spotlight on Aprilmoon1 (Aug 22-28) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a spotlight thread for Aprilmoon1!

What is a spotlight thread?

A spotlight thread is a thread where we ask questions of another DDC member and read & respond to her answers. It's a fun way to get to know other DDC members a little better.

How do I get a spotlight thread?

What kinds of questions can I ask?

Whatever you like -- silly, weird, personal, you name it. The person being spotlit gets to decide whether/how to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know you a little better!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#2 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter
~pi

How did you pick your username?

Tell us a little about where you live. (Be as vague or as specific as you like.) What do you like about it? What brought and/or kept you there?

If you had to choose, would you rather have a two week camping vacation or a weekend in a luxury hotel?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#3 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 AM

This is a username I started using a few years ago. Nothing too exciting; jus my first name plus moon - thought it sounds nice.

We live in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. My family has been here for many generations, usually having a winter home here (yes my great great grandparents were some of the first "snow birds"!). I lived in Florida until I was 8, then my parents and I moved to Oregon, where I lived until I was 22, then to Central America, and now we all ended up back here in Florida. My husband is a marine biologist and surfer, and having family near made Sarasota even more appealing to settle down.

Sarasota is rare gem in Florida because there is still a sense of comminity - despite all the snow birds and retirees. There is so much culture, great restaurants and family activities. The beach here on siesta key was voted number one this year - husband and I got married on the beach, and my son has grown up spending every week there - we live 5 minutes away. We also live 10 minutes from Myakka State park; a beautiful, large natural area where we can hike, camp, and enjoy "old" Florida.

Camping or luxury hotel?? I am the girl who backpacks with beaty supplies, and camps with a new pedicure. I grew up with both parents being biologists and naturalists, so camping is always ideal to me.....HOWEVER......it is hot hot hot here and very humid. The mosquitos are terrible. Camping in the summer in Florida is never too comfortable, but especially pregnant! I will choose luxury hotel smile.gif
#4 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Do you like to travel? What places are on your must see list?

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#5 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 06:29 PM

Traveling is my passion. I was lucky tht my parents took me with them on their business trips, around the US as well as abroad. I postponed college a few yeas and went to Europe and lived in Japan (I study traditional japanese karate and speak Japanese).

My husband is from Nicaragua, and we lived there for two years, so I have traveled to many countries in central america - we always take my son when we go back there. I find it really important to expose jim, even at four years old, to the world and to the beauty of traveling and experiencing other cultures.

My wish list would be Argentina and Brazil, and back to Europe to go to Spain. Anywhere new for me I would love. But right now, traveling that far is hard because of the cost. It is easier for us to travel to Central america, because the flights are cheaper from here in Florida.
#6 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM

how many children do you have? (including this 1)

what is your favorite food?

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page