And NOW I'll start freaking out. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday at the dr's office he said that once I hit 36 weeks they wouldn't prevent delivery (so basically I can deliver anytime after 36 weeks). I heard him, but it didn't sink in until today. In 3 weeks 5 days I could go into labor at any time and have a baby! Less than 4 weeks! WOAH! Now it hit me. We still have so much to do, I am NOT ready at all. So, of course, I made a list. LOL!

Here's everything off the top of my head that I still need to do.

• Install carseat bases
  • Buy freezer and make meals
  • Finish painting nursery
  • Set up nursery
  • Buy/wrap big brother gift from baby
  • Pack bags
  • Get ds's fall clothes out and ready

I'm sure there's a ton more, but this will be a good start.

We're picking up the crib today after dh gets out of work.

We will probably pick up the freezer this weekend (we have one picked out already so the hard part on deciding is done!).

I'm almost done painting the nursery (one wall left).

We have the carseat and bases and a couple weeks ago I moved ds's carseat in both our cars to make room for the baby's carseat.

Anyone else want to come on over in here and freak out with me?! LOL!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 AM

I'm not so much freaking out as already mourning the fact that this is (most likely lol) my last pregnancy. I look at the calendar and the days flying by and I think:"Oh no... only six more weeks of baby movements and big belly and those "awww" looks from little old ladies at church." I love being pregnant and I missed it terribly once my girls were born. I know, I'm odd. orngtongue.gif

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

ME! We fell asleep early last night on accident, and then I woke up at 10 and kept DH up until 2am talking about everything we had to do, washing/folding clothes, both of us feeling Thrasher move around, etc. I just feel too wound up to sleep.

We move next week, and I'm not finished packing. During the move is the day to submit perishable entries to the state fair, so I need to plan my packing wisely so that I can still bake my entries! DH's hunting season schedule might be completely rearranged next week, putting him out of town way sooner than I would like, which means zero help unpacking and cleaning the old apartment.

Then, there's the baby stuff. I need to finish packing my birth bag, make sure my mom is squared away for coming to stay with us, figure out when my in-laws are coming up, get the new house ready for company (and a baby!), meet the doula again and pay our deposit, actually FINISH my Bradley method book (oops), get my music playlist together, finish up my documentation at work, plan my company's United Way campaign (I have a leadership role in the local UW),etc. I've got a bunch of birthdays coming up, the annual Pirate Pub Crawl (to DD this year, but still fun), the State Fair, potentially a baby shower, more stuff to buy before Thrasher arrives, I need to study up on newborn care and breastfeeding.... I could go on for days.

And I have one month from today, exactly, before I am "officially" full term. Insert copious amounts of colorful language here.

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 AM

I am getting SO anxious for baby to come - I freak when I think about the delivery part, so I'm trying to just keep it out of my head, but I cannot WAIT to bring my new little boy home. This will be our last baby, and I get giddy when I think about never having to go through pregnancy again. Baby movements are lovely, but I prefer having the baby in my arms a million times over, sleepless nights, sore nipples, diaper changes and all joy.gif

I feel pretty prepared, I was a little worried about cold-weather wear since my older son was an April baby, so I ordered some fleece suits from Old Navy yesterday, plus some SmartWool booties online, and I've got some merino wool caps already knitted up, so I'm calmer now. My list now is:

- bring up and wash baby clothes and put them in the dresser
- pick up some newborn diapers (I'll switch to cloth around a month in)
- pre-register at the hospital
- test to make sure my pump still works
- pick up some breastmilk storage bags
- install infant carseat
- pack hospital bag
- reread my Hypnobirthing book!
- sidecar the crib to our bed
- set up changing station in our room (daytime one is in DS' room)
- I'm also planning on picking up a big brother gift from baby smile.gif
- buy Halloween costumes so I don't have to worry about it in October

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have to say I'm more in the camp of, my goodness there's STILL sooooo many weeks to go! I cannot wait!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I'm getting a little freaked. I've had a to do/to buy list for weeks and I just keep adding to it and not getting any of it done. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow. I had DS at 38 weeks, 4 days. Time to get on the ball!

To Buy:

Infant car seat

New car seat for DS

Blinds for living room

Birth supplies

Infant Bath Tub

Toiletries for back up hospital bag

To Do:

Assemble mini crib

Rearrange DS’s room

Wash baby clothes

Wash baby blankets, mini crib sheets and Boppy covers

Lanolize wool longies and diaper covers

Make playlist on iPod

Pack back-up hospital bag for baby and mama

Pack overnight bag for DS

Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 PM

I will join the freak-out session! I am 33 weeks + 3 days pregnant, so my son could technically be here in 2 1/2 weeks (hoping he stays in at least another 6 1/2 weeks, though!!!) I am living in a cute TINY cabin in the woods in rural Texas, still in the process of being built! The bedroom/living room half of the house is done, but the kitchen/closet/bathroom half is just bare wood right now. My DS will be sharing our bedroom, obviously, so no nursery to prepare.

Things that need to be done:

Electricity

Plumbing

A/C

Kitchen

Bathroom

Two halves of the cabin must be bridged together

Purchase UC supplies
Baby showers

Birthing classes
Enjoy last days as a married couple without children

Cook and freeze postpartum meals

Did I mention that DH is on unemployment?! Thankfully, our families are loaning us money to help finish the house before Wolf is born and we have inherited some expensive appliances (composting toilet, fridge) from a family member who passed away two weeks ago and found good deals on others through craigslist. So I guess it is possible to get this stuff done in time, but HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEIylkdlasknhdioasgKJGJKG!!! Totally freaking the hell out.

FIREdevil.gifJessima, devilish wife to tiphat.gifKelleypa and bellycast.gif mama to 3rdtri.gif Wolf EDD 10/04/11.

Looking forward to a wonderful  waterbirth.jpg followed by some tasty placenta.gif and thencd.gif  intactlact.gif familybed1.gif homeschool.gif

Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM

Jessima - I think you win for the most unique to do list! Good luck with it - I know from experience that renovations/building, although rewarding can be kind of stressful!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 08-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm freaking a bit!   I am 33 weeks, and I'm hoping to get to 37 weeks.    I've done most of the lesson prep for school and we are starting on Monday so that we can get into some kind of routine before the baby comes.   

I have sorted out all the kids' fall and winter clothes (except for the 2 year old whose stuff is still in a basket).

I have started making some freezer meals, but not nearly enough.  Luckily I have 2 awesome older kids who can help if I need them to.

I still need to go through all the baby clothes and wash the newborn stuff.

I need to find my small cloth diapers and wash them.

I have got pajamas for my hospital bag should I go into labour before 37 weeks or if I need a transfer.  Still need to pack a bag, though.

Need to clean the baseboards/fan blades and light fittings/window frames/windows/etc. etc. etc.   I am thinking of paying my older kids handsomely to do this, rather than getting in a service :)   I NEED this to be done.   It is like a compulsion right now, except I cannot do it all myself.  So my dh and I will do some and the kids can help for some monetary compensation :)

I need to put together some fun activity packs with educational stuff for the younger kids to keep them busy when I'm nursing.

I just feel like I want to do so much, but I have so little time!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:26 PM

This would be me, also!

I will be induced for medical reasons, and I was thinking it would be around 38+2; saw dr a few days ago and he's thinking more like 37+3 or 4. That information, combined with touring the brand new birthing suites after our appointment, has changed my thinking from "Oh, the birth is still so far away" to "Holy crap, we're down to less than 7 weeks!" Dang!

Like most of you, I also have a convoluted and extensive list of things I would love to accomplish before babe arrives. But I'm also trying to let go of my perfectionism and enjoy this time.

I went shopping tonight and bought the babe his coming home outfit and an awesome snuggly blanket (which I will enjoy also as I nurse him for endless hours cuddled in said blanket!)

Wow, this is becoming real very quickly!

SAHM to Abraham (9) Gillian (5) Adrienne (3) and baby boy coming in October! 

Always missing our Gianna, lost during fullterm labor (8/23/04)
Sticking together through the good and the bad with dh of 10 yrs!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Love this thread - it really is VERY soon that we'll be meeting these little people!  Eeek!  I love looking at other people's to-do lists, they help me remember what else *I* need to do! So with that in mind, here's my current list, copied from a to-do thread in the Nov. DDC (I'm due at the end of October so I've been posting in both DDC) The crossed off items are done

TO BUY:

baby book

bottle sterilizer

tub sling
feeding pillow
xmas shopping finished 
update hurricane supplies
dd's big girl bed, bedding 
second diaper pail
new blankets
new stove!!!
finish filling a 'busy box' for DD - new colouring books, crayons, little games, puzzles, stickers, etc
buy thank you cards
stock up on basic household supplies (tp, soap, etc) and pantry
hospital bag and postpartum supplies
new pajamas and comfy clothing for me
Finish buying DD's fall wardrobe, winter pajamas
fall shoes for DD
newborn bouncy chair
DH's birthday gift

TO DO:
organize newborn clothing
wash blankets, get new if needed
wash and organize bottles, formula, new nipples?
filldeep freezer with meals and baked goods 
declutter toys
work on potty training
move crib from DD's to our room
set up bedside basket for diapers, etc
pack hospital bag
add to hospital bag: , list of phone numbers, deck of cards, camera charger, shirt and pajamas for DH, snacks for DH (cooler in car?), change for vending machines,  newborn diapers, formula, nail clippers,
Pack an overnight bag for DD in case MIL doesn't make it in time and we have to take her to a friend's
update and charge ipod
close to due date- lay out outfits for DD so DH and MIL can dress her properly, haha!
write out a list of meal ideas for DD - see above, :)
wrap DD's gift from baby
wash slings
clean out and prepare spare room for company
car -  replenish 1st aid kit, winter supplies(spare mittens, blanket, etc)
check newborn car seat expiry, wash cover
clean car
wash cosleeper cover
find newborn clippers, toiletries, etc
get photo scrapbook up to date 

TO MAKE
sew baby pants
halloween costume(s)?
new cover for moses basket
flannel blankets and burp rags
fall dresses and smocks for DD

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 AM

Jessima, your list makes me feel so much better about my own to-dos! lol.gif  Sending you good 'get'er done" vibes!goodvibes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessimaTheisen View Post

I will join the freak-out session! I am 33 weeks + 3 days pregnant, so my son could technically be here in 2 1/2 weeks (hoping he stays in at least another 6 1/2 weeks, though!!!) I am living in a cute TINY cabin in the woods in rural Texas, still in the process of being built! The bedroom/living room half of the house is done, but the kitchen/closet/bathroom half is just bare wood right now. My DS will be sharing our bedroom, obviously, so no nursery to prepare.

Things that need to be done:

Electricity

Plumbing

A/C

Kitchen

Bathroom

Two halves of the cabin must be bridged together

Purchase UC supplies
Baby showers

Birthing classes
Enjoy last days as a married couple without children

Cook and freeze postpartum meals

Did I mention that DH is on unemployment?! Thankfully, our families are loaning us money to help finish the house before Wolf is born and we have inherited some expensive appliances (composting toilet, fridge) from a family member who passed away two weeks ago and found good deals on others through craigslist. So I guess it is possible to get this stuff done in time, but HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEIylkdlasknhdioasgKJGJKG!!! Totally freaking the hell out.

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

This weekend we bought the freezer and got it set up and got the crib put together. Yay!

On the "must do" list for this week.... work on finding a pediatrician and call some more doulas to set up a time to meet with them.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:37 AM

This thread is helpful for me.  I am making a list and stealing people's ideas.  We have to find a doctor too, and I have no idea where to start.  DH decided he wants to switch away from the NP we've been seeing, so I guess we'll take baby to his FP doctor, if he gets one.  Ugh I don't know.  

And how do I choose a carrier? 

Anyway!

My draft list: 

buy dresser then rearrange bedroom
sort diapers, make/buy what I still need
changing top for dresser
wool care supplies
diaper wet bags or pail
diaper sprayer
washclothes/wipes
make wipe spray
pottychair
diaper detergent
newborn + size 1 sposies
sposie wipes
blankets?
bottle feeding stuff?  don't need right away, but soon
pump stuff?
nip pads
shower thank you cards
install car seat base / figure out how to work car seat
more freezer meals
hospital bag(s)
get more baby clothes or something?
road trip to minneapolis :D
baby medical supplies: snotsucker, thermo, vitamins? nailclipper, something else?
blackout curtains for bedroom
moby or other carrier aahhhhhh
make several batches soap
get a pediatrician
think about diaper bag (some more)

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Old 08-22-2011, 10:23 AM

I need to make a to do/to buy list. I am so far behind.

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 AM

Poodge, me too! I'm reading everyone's lists and realizing that I still have SO much to do, and I don't even have a list yet...and I'm full term in 4w3d. Eek!

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

Old 08-22-2011, 11:10 AM

I have lists EVERYWHERE, but somehow neglected to make a "Before Baby" list. It's now started, next to my "stuff to purchase for the house" and "birth center bags" lists...

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

baby medical supplies: snotsucker, thermo, vitamins? nailclipper, something else?

Re: snotsucker:  get this, get this !!  http://nosefrida.com/   I so wish I'd had this when DD was tiny.  I look forward to having it right away with this baby!  Makes the process so much easier!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Re: snotsucker:  get this, get this !!  http://nosefrida.com/   I so wish I'd had this when DD was tiny.  I look forward to having it right away with this baby!  Makes the process so much easier!

yes! yes! yes! I will never use a bulb syringe again. The Nose Frida rocks!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 08-22-2011, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

moby or other carrier aahhhhhh

With ds I didn't know much about baby-wearing until he was an older baby. I got a hotsling when he was about 6 months old and LOVED it for quick trips in/out of stores/library/whatever in the hip carry. It wouldn't have been comfortable for long long trips though.

This time I have a hotsling again, an Ergo and plan on getting a Moby.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:09 PM
~pi

I've said it before and I will say it again: Some of you are very, very ambitious. I am a recovered ambitious pregnant woman, so my list is much shorter.

Must do before birth:

• diapers: buy a package of disposable diapers
  • clothes: get newborn clothes out and washed
  • nursing: pull out nursing pillow, fix tear in cover, wash, dry
  • gear: wash Ergo & infant insert
  • bedroom: assemble crib, rearrange room to make space for crib, switch mattresses on beds
  • birth: pack hospital bag, meet with doula

Aim to do before birth:

• diapers: wash small prefolds & covers, get new covers if needed
  • clothes: rearrange drawers in kids' dresser, pack away DS' outgrown clothes
  • nursing: assemble nursing stool
  • gear: assemble swing
  • paperwork: call passport & birth cert offices re: traveling out of country 1 month after birth, get forms ahead of time if possible

If extra time (otherwise can wait until after birth):

• gear: install new car seat base (Note: We won't be driving home from the hospital. Obviously this is a more important task if you are!)
  • nursing: get pump and bottles out
  • gear: watch ring sling DVD

Other things are nice to haves. E.g., if we have time to make more food for the freezer, great. If not, we will muddle through. We're pretty good at pulling together meals quickly.

I'm not meaning to suggest that it's a necessarily bad thing to be ambitious. I just know that I really stressed myself out with baby #1, feeling like I had to have everything perfectly in place ahead of time. We had an extremely long list, sorted into complex priority levels ... it was stressful. Really, in many ways, I had more time after DS arrived. We were still able to buy things, wash laundry, etc. I'm taking it much easier this time, and focusing on the things that I feel are most important for me:

• get enough sleep
  • get lots of exercise
  • spend time with DS
  • finish up work tasks

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

I'm not meaning to suggest that it's a necessarily bad thing to be ambitious. I just know that I really stressed myself out with baby #1, feeling like I had to have everything perfectly in place ahead of time. We had an extremely long list, sorted into complex priority levels ... it was stressful. Really, in many ways, I had more time after DS arrived. We were still able to buy things, wash laundry, etc. I'm taking it much easier this time, and focusing on the things that I feel are most important for me:

You're the little sane voice in the back of my head that tells me I'm crazy all the time ;)

But seriously, I tend to set extremely high, kind of silly goals (after all, the grocery store will be there after the baby is born, it isn't going anywhere, I really don't need to stockpile the house with food...) BUT, I find it so.much.more.relaxing to do all these things and know they're done.  I know that it means I'll have lots of extra time after the birth and that I'll probably laugh at my silly overpreparedness, but on that off chance that something unexpected happens, I won't have to worry about all these things.  

I always think of it like that ONE TIME you don't pack an extra diaper/washcloth/bottle of water/paper towel/change of clothes or anything in your purse because you're going out for a relatively quick trip....you know, that one time which is when you child chooses to puke all over the back seat of the car and herself and you literally have nothing to wipe her/the car  up with or change her into.  Yeah.    Overprepared is way more relaxing for me thumb.gif

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
~pi

Katico, I totally get it. smile.gif I think everyone deals with this differently, and as long as you aren't the kind (like me) who completely breaks down if not 100% done every item on the list, then having an ambitious list is perfectly reasonable and may make your life easier later. I'm just offering an alternative approach for those for whom it might reduce stress. Of course, I would not have listened to me last time, so who knows whether or not it's useful!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 PM

My list is pretty non-baby so far.  lol.gif 2whistle.gif

• Clean out/organize the linen closet
  • Clean out/organize the walk-in storage closet
  • Put up the shelves I bought for my computer area
  • Clean off the cluttered bookcases
  • Finish my piano (my birthday project - back in June! - was to  paint my ugly piano.  It's painted, but it needs a few finishing details before it's completely done.  And I *know* I won't get around to it with a baby in the house!)
  • Wash/organize my kids' winter clothes - otherwise I'll be totally unprepared when an unexpected snow arrives, as it often does in October.
  • Clean my carpets (borrowing MIL's machine)
  • Clean the microwave (LOL, it's awful right now!)
  • Find a doctor!!!
  • Buy nursing bras - ack!!  I need to do this soon!!
  • Finish purchasing items from my birth supply list (provided by my midwife).  The kit is ordered, but there's odds-and-ends to be gathered, like drop cloths and herbs and Depends and then pads for postpartum.  I need to do this within 2 weeks, as they expect me to have everything ready at my home visit just after Labor Day.
  • Do any sewing/crafting I can squeeze in for baby.  Right now it's a small list - a few homemade Baby Legs from women's knee-high socks I purchased, and maybe a couple customized onesies.  Not going all-out this time and sewing a blanket, like I have with my other babies.  Poor little 4th child.  Oh, well.

That's it so far.  I'm going to wait until after my baby shower (which is going to be less than 3 weeks from my due date, so not a lot of leeway!) to buy anything I need for baby, and even then I'm going to stick to absolute basics.  I might end up getting people giving me everything I need, who knows!  The only thing I need to get for sure is something to put the baby clothes in.  We have so little space right now that I'm thinking what I'm going to get is a plastic rubbermaid-type stacked drawer thing to put on top of my own dresser.  Not the prettiest solution, but it will be functional until we can do better.  If I find time and energy, I'm also hoping to get at least 3-5 meals tucked away in my freezer.

I find my list humorous.  So much housecleaning, so little actual preparing for baby....

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 08-23-2011, 06:55 AM

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow so that means I have anywhere between 2 and 7 weeks left! DS was 2 weeks late (failed induction > c-section) so I think it will be around 5 . . . thankfully the OB is just fine with having me go to at least 41 (not all VBAC docs are) plus they have my EDC 1 week beyond what I know myself to be . . .

At any rate, my list is complicated by the fact that I have a couple showers yet to have so I don't know what I might be getting at those. Why do they throw them so late in pregnancy? I just don't understand!

Anyway:

Things to buy because no one else will

Nursing bra (I love the basic Bravado one; my last one tore after 15+ months of use, poor thing)

Baby K'tan

Nursing pads

Things to do

We have some huge consignment sales coming up in our area, great to score clothes and gear. Need to do these! they are the week of Sept 10-17th most of them. I'll be huge and tired, but so worth it!

Pack hospital bag

Do Maternity (bump and big brother) pictures - That's on Monday, Aug 29th! I'm so excited!

Make big brother/little sister shirts

Get my parents over to repair DD's crib, and get the final nursery arrangement done

Have DH's parents switch out the washer and dryer so I can wash/prep diapers for DD and clothes

Things I'd love to have done:

a Pedicure!

at least one (more) deep tissue massage

Take DS out for a last family of 3 dinner. I think he'd love Hibachi (all the fire and stuff)

But all of these are dependent of $$ so we shall see.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM

Must do:

*Finish thank you notes from shower

*Arrange petcare for time at hospital (putting this down even though I finished it this morning!  It will make me feel accomplished!)

*Buy nursing bras

*Assemble pack and play for our room

*Finish unpacking from move

*Pack hospital bag/finish birth plan

*Figure out car seat/clean out the car

Want to do:

*Have a few weeks of meals prepared in freezer

*Send out care package to relative starting college

*Finish knitting and sewing projects

*Get furniture arranged in house/buy furniture for the empty rooms

*See at least one more musical/play (because it might be a while...considering our big playhouse doesn't allow children under three :))

*Get a jump on holiday shopping

*Girl's night

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:01 PM

So funny, I just blogged about this today!

I've finished most of our baby "shopping"...(yay local classifieds!!) now it's just a whole bunch of stuff that I have to do around the house.

Lots of painting, reorganizing, sewing a few things etc. It seems like a lot when I put it all in one list, kind of overwhelming! I'm really hoping I can get most of it done sooner than later.

I don't want to be doing these things at the last minute eyesroll.gif

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 PM

I feel like I've done so much this week, but I just looked at my list a few minutes ago, and I think it must have grown overnight!!  nut.gif

While I still have an overwhelming amount of sort of "big things" to do, I think it's still realistic.  Today I grabbed a set of 3 Sterlite drawers to be a makeshift dresser for baby.  It's now perched happily on top of my own dresser.  Looks out of place right now, but I'm sure I'll get used to it before long.  Also picked up a new laundry basket to contain my birthing supplies.  And cleaned off my dresser to make room for it all, of course!  (I don't know how my dresser becomes clutter-central, but there you have it!)  Next on my to-do-list is to take the co-sleeper to MIL's house (where there's a nice big yard for working in) and give it a good scrub and hosing down.  I wasn't happy with how dingy it looked when I put it away with my last baby, and I'm sure it's gotten worse.  Also need to have DH cut my new shelves from IKEA down to size so I can paint them and hang them, and get my computer area more organized.  And I think I'm going to go nursing bra shopping tomorrow while my older kids are in school.  That should knock a few things off my list!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

I feel like I've done so much this week, but I just looked at my list a few minutes ago, and I think it must have grown overnight!!  nut.gif

I was just talking to someone about this! It seems like every day I start out with a reasonable list of things to do. By the end of the day I've added more things to the list than I've actually crossed off. It's getting frustrating!

Today's list.... laundry (have 1 load going, 3 loads left), dishes (dishwasher is going right now so I just have to unload when it's done), baking (I have a massive pile of too ripe bananas and some peaches that need to be used), call some doulas to schedule time to meet them, vacuum the living room/dining room/kitchen and tend to my garden (poor neglected garden). I would also really like to sew a little bit more, but that's just a bonus at this point.

ETA- Here was my original list from the first post...

• Install carseat bases Not done
  • Buy freezer and make meals We are having freezer issues so this is on the back burner for now
  • Finish painting nursery Done!
  • Set up nursery Haven't even started, aside from the crib is put together!
  • Buy/wrap big brother gift from baby Got a couple books for him.... still working on this
  • Pack bags Not even started
  • Get ds's fall clothes out and ready Not even started

Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM

Now that we're halfway moved into the new house, we're having a "fight" about the nursery. My thoughts are that if the baby is sleeping in our room for now, and if we have a bedroom that's going to be his "big boy" room once we get done childproofing it and repainting, why bother painting and decorating the "nursery?" It's currently a spare room with two yellow walls and two white walls. I thought we'd just leave it alone and stick the baby gear in it. DH thinks I'm missing out on some baby experience by NOT going overboard and wants me to paint it... But not without him supervising because he won't allow me to use a ladder.

Needless to say, I've added to my list as well.
1) Decide WTF we're doing for the nursery
2) Get it freakin' DONE so I can actually set stuff up

User Tag List