about doing it herself lately and likes to climb into the car seat by herself.  If I put her FF in the middle that gives her room to climb in, lets me see her in the mirror, puts everyone in the safest spot and also leaves me an empty seat for passengers or climbing in to clean up a mess/whatever

Now, let's just hope she doesn't decide to poke her baby sister  (or share snacks, yikes!) since they're sitting next to each other ;)

#42 of 57 Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 AM

I am so focused on other things (like trying to finish my dissertation draft) that all the baby prep is on the back burner. We'll just scramble when baby is here I guess! That is going to be my "break"... I am freaking out a little that I am 32 weeks tomorrow and thus might have as little as 5 weeks to finish this up- its NOT ENOUGH. I would like to think through some big sib presents a little more. Have been thinking about a doll ergo and/or legos for the 2yo, but don't have a lot of inspiration for the 6yo. Maybe some new stuff for his playmobil... he has a ton already but he really loves it.

IME I was very unprepared with #1, and it was fine. They don't need much. we had diapers and a couple outfits and a carseat, and that was really plenty.

And, we will be keeping it minimal for now... we have no extra money, and a miniscule living space (550sf, no storage), so I really can't do shopping, decorating, etc. Our fridge is small, our kitchen is a tiny galley kitchen, and we have no freezer... so no stockpiling of food for us. We will just cram that baby in and hope for lots of hand-me-downs, because I moved across the country a year ago with no plans of getting pregnant and I gave away every single baby item that I had. Seriously, every single one. I need to get a better (bigger) foam mattress for the olders to sleep on as I've moved the 2yo out of my bed this summer (we are 2 months staying with my parents at their lake house) and when we get home I want the two olders together on the floor bed (We have only 1 bedroom so we do a mattress that pulls out from under the queen... baby will sleep in the queen with us).

We don't currently own a car, and the car my parents own cannot have 3 carseats in it (middle belt is a lap belt only, and there is no LATCH, so can't install any carseat at all there). So, we aren't going to worry about carseat placement right now! (we live in a city where you do not need a car). I do own two convertible carseats so if we rented a car we could put both the baby and the 2yo in those (I do face the 2yo forwards as she is horribly carsick and that seems to help, also she is 30lbs and I think that may be the max for rear facing in a lot of convertibles? I kept her rear until she was 2). The 6.5yo rides in a booster.

So, necessary equipment IMO: If my friend doesn't give me her hug-a-bub (its like a moby) I will have to buy a wrap carrier. I am planning on using a wrap for the first 3-4 months for all baby transpo. And I want to get a new winter parka for me and construct a babywearing panel for the front (hopefully with my sister's input, she is a fashion designer) and get that going before baby is born. I want to sew some longies out of some sweaters I have. And yeah, get a bigger nursing bra (my 34G is getting too small) and a pack of disposable newborn dipes and disposable nursing pads and disposable maxi pads... won't want to be running out for that stuff the first week. We are planning a homebirth so also whatever supplies my MWs recommend.

I guess once I am back to our apartment next week, a big priority for me is figuring out where and when DH can have a vasectomy, and how much it will cost us (or if he can get it covered b/c we are low income? I think the state likes to pay for birth control for poor people...) B/c I want that TAKEN CARE OF before birth control will be an issue again. As I got my period back the first time within 2 months (though it was 6m after #2 which was nice), and this baby was conceived despite the use of birth control, I don't trust my body to cut me any slack on this issue at all.

In summary, my priorities are: my dissertation, preventing a 4th pregnancy, and the necessities for the first week or two. Would love to declutter and organize and stock up and whatever... but I know myself well enough to know that is unlikely. Unless baby is 41 or 42 weeks, in which case I'll try to use my last few weeks there to be productive instead of twiddling my thumbs like I did last time (40+4, but I'd say the last 2 weeks I was just at lose ends...)

dissertating mom to three

#43 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 04:40 AM

Ok, so now that I'm basically "done" and "ready" for baby, I have started plotting some fun things to do over the next few weeks, to keep busy. They're all things that don't HAVE to be done at all, so there's no stress, I just want to take my mind of the endless, uncomfortable waiting that comes at this stage 

-FINALLY sew the seams on and hang up living room curtains (they have been sitting on my sewing table, cut out, for oh-2 years??)

-organize china cabinet

-Sew a quilt for DD's new big girl bed

-address Xmas cards, get them ready to pop in pictures of the girls closer to xmas

-freeze xmas cookie doughs

-sew doll carrier for DD

-sew cloth bags for Xmas wrapping

-make a new sensory tub for DD

#44 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 AM

All these lists are helping me organize my list! I have a lot to do and I'm the type of person who has to feel like it is done prior to baby so I'm getting to work TODAY!!!

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#45 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

I got the carseat bases installed this weekend! Yay for another thing being crossed off my list! However, I've added at least a couple more to the list (including sewing a crib skirt because I suddenly decided we HAD to have a crib skirt after months of saying we didn't lol.gif ). I ended up being able to get the baby's seat installed in the middle of the back seat in both dh and my cars. I'm actually pretty shocked that I could do that, because ds is in a Britax Regent in my car and that seat is HUGE so I didn't think it would fit next to the baby seat. But it does, so that ended up working out well.

#46 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 03:51 PM

I have gotten so much done in the last 8 or 9 days. I'm totally exhausted from it. All I really need to do now is pack a back-up hospital bag and my an iPod playlist.

I have totally been crazy nesting pregnant lady. My house is so frickin clean right now; every bit of bedding, baby clothes, linens, etc are washed. Every surface is scrubbed or dusted, every floor is clean. Drawers and clean and organized. I am ready. Watch, I'll go in to labor two weeks from now and my house will be a total wreck.

#47 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post

I have totally been crazy nesting pregnant lady. My house is so frickin clean right now; every bit of bedding, baby clothes, linens, etc are washed. Every surface is scrubbed or dusted, every floor is clean. Drawers and clean and organized. I am ready. Watch, I'll go in to labor two weeks from now and my house will be a total wreck.

This is my next step, I was just thinking the same thing today - now that everything is done I plan to clean the entire house, then sit on my butt for a few weeks,  getting up only to maintain the crazy clean lol.gif

Crazy nesting pregnant ladies, indeed :) 

#48 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 PM

I'm so glad I'm at the end of the October, because it lets me take my cues from you on-the-ball ladies.  I realized when I read this thread yesterday that I don't have a carseat.  That's sort of important, isn't it?  So I started shopping for one.  I should have it by next week.  Yay!

Jane likes this.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#49 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 PM

With my first two kids I was nesting like crazy by this time....I don't know if I'm too tired or too busy or what, but I just can't get moving! Here's what I have left to do:

top priority:

-assemble dresser

-buy new crib mattress

-assemble toy shelf for dd's room

-rearrange playroom to accomodate new baby; move some toys into dd's room and ds's room

-buy carseat

-wash infant clothes (they are mostly sorted)

-get the kids' school stuff in order (backpacks, lunchboxes, supplies, etc)

-finalize leasing/buying new car

high priority:

-buy presents for dd's birthday (late September)

-order fall clothing for the big kids; wash clothing that still fits

-take coats out of storage and wash them

-Halloween costumes for the big kids

-buy baby gear: pack n play for downstairs of house, new Ergo carrier (old one got so much use it shredded), maybe a swing, maybe new bottles/pump (though I hate pumping!)

-buy a few postpartum things for me: new nursing bra and nursing tanks, etc.

low priority:

-develop some kind of weekly meal plan for the next couple months (this is a constant challenge for me because dh gets home too late to eat together as a family; I am tired of being a short order cook and I'd like to get this under control before the new baby comes)

-sort out a few kitchen cupboards

-organize the home office a little better

-gifts for the big kids from the baby?

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#50 of 57 Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 PM

Ugh I feel like I have so much to do!

Baby related 

-Move baby's dresser upstairs and sort clothes into it

-finish all diapering related projects and make sure I have all diapering supplies that I need (I need to graft gussets on longies and weave in ends etc).  

-Place one more order for preemie prefolds, snappis and diaper cream and anything else I come up with

-buy a shelf and some baskets for baby change area

-Pack a hospital bag or at least make a list so I can grab the stuff on the way out the door

-Have easy access to the car seat so that we can grab it

Dd related

-go through dd's clothes and get out fall/winter clothes

-buy fall/winter clothes, winter gear and boots (winter can hit here by the end of september so I need to be prepared!)

-make dd pants (she's so skinny I can't find pants that fit her so I've been making them)

-pack a bag for dd.  She's going to be staying with our friends in the city 1 1/2 hours from our house.  They're right near the hospital where I'll be having baby, and we decided we would rather have her close to us so we can go and get her as soon as I deliver as I'm going to have to stay in the hospital longer than planned and dh will go and sleep there with her (I'm GBS positive and no one expects me to be able to make it to the hospital in time to have antibiotics as I have fast labours, so we will be staying in hospital for 24 hours for observation).

-buy big sister present, I too need to think about this

-finish knitting dd's sweater

The house

-I'd love to finish going through our basement and move a bunch of stuff around.  I already have 3 large bags of items to be donated and I hope to increase this!  

-Clean my sewing/craft room

-Go through pantry and donate food

-Empty freezer, I know total opposite of everyone else.  We get all of our meat and root veggies in the fall so we need to clear out space.  

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#51 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

Now that we're halfway moved into the new house, we're having a "fight" about the nursery. My thoughts are that if the baby is sleeping in our room for now, and if we have a bedroom that's going to be his "big boy" room once we get done childproofing it and repainting, why bother painting and decorating the "nursery?" It's currently a spare room with two yellow walls and two white walls. I thought we'd just leave it alone and stick the baby gear in it. DH thinks I'm missing out on some baby experience by NOT going overboard and wants me to paint it... But not without him supervising because he won't allow me to use a ladder.

Needless to say, I've added to my list as well.
1) Decide WTF we're doing for the nursery
2) Get it freakin' DONE so I can actually set stuff up

I felt sort of the same as you when our first son was born - decorating a "nursery" seemed such a waste of time and resources - an overhyped money-making trend. We did paint the room but for the long-term - it's pretty gender neutral (butter yellow and baby blue, works for a girl too IMO), and will work for many years. We got a couple of babyish prints, but that's it. We got a dresser that serves as a change table for now. To decorate the walls I got some wall stickies, so that they are easy to change as my boys grow. My son never slept a whole night in there until he was over 2 years old.

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#52 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

This is my next step, I was just thinking the same thing today - now that everything is done I plan to clean the entire house, then sit on my butt for a few weeks,  getting up only to maintain the crazy clean lol.gif

Crazy nesting pregnant ladies, indeed :) 

The worst is being crazy pregnant nesting lady trapped in an office all day - there's so much more important stuff I could be doing AT HOME!!! Then by the time I do get home and meals/cleanup is done, I'm too exhausted to do anything - so frustrating.

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#53 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post

I felt sort of the same as you when our first son was born - decorating a "nursery" seemed such a waste of time and resources - an overhyped money-making trend. We did paint the room but for the long-term - it's pretty gender neutral (butter yellow and baby blue, works for a girl too IMO), and will work for many years. We got a couple of babyish prints, but that's it. We got a dresser that serves as a change table for now. To decorate the walls I got some wall stickies, so that they are easy to change as my boys grow. My son never slept a whole night in there until he was over 2 years old.

I felt the same way too. It makes no sense to me to decorate with stuff and furniture that they will outgrow so quickly.   Now, I did go overboard and decorate the room but, I did so knowing it probably wouldn't get used for quite awhile and made sure that everything was easily adapted to a big girl room.

I painted soft creamy yellow with white trim and made all of her crib bedding and decorations in red, blue and green, with lots of polka dots.  Instead of a change table, I bought some IKEA pieces and hooked them together with an mdf board on top.  They can be taken apart any time and used for toy or clothing storage anywhere in the house.  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67442269@N00/3404001573/in/set-72157616225825714/

She didn't sleep a night in her crib until she was about 20 months old, and I only used the changing table a handful of times,  but the room looked nice lol.gif  And, it did make me feel  relaxed, knowing it was done- I hate having unfinished spaces, I'm a nester even when I'm not pregnant.

We just bought her big girl bed, which is getting delivered this week, and her room is still completely age appropriate at 2.5 yo.  I'm going to rearrange the furniture slightly to fit the bed but otherwise it's fine.  I picked her out bedding in green, white and blue with polkadots and it looks sweet and can last her for several years at least.

The crib is going into our bedroom, although the baby will hopefully  cosleep with us for quite awhile.  Our spare room will eventually become this little girl's bedroom but for now we need the spare bed and my sewing space is also in there.  

#54 of 57 Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 PM

About baby rooms or nurseries or baby areas or what have you ... With my first child we did up a nursery, and never used it.  But it looked beautiful when we had to sell the house when dd was four months old ... and it made the sale.  Then we moved into another house, and there was a room upstairs that had a cool kids mural on it, so we put the (unused) nursery furniture in there, and it looked amazing and very put together and ever so tidy because we never even went up the stairs.  It also sold the house when we had to sell that one when she was seven months old (don't ask).  Then we moved into another place, and set up her dresser, art, and double futon bed with her quilt, etc, in the second room.  Again, she never slept in there.  Again, it sold the house when we moved in June!  Now in this place, we have her 'room' set up, but only because I like a set up room.  She doesn't use it.  Doesn't play in it.  She calls it 'Grandma's room' because that's where my mom sleeps when she comes once or twice a week. 

It's a lovely, welcoming, warm, kid-friendly space, but she's not interested.  If we do a thread with baby spaces, I'll take a pic and post it there. 

#55 of 57 Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 AM

With DS we totally did the nursery. It has always been the cleanest spot in the house! Even though he does sleep there (at least part of the night), because I think it helps him that that room is used for sleeping, and nothing else. (well, to keep clothes in!)

With this baby, DS and she will be sharing a room - or rather, their clothes will be, even though I really don't think she'll do much sleeping in there until later - and I am just making a couple changes to make parts of the room a little more girly - like pink crib sheets, and some wall decorations. Otherwise the room is a gender-neutral jungle theme.

As far as carseats go, DS is behind the driver's seat in both cars (I have a Scion XB and DH has a Toyota Avalon) and the baby will likely be in the passenger seat in my car (I don't think the carseat base will do right next to the convertible DS is in). She  might go in the middle of the Avalon. DS is where he is for ease of putting in and taking out. I see him just fine in the visor mirror.

I did get laundry done!

I ordered a nursing bra - had to since Bravado was actually doing a sale!

Maternity photos will be done this weekend, weather and DH willing.

I have one shower tomorrow, and another on the 18th.

Need to pack hospital bag.

buy and start taking EPO

Do some last minute family of 3 things . . . want to take DS to the zoo one more time (plus walking all that is good for me!) also think he'd get a kick out of bowling. I think I'd rather do this, than a big brother gift. plus he's not even 2 so don't think he'd understand. . . .not that I'm opposed, just not sure about it.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#56 of 57 Old 08-31-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
want to take DS to the zoo one more time (plus walking all that is good for me!)

I really wanted to take ds to the zoo one more time too, but I don't know if it'll happen. This weekend we're traveling out of town so that's out. The closest zoo is about an hour away and the dr has already stated I need to stay in town starting at 36 weeks. Maybe the weekend after this weekend we can fit in a zoo trip (I would be 35w3d). We'll see.

#57 of 57 Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Do some last minute family of 3 things . . . want to take DS to the zoo one more time (plus walking all that is good for me!) also think he'd get a kick out of bowling. I think I'd rather do this, than a big brother gift. plus he's not even 2 so don't think he'd understand. . . .not that I'm opposed, just not sure about it.

This!  I'm trying to soak in every minute of my days home with just DD, trying to think of things she would love to do and places to go (that sore, pregnant mama can actually accomplish), trying to savor all my time to myself at night now that she is sleeping so well......it feels like the end of something so beautiful, I know that's dramatic and that life as a family of 4 will be even more wonderful....it just makes me feel like time is flying and reminds me that I won't always  have little people  with me because they're going to grow up.  

Ok, now I need to collect myself.   I might be a little over-emotional right now....*ahem*

I also want to write a little letter to DD, to tell her about right now and who she is at 2 and how much we love her and how proud of the big girl she is becoming.

Ok, there I go again.  Something in my eye....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page