Discounts & Deals - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-20-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Inspired by Steph's awesone diaper scores, I thought I'd start a thread for us bargain shoppers to share info on great bargains that most of us can take advantage of.

Today's Groupon for Anchorage (that can be purchased by anyone) is a 16x20 CANVAS print of your choosing (baby picture!!!!) through CafePress for $39 - 69% off! Has to be redeemed by November 22, but that's plenty if time for maternity/newborn shots!

I love it when Groupon partners with online vendors! I picked up an awesome deal from Mixbook earlier this year that I'm going to use to make a photobook of the baby! I've purchased Groupons from other cities for discounts at Barnes & Noble as well.

Know of any awesome bargains online or through national retailers? Let's keep our overhead low! smile.gif

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 08-20-2011, 07:42 PM

I ran into this deal the other day, but I don't know anything about BabyGanics. But, if you go to this site you can buy a $20 coupon to BabyGanics for $1. Then go here, to the BabyGanics website. Shipping is between $4-5 for under $28 and free for over $28. Seems like a good deal but, again, I don't know anything about this company or their products. Maybe someone else does?

Buy 6 Fuzzibunz diapers and get 2 free. All you need to do is buy 6 diapers, fill out this rebate form and mail in UPC codes and receipt for diapers and they will mail you 2 diapers (1 solid color and 1 mystery print). Must all be in 1 transaction. Nicki's Diapers has a deal where you can use the code FIVE for 5% off your order. If you spend over $100 you can also get a free gift (3 cloth wipes).

I've also heard that you can use the code SMDF10 on zulily and it will take $10 off a $30 purchase. I have not tried this yet so cannot confirm! I have a $15 store credit though, so I might try it and see if I can use the $10 off $30 plus my $15 credit. Hmmm....

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#3 of 14 Old 08-20-2011, 07:52 PM

I love www.babydealsdujour.com for tracking all the deal a day websites.
I've bought a stroller, diapers, changing pad, nursing pads, diaper sprayer and more for about 50% off by stalking there.
Www.nobetterdesl.com is my new stalk site.

I've never seen anything I want on zulily - I mean, a $28 onesie for $14 is great, but I don't need a $14 onesie either!! I keep looking tho.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#4 of 14 Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 PM

I like babycheapskate.com to keep up with some of the sales on the bigger online stores like amazon, zappos, etc.  They also do a summary of deal-a-days as well.

There's a buy 5 get one free sale on BumGenius 4.0 happening now at many stores (google bumgenius 4.0 sale).  The sale will run for about another 10 days.

#5 of 14 Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

I've never seen anything I want on zulily - I mean, a $28 onesie for $14 is great, but I don't need a $14 onesie either!! I keep looking tho.

I totally agree. I look (once a week or so) but there's not a lot of stuff I would actually buy. There have been great deals on Crocs (the only shoes my ds will wear) and Dr Seuss things (I love Dr Seuss and that's the theme in the nursery). But for the most part, a lot of it is still overpriced.

#6 of 14 Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

I totally agree. I look (once a week or so) but there's not a lot of stuff I would actually buy. There have been great deals on Crocs (the only shoes my ds will wear) and Dr Seuss things (I love Dr Seuss and that's the theme in the nursery). But for the most part, a lot of it is still overpriced.

Yeah, I think the best deals on the deal-a-day sites are the shoes, hands down.

#7 of 14 Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 PM

I suppose this is obvious, but there's pretty much 50000000 nice used baby things on ebay.  I got a Hanna Andersson jacket in perfect condition there for $20.  Also Craigslist.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#8 of 14 Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

yellowdart, I just picked up a glider with ottoman for $30 off of Craigslist this morning.  It's definitely used, but the cushions were clean and it felt super comfy, so it works for me!  As the seller told me, "this has rocked LOTS of babies."  I like that.  Better than buying one brand new for $200-$300 and not even knowing if it will be comfy or not until it is assembled!  I'm cheap.  :)

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#9 of 14 Old 08-21-2011, 02:06 PM

I got my Ergo from http://babysteals.stealnetwork.com/ for half of the regular price and it came super fast. They have had other good deals from time to time, and if you click on the little birdie under the word two you can go look at the archives!

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#10 of 14 Old 08-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

yellowdart, I just picked up a glider with ottoman for $30 off of Craigslist this morning.  It's definitely used, but the cushions were clean and it felt super comfy, so it works for me!  As the seller told me, "this has rocked LOTS of babies."  I like that.  Better than buying one brand new for $200-$300 and not even knowing if it will be comfy or not until it is assembled!  I'm cheap.  :)

Nice!!  I love finding awesome cheap stuff like that.  We got our bassinet/travel crib for cheap on Craigslist, and now I'm going to start getting all the toys and activity centers and stuff I wanna try out but don't want to spend more than a couple dollars on.  There's tons of them listed every day on our local Craigslist. 

The only thing Craigslist is almost always bad for in my area is cloth diapers.  People use a fuzzibunz for a year and want $19 for it?  Oh hell no.  I've got diaperswappers for all my used CD buying needs though.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#11 of 14 Old 08-22-2011, 05:45 AM

will say I have seen some CD's on Zulily on occasion - Fuzzibunz and maybe Charlies? - and the price is fine, but I hate how much their shipping is - usually around $8.

I second craigslist. And diaperswappers.

If you order regularly from amazon, love being part of amazon mom; now I don't have to pay for Prime! I think it's HappyBabyCompany? but it's a mama that posts here a lot, does 10% off your order with code MDC10 (I think).

If you are a fabric/crafty person, I just did the Joann's app for my phone (I have an iPhone, but I think there is also a Droid version) and you get coupons to your phone daily; 50% a regular priced item, and usually they have a $ or % off your total order one active. No printing or anything, which I like.

In our area we have seasonal consignment sales, If you have anything like that in your area, it is so worth it to go! Ours are coming up in September, and I am going to score! When I was pregnant with my first, I came away with SO MUCH stuff - got at least a dozen sleep sacs (the Halo ones!) for no more than 3 or 4 dollars each, not to mention tons of other stuff. Also, new moms (anyone who has had a baby or will have in the next 12 months) usually can get in early to go through things before the general public.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#12 of 14 Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

If you are a fabric/crafty person, I just did the Joann's app for my phone (I have an iPhone, but I think there is also a Droid version) and you get coupons to your phone daily; 50% a regular priced item, and usually they have a $ or % off your total order one active. No printing or anything, which I like.

I had no idea.... thanks!

#13 of 14 Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 AM

This is a fantastic thread!! Thanks for the ideas.

I wish I had more to contribute in return, but the only think I have is to look in to a local Moms of Multiples group for sales. Our group has 2 sales a year, and they are great! 

I got my Medela InStyle pump for $20, 2 nice vibrating baby seats for $8 total, a mint-condition Pack n Play for $20, etc. It's especially nice since you can meet whomever is selling the stuff and have lots of opportunity to check things out and make they are in good condition before buying. 

#14 of 14 Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 PM

I don't know if anyone else is planning on using gDiapers instead of cloth or disposables, but there is a pretty good sale at Diapers.com for them right now...you can get $20 if you order five or more, plus another $10 off if it's your first time ordering from the site, and free 1-2 day shipping if you spend more than $49. Also, I think you get $5 off of your future orders, but I don't remember the details of that bit...I think there are probably some restrictions. I just bought 5 new covers (3 for new baby, 2 for DSS) and saved quite a bit, and got super cute colors! Although I just realized one of the covers is hot pink, and I don't know if baby is a boy or a girl Sheepish.gif.

It's not really feasible for us to do cloth diapers because the place we're renting does not have a washing machine, but the awesome thing about gDiapers is that we CAN use cloth inserts with them if/when we do get a washing machine (if you don't use the cloth inserts, you use inserts that can either be flushed or just tossed, and if they aren't poopy you can even compost them!). We used them for DSS, and I love them...the covers are super cute and we've very rarely had any issues with leaking or diaper rash (and DSS has super sensitive skin). Anyway, don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but I thought I'd share just in case any of you are using gDiapers redface.gif.

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page