Baby journal recommendation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I am looking to get a baby journal that I will love as much as I loved Nikki McClure's "The First 1000 Days", which I used with DS. I liked that there was not a lot of pressure with that journal, that there were decent prompts, and that I could fill it in as I went along fairly easily. Does anyone know of one that is good?

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#2 of 3 Old 09-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I did the Nikki Mclure one for dd and plan to do it again for this child.  I love it! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#3 of 3 Old 09-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bought DD's book from this shop and loved it so much that I just ordered and recieved one for baby on the way:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rubylovedesigns?ref=seller_info

I liked them so much because they have all the traditional stuff (growth, teeth, birth details etc), but also had lots of more thoughtful and modern questions.  The best part is the calendar for their first year - it comes with stickers for milestones, i.e. walking, eating etc, but it is also really easy to jot in anything else you want to remember into the calendar.  There are also pages for each big event - xmas, halloween, birthday etc. with room for pictures

I was also excited that they are 3-ring, so you can move pages, add pages, etc.  It comes with lots of extra pages for pictures, writing, etc.  And you can even add in photo album type pages for things like hospital bracelets, pressed flowers, whatever you like

They're more $$ than I planned on spending but I was glad I did, I just finished up DD's book and love how much I could put into it!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page