Yikes - 32 Weeks and Losing Mucus Plug? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Trying to remain calm here...

Just went to the bathroom and saw there was spotting/discharge...kinda gelatinous, on my pantyliner.  Sat on the toilet and small reddish-pink blobs were dropping into the toilet and showing up on toilet paper when I wiped.  I was going to make a bowel movement, but am afraid to push right now.  I already have a prenantal appt scheduled for this morning, so I'm not gonna call right now...I'm just kinda wishing my appt. wasn't with one of the newer midwives who I haven't met yet.

I haven't been noticing anything that feels like contractions and baby seems to be moving as usual.

So hoping they don't say anything abour bedrest or not lifting 30 lb. 3 year olds...  The timing would be terrible.  DH is away until the 5th.  My parents are going out of town Friday for 3 weeks.  My sis is going out of town Thursday for a month.  My aunt is around, but her husband is dealing with cancer and I don't know how available she can be.  And most of my friends around here are busy with their own 2+ kids, jobs, etc.

Anyone have anecdotal stories to help me relax?

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#2 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 AM

Are you on bedrest?

Anecdote: with my first I lost my mucous plug around 32 weeks and delivered at 42 weeks :)

with my second I lost my mucous plug about a week before and delivered at 41 weeks

Glad you have an appt today... not knowing what is going on in there must be making you crazy!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#3 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 AM

I have only lost my mucus plug once (out of the 4 non-induced births) and it was at 39 wks and I delivered at 40 wks.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#4 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 08:12 AM

No experience or anything, but good vibes for your appointment and keep us posted!

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#5 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 AM

With DS started losing MP at 36 weeks but he was born at almost 41 weeks :)

Knitting mama to Crabby Patty and Lovebug .

#6 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Back from my appt.  Midwife was totally unfazed.  Said that since I'm not having any prelabor signs that she didn't think it was any big deal...it wasn't a lot...and she said lots of people start losing bits weeks before going into labor.  So...phew I guess.  She didn't put me on "pelvic rest" but I think I'm going to put myself on pelvic rest. 

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#7 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM

I lost a long string of plug at 33w, and have continued to since (35w now)

At first I found it odd (I'd never lost it before 36w before) but now, I'm more "eh" about it. No other signs of preterm labor so I'm not worried about it. It's a sign the body is preparing, but not that labor is imminent.

Becka, partnered with Eric. Momma to Kenz, 12, Abbey, 9, Nik, 8, Johanna, 3.5, and newone on the way in October

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page