spotlight on theboysmama (Aug 22-28) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a spotlight thread for theboysmama!

What is a spotlight thread?

A spotlight thread is a thread where we ask questions of another DDC member and read & respond to her answers. It's a fun way to get to know other DDC members a little better.

How do I get a spotlight thread?

What kinds of questions can I ask?

Whatever you like -- silly, weird, personal, you name it. The person being spotlit gets to decide whether/how to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know you a little better!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
~pi

How did you pick your username?

Tell us a little about where you live. (Be as vague or as specific as you like.) What do you like about it? What brought and/or kept you there?

If you had to choose, would you rather have a two week camping vacation or a weekend in a luxury hotel?

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#3 of 12 Old 08-23-2011, 01:42 PM

User name: I came to mdc when I had just had my first m/c. I had 2 boys at the time and it just made since to me.

I live in New Mexico. I like the weather here, sunny and dry but skiing is just a short drive away (30 min. to 1 1/2 hrs depending on which area I choose). I came here to teach skiing and just kind of got stuck. They don't call this the land of entrapment for nothing. I like it well enough but would love to move to a small colorado ski town like durango.... Just need big bucks to do it:).

Camping/Hotel- I love camping, we had a camper for a while and it was fun. If it was a 2 wk camping trip with all the kids, etc verses a weekend in a luxury hotel with just me and dh, room service, spa treatments, etc. I think I would take the hotel because me time and couple time is so rare and it is good to be rejuvinated. I love camping but it is an awful lot of work with all the kiddos.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#4 of 12 Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM

What kinds of preoccupations do you have with the new baby coming?

What most excites you about the new baby coming?

Do you have any guilty pleasures, if so, what are they?

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#5 of 12 Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 PM

What kinds of preoccupations do you have with the new baby coming?

I am pretty worried about this lo so haven't really focused on nesting baby stuff, etc. I have finally cleaned out all of the bedroom closets and made a little bit of space for her clothes so when I finally decide to get out baby stuff I will have a place to put it. 

My 1 crazy obsession is baby leg warmers. Somehow in my head I decided early on that it would be ok to buy baby legs as they would be easy to return if something happened, they aren't too much of an investment, I only buy the sale ones, etc.  Well that has turned into quite the obsession with close to 40 legwarmers on hand right now. bag.gif  (I had some already from dd1 but would have to say that I have definately more than doubled my collection). I was just wondering today if I should get someone to make bows to match winky.gif Dh didn't think that was a good idea though.

What most excites you about the new baby coming?

I am really looking forward to a live baby!!! I want to do all of the baby things like nurse, tandem nurse, snuggle, baby wear, ec, etc. that I didn't get to do with my last 2 pg's as they were gone too soon. greensad.gif I want a sibling for my children that they don't have to visit at the cemetary and I want a babymoon with a live baby and am really really looking forward to that and hoping that it happens for us.

Do you have any guilty pleasures, if so, what are they?

Chocolate!!! I have food allergies and can't have most chocolates but the whole foods brand dark chocolate is a safe food and it is so yummy. I am eating them like crazy right now. Love all of the flavors especially the coconut.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#6 of 12 Old 08-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Do you like to travel? Which places are on your must see list?

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#7 of 12 Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM

Do you like to travel? Which places are on your must see list? 

I love to travel! Even with all the kids I still really enjoy it. Trips have definately morphed from cool backpacking/hostel bus tours through australia, costa rica, etc. to Camping in national parks, amusement parks, Hawaii (thanks to my dad), and ski vacations.

I would love to go to England and Scotland but not till the kids get bigger. I also think Peru would be fabulous but given our family size and budget and the fact that dh is disabled that probably won't happen.

I am pretty satisfied with where I have been and repeating those places with my family would be a whole different experience, any traveling opportunity that comes up I will take. Definately not picky:).

#8 of 12 Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 AM

That's a lot of baby legs. I assume you will EC? I did EC with DS and will with this one too. I have a super cute pair of leg warmers/hat that were handmade for an auction. 500

#9 of 12 Old 08-25-2011, 09:04 AM

Yup it is an awful lot, bit of an obsession, but it seemed safe so I went with it.
I do plan to ec. I part time eced ds3 (just for poops really) and pretty much did full time ec with dd. I love it but dh is NOT a fan, didn't want to do it w dd but she made him. he was fine when we were in it but is fighting it again. We will see how it goes. That is a cute hand knit st. I like I!

#10 of 12 Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

Yup it is an awful lot, bit of an obsession, but it seemed safe so I went with it.
I do plan to ec. I part time eced ds3 (just for poops really) and pretty much did full time ec with dd. I love it but dh is NOT a fan, didn't want to do it w dd but she made him. he was fine when we were in it but is fighting it again. We will see how it goes. That is a cute hand knit st. I like I!

It is weird to me that your DH doesn't like it. Mine DH LOVES it not just b/c he can participate in some of the care. He loves being the one to take baby potty but also for the big $$$$ it saves in diapers. Plus, there is always that aspect of not having to clean a mess of poop off kiddo's butt, which I find more time consuming than just taking them potty.

It is pretty warm here so I don't imagine we will use them too long but I thought this set would be cute for newborn pictures and a few weeks after the baby is born. I only have one other pair b/c with my first I lived in Puerto Rico. Oh well. Hey, we are taking a trip to TX in December. That might be a good excuse to get a couple more pairs...

#11 of 12 Old 08-25-2011, 01:06 PM

We use cloth so there is no immediate savings like with sposies. In the beginning we wash lots more bcs we are changing constantly. Also, dh is disabled and diaper changes, poop, etc are really difficult for him so that is what I do BUT he can do ec no problem so that falls on him more. Also, with dd she insisted that he take her, starting when we was about 10 wks old. I would take her and she would go no problem but if dh was home she would arch her back scream, etc. I passed her it him and she would go right away. He sees it as a lot more work bcs well for him it is. Also my dd was very finicky about it and would start squirming anytime we were near a bathroom. Seems like we spent the first yr of her life in a restroom or pottying her in some way. I personally really enjoyed it and don't feel that after doing ec I could actually not change at every pee so diapers would definately be more work PLUS we have all of these great baby legs. lol

It is farely warm here as well but does get cold in the winter and my dd really loves wearing them with her dresses (she will be 3 in dec.) so I will have 2 kiddos sharing all of these and am assuming that they will be used for a while.

If you buy any more baby snazz is definately the best place.

#12 of 12 Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

If you buy any more baby snazz is definately the best place.

I'm going to have to check them out!

Whenever DS would get finicky about going, I would just change location. He loved to pee in the kitchen sink for some reason. Outside was always a success too. I guess they just get bored sometimes and need a change of environment. :P

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page